If cards and Vikings finish 9-7 who gets in??

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
Do we have a chance if we finish 9-7?? I still think we can win the last 3 and I feel confident that Vikings will lose atleast one more. so who gets in if we both finish 9-7???

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Do we have a chance if we finish 9-7?? I still think we can win the last 3 and I feel confident that Vikings will lose atleast one more. so who gets in if we both finish 9-7???

Vikings have a better conference record and therefore would have the tie-breaker against us

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The Cards would win a three way tiebreaker if the Lions also finished at 9-7. Detroit owns the divisional advantage over Minnesota and we own head to head over Detroit.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be different if Detroit was also 9-7?

Yes. Then Detroit would have the tie-breaker over Minn (due to better division record) and the Cards would have the tie-breaker over Detroit (due to our win over them head-to-head)

Therefore the Cards get into the playoffs.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Those losses against the 9ers are becoming more painful each week.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
Yes. Then Detroit would have the tie-breaker over Minn (due to better division record) and the Cards would have the tie-breaker over Detroit (due to our win over them head-to-head)

Therefore the Cards get into the playoffs.

however, Minnesota still has Chicago at home, and Detroit has GB on the road.

if Minnesota wins that game, and Detroit loses, they'd both be 3-3 in the division, and with a better conference record for Minnesota, that 3 way tie would become irrelevant

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
however, Minnesota still has Chicago at home, and Detroit has GB on the road.

if Minnesota wins that game, and Detroit loses, they'd both be 3-3 in the division, and with a better conference record for Minnesota, that 3 way tie would become irrelevant

And, Detroit almost certainly wouldn't be tied with Minny in that case.

Minnesota is stepping up. You gotta hand it to them. Maybe they'll implode, but it's not looking too likely right now.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Detroit is done- their schedule is too tough with Chargers and Packers still on the schedule. We need the Vikings to lose two more if we want a shot. Maybe Chicago a division rival playing on Monday night can do it? I dont see the Skins beating them the following week and we can hope that the Broncos want play the spoiler the last week and finish strong?

Im just as disappointed and disgusted with today's game but in the end most of us would have signed for even 8-8 at the beginning of the season.