-of feeling like we had key pieces to build around
-of the "Gone Fishing" posts :)

Feel free to add your own....

:)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you remember me complaining that Oklahoma had beat Boise State in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl not realizing Boise State had come back for the win. :)

That was a good moment.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it too early to start the "Suns Moving to...." rumors with the arena becoming 'old' by NBA standards? I mean it'll be 25 soon.

I miss
- purple as the primary color
- having this be a destination players wanted to come to.
- finding diamonds in the rough.
- a PG who can dish the ball and find the open man

SunsFan89

Reaction score
2005-2008 Were some of the most exciting times in Phoenix Suns history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005-2008 Were some of the most exciting times in Phoenix Suns history.

SSOL was exciting and it was nice to be relevant. It looks like Mike D'Antoni might be going to the Nuggets.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SSOL was exciting and it was nice to be relevant. It looks like Mike D'Antoni might be going to the Nuggets.

Unless he has a time machine that can go grab a young Steve Nash for him it wont matter.

SSOL was Nash, D'Antoni was the lucky beneficiary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Back the scene of the crime of his first failure without Nash, huh? Well, might as well end his career back where it started!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I miss the days when we were good. I really do.

You never know how good you have it until it's gone, both in sports and life itself.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I keep Bledsoe, Knight, Wright, Goodwin, Len, and Warren. Maybe Tucker.

OP
OP
boisesuns

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Do you remember me complaining that Oklahoma had beat Boise State in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl not realizing Boise State had come back for the win. :)

That was a good moment.

yeah, that was almost as good as the statue play!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I miss the old white & purple "Phoenix" jerseys, classic. Hopefully PHX brings those back.

Suns really need to do go back to they days when they did a great job evaluating draft talent to find the Marion, Stoudamire & Nash type steals of the past.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I miss the days when the Suns had a pure point guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when we had an owner I believed in who I thought would eventually figure out a way to bring us a title.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I miss the days when this board was so snobbish that it was eager to break up a perennial 55-to-60-win team because it may not have been quite tough enough to win a title. No, wait, actually I don't. In hindsight, maybe we should have been more appreciative of the good times.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I miss the days when this board was so snobbish that it was eager to break up a perennial 55-to-60-win team because it may not have been quite tough enough to win a title. No, wait, actually I don't. In hindsight, maybe we should have been more appreciative of the good times.
They should have been the foundation, with a little tinkering, leading to the next step.

OP
OP
boisesuns

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score

You're right! It's still more fun to blame Robert Horry for everything though :)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I miss the days of seeing this at US Airways Center every April

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when the league looked at the Suns as a destination and it was one of the most respected teams in the NBA.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I miss the days when I would tell people that I was a Suns fan the most common reaction was "That's cool" or "I like the Suns too" instead of "Why? Are you from there or something?"

I miss watching games where everyone where was high fiving each other rather than face-palming.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I miss the days when Phoenix was a big town and Suns basketball at the Madhouse on McDowell was the only game in town.

And I had hopes that, as Phoenix grew into a major city and added Major League baseball, football and hockey, the Suns would outgrow their entertaining small-ball and take the step to power in the post-season.

Unfortunately, the Colangelo years never established themselves at the next level. And the Sarver years have regressed. With a roster that is a laughingstock outside the Valley.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I miss the days when I would tell people that I was a Suns fan the most common reaction was "That's cool" or "I like the Suns too" instead of "Why? Are you from there or something?"

I miss watching games where everyone where was high fiving each other rather than face-palming.

LOL I know this feeling because I get the same thing. Now a days, sometimes when people ask I just change the topic lol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when Phoenix was a big town and Suns basketball at the Madhouse on McDowell was the only game in town.

And I had hopes that, as Phoenix grew into a major city and added Major League baseball, football and hockey, the Suns would outgrow their entertaining small-ball and take the step to power in the post-season.

Unfortunately, the Colangelo years never established themselves at the next level. And the Sarver years have regressed. With a roster that is a laughingstock outside the Valley.

No one was laughing at the Suns when they played SSOL. The Suns lost two WCFs to San Antonio under DA. I think a lot of teams ran into the problem of beating SA.