I want my Neil back...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I know we don't need another Rackers thread, and my previous posting will show that I have entirely supported the guy over the years, including this year... However, I have to seriously question just what the hell is going on here!
Why in the world did we kick a little bloop again yesterday on the kickoff in the 2nd quarter, giving the Hawks great field position from which they quickly put up another 3 points?? And then, on a 50 yard FG attempt, Rackers couldn't even reach the goal-posts????? He used to bomb 50 yarders like they were 30 yarders... What the hell happened here??

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
Ummm, because that's what his coach told him to do?

If anything, we should be celebrating a kicker recovering his own onside kick (even if that was immediately followed by an interception).

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
The onside kick was incredible but the 50 yard field goal sucked. I know it was a long field goal but I don't understand how that guy doesn't have the leg to get it there anymore. High winds or something? I know his accuracy has been sucking but how is he suddenly coming up short? I don't get it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Praise for Neil.

PERFECT execution of a dribbling onside kick. It couldn't be executed better.

WTF Neil??

I said it in the game thread...I've NEVER been worried about Rackers' leg...dude can BOOM kicks. Even when he misses 50 yarders, he kicks it a good 60 plus. His accuracy is the problem. That kick was dead on, but short?!?!? Short?? WTF? How was it short?

And the call for the pooch before halftime was dum-dum-dum-dum duuuuuuuuumb. I didn't like it, at all. But that is not on Neil. Should have just kicked it deep, they would have knelt it out and we go to the half. Instead, we spot them 3 points. I didn't like that call, at all.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Ummm, because that's what his coach told him to do?

If anything, we should be celebrating a kicker recovering his own onside kick (even if that was immediately followed by an interception).

Umm... that's what I'm worried about! Why is the coach making that call?? Why not allow our "bomber" of a kicker the chance to do what he's always done, BOMB the friggin ball??? Has Whiz lost confidence in Neil too??

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps because of his left hook sydrome he is focusing more on accuracy than distance.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I think. Which sucks. But, if it makes him hit 30-45 yard gamewinners with regularity I'd take it and be pleased.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I want my Neil back...
I thought you were talking about Neil Lomax...
Oh dare to dream, can you imagine what it would be like to bring Lomax in his prime to work with Boldin and Fitz?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rackers has not been kicking into the end zone much, when he does kick long. Couple that with missing several of our best special teams coverage players and you can almost understand the coaching decisions.

Rackers is what we've got now so I wish him well.

Long term, he's making too much money to perform this poorly. I pray we find a better, cheaper, younger player for next year.