I miss the days...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No one was laughing at the Suns when they played SSOL. The Suns lost two WCFs to San Antonio under DA. I think a lot of teams ran into the problem of beating SA.
Which is why I used the expression, "establishing themselves at the next level".

SSOL with D'Antoni's disdain for playing defense and developing young players and going beyond a 7 1/2 man rotation was a short sighted deal as opposed to building for the next level.

And look what it has led to.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is why I used the expression, "establishing themselves at the next level".

SSOL with D'Antoni's disdain for playing defense and developing young players and going beyond a 7 1/2 man rotation was a short sighted deal as opposed to building for the next level.

And look what it has led to.

I agree about DA's weaknesses but it did not lead to this.

Did you ever answer my post on thread "Exit interviews for Suns after 2014-15 season", post # 42.

I want to know where Mercury fans are. ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I agree about DA's weaknesses but it did not lead to this.

Did you ever answer my post on thread "Exit interviews for Suns after 2014-15 season", post # 42.

I want to know where Mercury fans are. ;)
I didn't understand your question.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't understand your question.

The post to you on another thread went like this:

Why no talk about the Mercury draft and Diana Taurasi getting injured in Russia? No one posting about it on the Mercury forum.

I know you are a huge Mercury fan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The post to you on another thread went like this:

I know you are a huge Mercury fan.

Why no talk about the Mercury draft and Diana Taurasi getting injured in Russia? No one posting about it on the Mercury forum.

As I said, I don't get your question. What does it have to do with the Suns forum?

The forum you refer to is called Phoenix Mercury and Other Arizona Sports. The amount of posts to it about the Mercury are miniscule compared to the Suns board.

(Pause - pause - pause). I am still trying to get your connection between that and this "I miss the days" thread about the Suns.

One of the reasons I enjoy rooting for the Mercury (and getting better spur-of-the-moment seats than at a Suns game) is that the Mercury crowd is really into the games.

And that the Mercury have finished on top against their competition three times. It is fun to root for a hometown winner.

And because I appreciate a strong Center, I was hooked when the Mercury Center was the Russian Maria Stepanova (until she got pregnant) right through to today's Brittney Griner, who could probably out-muscle Brandan Wright. :D

P.S.: If you mean why haven't I been posting about Diana Taurasi taking a season off from her year-round schedule, it is because I understand why she is doing it. And when she comes back in a year, she will be stronger and lead the Mercury to more Championships.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I miss the days of Barbosa murdering defenses for the Suns like he's doing right this very minute for the Warriors.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, I don't get your question. What does it have to do with the Suns forum?

The forum you refer to is called Phoenix Mercury and Other Arizona Sports. The amount of posts to it about the Mercury are miniscule compared to the Suns board.

(Pause - pause - pause). I am still trying to get your connection between that and this "I miss the days" thread about the Suns.

One of the reasons I enjoy rooting for the Mercury (and getting better spur-of-the-moment seats than at a Suns game) is that the Mercury crowd is really into the games.

And that the Mercury have finished on top against their competition three times. It is fun to root for a hometown winner.

And because I appreciate a strong Center, I was hooked when the Mercury Center was the Russian Maria Stepanova (until she got pregnant) right through to today's Brittney Griner, who could probably out-muscle Brandan Wright. :D

P.S.: If you mean why haven't I been posting about Diana Taurasi taking a season off from her year-round schedule, it is because I understand why she is doing it. And when she comes back in a year, she will be stronger and lead the Mercury to more Championships.

Forget I brought the Mercury up and recent happenings. It wasn't worth it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when I KNEW the team had something up their sleeve to bring in another piece of the puzzle for a title run.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when I KNEW the team had something up their sleeve to bring in another piece of the puzzle for a title run.

I'm just hoping that McDonough has some tricks up his sleeve. I don't think he has played all his cards.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I miss the days of Barbosa murdering defenses for the Suns like he's doing right this very minute for the Warriors.

Yeah Barbosa was such a joy to watch with his basketball IQ, tough defense. Totally not frustrating.

I could probably dig up dozens of posts of you hating on Barbosa.

SMH