If Bushrod can do it WE CAN TOO!!!

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
A fourth round pick named Jermon Bushrod out of the big college of Towson was the starting left tackle yesterday for the saints and will be as they play the rest of the season since 1st round pick OLT Brown is out for the season.

I checked the schedule and besides playing atlanta twice and the patriots the Saints should have home field advantage for the NFC playoffs.They just don't play anyone this season to challenge them.

If Bushrod can do the job on Osi,Tuck& Kiwanuka then the CARDINALS can do the same thing to give Kurt time to throw to our guys who are really stepping up and catching anything in their area.They are enjoying playing outside at the Jags and at the hags.So now we go to the nags.

Boley is out for our game at lb.Aaron Ross has a bad hamstring,chris canty has a bad calf and missed the saints game.Rich Seubert the starting OLG has a bad shoulder,ahmad bradshaw has his bad ankle and we all know eli is playing in pain due to his ankle problem.Brown the SS might miss our game due to injury and we have'nt heard about the other tackle Mckenzie yet.The giants are so paper thin at DB they may have to pick someone off the streets to play.It really made Brees look unstopable.

Antonio Pierce dominates the team in tackles with 40 and the SS Brown is second with 28 while the other LB Blackburn has 30,FS Johnson 21,the two CB's Thomas&Webster with 21&19,While the last lb Clark has 23. The three DE's have 19,17,13 tackles.

The CARDINALS have Dansby and Hayes tied with 29 tackles Bryant Mcfadden and Antrelle Rolle 24&22,Wilson with 21 and surprising to me is Haggans with 19,DRC with 16 and CC & Docket with 15 and Okeafor with 14 tackles.Robinson,Watson,Branch all with 6 and Ware & Adams & R.Johnson our rookie all have 6 too.Big Berry has only 4 tackles but leads the team with 3 sacks.

All teams keep tackles differently so you have to remember that too.

What I see is that our team just has much more depth and rotates more defensive lineman in the game fresh and I think it will play bigtime dividends as we grow as a team THIS YEAR.HOWLER has 7 special teams tackles and we need everyone of them playing against Hixon this week who is an excellent return man who killed us last year.They will be keying on HOWLER if they can find him.:D

Does anyone here think Bradshaw can keep his 6+ yards per rush against us? I DON'T!!Jacobs has almost twice as many carries but is'nt getting the big runs he got last year even against 4 NO WIN teams they've played.The giants use Jacobs to pound on teams before they bring in the elusive Bradshaw to get big gains.I just don't think anyone is gonna be stunned by Jacobs pounding except Jacobs.:DHayes will be waiting for him with the rest of the CARDINALS joining in on the pile to push him back.

O'hara is the best offensive lineman the giants have at center and he's got to face 3 different dudes fresh as a daisy this week.I don't think he can handle it.

If Coach Davis studies what coach Williams of the saints used in stunt formations with much less in linebackers than we have and I'll take our two defensive ends over theirs anyday too.We can get to eli.I'm not comparing apples to oranges like the poor seahags line.We have found something and its gonna continue to work.Dansby has'nt even turned it loose yet this season either.

If you think the giants steve smith 41 catches 12.8 a catch and Mario Manningham 24 for 16.3 a catch are better wide recievers than the two we played yesterday in Housh & Burleson then you are missing the boat.Hakeem Nicks has 12 catches for 19.6 yards a catch as a rookie and Boss the tightend has only 11 catches all season for 14.6 a catch.Now he's hurting too.

Depending on how many injuries the giants have this week it could really change the playing field.We ARE the REIGNING NFC CHAMPIONS and WE aren't a FLUKE!!

Hixon is averaging 32.9 yards a return on kickoffs.That is my MAIN battle cry for this week.Keep the giants to a very long field and we CAN& WILL BEAT THEM!!!

We surely won't be overconfident as our team did'nt even celebrate after yesterdays win.It always boosts our team to win at qwest field and then to go to giants stadium next will be a good thing since we play at Night and it won't be an early game.Should actually be perfect football weather.Kurts already got his gloves ready.

Greg Williams' defense beat the giants without any real talent at the lb position and that is one of our biggest area's of talent.The best saints lb missed the whole game.

I'm sure Coach Whiz will be continually adding plays to our offense divised to attack the giant defense at it weakest point.Right at them and over them.We will need to throw a fewer longer balls next week in my personal opinion due to the lack of defensive back coverage that Fitz is gonna get.I think he's bringing in everything he gets one on one.The season started out slow for Fitz but he's hitting his groove right now and I saw him reading lips go straight to Coach Whiz after one TD yesterday and he said"I'm wide open on every play"...:D

What wide reciever in his position does'nt always feel that way.I think we go to the Well next week.They don't have the horses to stop Fitzgerald and depending on Boldins ankle and if he is a decoy or if we put the fastest WR's we've got on the field.(See if anyone can find Early Doucet to join this party this year?)I don't see putting up 48 but it should be around 38 and the giants running game will stall out BIGTIME!!

Just so we can catch a long plane ride home and dream about DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart for dinner the next week in DA' Nest. Won't be no BLACK OUT except for the kittens.The panthers are the 29th passing team in the league.Yum Yum.

After playing bottom feeders for 5 weeks the giants built up a number 1 pass defense that gave up 23-30 for 369 yards.Sounds reminesent(sp?) of the superbowl when kurt threw for 377 against the #1 pass defense in the league but they had Polamalu and many more to make it much better and the giants had 0 sacks yesterday.

I'm all for bringing in an extra offensive lineman on Levi's side to help give Kurt that extra second he's gonna need and Highsmith and Beanie that extra guy to open a hole for him.Quit trying to pull someone on every running play.It is telegraphing where we are going.Plus our trap man is ending caught up in the wash and our rb gets nothing.

Hey we played a very good defensive line in Mebane,Kerney,Cole,Redding,tatupu,CURRY,Herring and Babineax has had a pro bowl season so far in tackles for a db.

We are no longer the last place team in rushing anymore we are now 31st and CLIMBING.We will continue using it to run clock the rest of the season.Lesson learned.

If McKenzie is out for the CARDINALS game we will see a 28th pick in the second round in Beatty from UConn replacing him.That could make the smell of blood in the water rise up again for the CARDINALS "D".:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05