If Cards win 1 more game, their draft position could drop to #6 overall.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
i hate losing so much that i'd rather sacrifice a couple current losses for less in the future. it's called investing in the future.

That's a good way to put that :raccoon:

Sometimes you need to take 2 steps back to take 4 steps forward

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
first of all, if i'm a "top notch" free agent a 3-13 team and a 4-12 or 5-11 team make no difference to me. one or two wins at the end of the season ain't gonna erase the pure, unadulterated crap that was the rest of the season.

secondly, whew, it's been a long time since someone generalized about me on this board, glad the offseason is coming so that i can have more of it heaped upon me. i stand by what i say. always have. have you heard any doublespeak outta me? have you seen me talk out of both sides of my mouth? if so, i dare you to show me where and when and what EXACTLY i said. at the time of this draft i said, unequivocably, that i wanted leftwich if he fell to us. i liked the drafting of rice and wadsworth and despite the fact that rice ended up being an idiot (albeit a very talented idiot) and that wadsworth was ultimately a bust, i never blamed the cardinals for drafting those two. why would i change my spots now?

this is just another shot at the darksiders. when the organization has done some good i've complimented them (see the almost on time draft picks, the injury waiver, the resignings). when the organization does something i think is stupid (see the draft trade, the letting boston go w/o trying to get comp by tagging him, or going into the season w/o proven receivers) i berate them. thus far, i think my record about what i laud and what i ridicule has been fairly accurate. if you want to pick a fight, why don't you try to figure out the appropriate target? thanks for playing.

Now hold on there Mr. Clown. Looks like you are the one trying to start a fight. You conveniently forgot to mention that you have been rooting for losses for several weeks now, so saying "one or two losses won't matter to you" is rather misleading at this point. My concern is we already have credibilty problems with FA's. Adding the heaping pile of a very stinky 3-13 record certainly won't help.

But you will most likely get your wish Ouchie and we'll pick #1 or #2. And if we land McAlister or Kearse or one of the heavies in the offseason I'll confess that I was wrong and the Clown was right that a 3-13 record didn't matter. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong!

Didn't intend to accuse you personally of doublespeak. While apparently it won't be you, I can guarantee that there will be plenty of self proclaimed darksiders who will play the "Our pick obviously sucked, we should have picked (insert name here)" card after the fact if indeed our #1 pick lays an egg.

Now back off and give me a break Clown. :D

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
and, i never said "can't miss" so why the hell put it in quotes like i said it? niiiiiice misrepresentation boy.

and why don't you chronicle everything i say from now on so that you can TRY to pinpoint me in an inconsistency that i don't own up to . . . you'll be waiting a long time to show it . . . jackass.

You sir are out of line and you were reading my post out of context. I never quoted "can't miss" as something you said. I was just calling attention to the fact that for SEVERAL WEEKS you have been hoping that our team racks up the losses and performs like sh*t without worrying about any consequences. All for the services of a totally unproven guy. Therefore, I can only assume that you believe Manning and/or Big Ben are can't miss picks.

Thanks for the offer boy, but I'd rather poke my eyes out with a hot stick than waste my time chronicling everything that you say.

Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rivercard
But is it really??? The flaw in your argument is what top notch free agants want to sign with a 3-13 club?? Plus, there is no guarantee that Manning or Big Ben will be a savior.

And worst of all, if our "can't miss" hotshot QB doesn't work out, you'll be the first to bitch about drafting one of them and missing out on some hot shot pass rusher who was picked behind our guy.

Plenty of top-notch free agents took a look at Cincinatti. If we get a good head coach in here and a promising QB, I think there will be more interest in the team from FAs.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Re: Not To Worry

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
Just play Hill one-on-one with Moss the entire game and use Marmies brilliant "play 11 yards off of the receiver" defense and you can be assured of the second pick in the 2004 NFL draft.

Bingo!!! I am rooting for the Cards to win their final 2 games, but I am doubtful they will win out. The Seahag game should be a slaughter (Berman predicted 50-3 hags); biggest worry affecting our draft position will be which Viking team shows up (and which Card team shows up at home). Tossing McCown in the last few games certainly made this season more interesting. That being said, I hate the Vikings and Seahags, Go Big Red!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta won today - they now have four wins, so with a win, the worst we could do is 5th!

Originally posted by Holian
I crunched some numbers, and it is very possible that the Cards could end up with the 6th pick if they win 1 more game. As it stands right now the Cards have a tougher schedule (winning % of opponents) than the Chargers, Raiders, and Lions, and are basically tied with Jacksonville.

If the Chargers lose this week and then beat the Raiders, the Raiders lose both weeks, Jacksonville loses both weeks, Detroit loses both weeks, and Atlanta loses both games we will end up with the 6th pick.

If this scenerio plays out here is how the draft order would go:

1. Atlanta
2. San Diego
3. Detroit
4. Oakland
5. Jacksonville
6. Arizona

I have never rooted against the Cards, but I might the next two weeks.

On a more positive note, if the Cards lose both games and the Chargers beat the Raiders we will end up with the first pick regardless of what the Falcons do because the Falcons have a very strong schedule.

Picking 6th would most likely put us out of the running for Eli, Ben R., Larry Fitzgerald, and even Shaun Taylor. Yikes!!!

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
the cardinals need to win out. to keep what little dignity and pride they might have left. the game with the panthers is the first time showwed any sign of wanting to win. let start all the younger guys so veterans can see how the game is played. in these last two games the cardinals need to show the heart they played with last game. expect no less than a win againist seattle. play and acctually earn a paycheck.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Loyal Card 17
the cardinals need to win out. to keep what little dignity and pride they might have left. the game with the panthers is the first time showwed any sign of wanting to win. let start all the younger guys so veterans can see how the game is played. in these last two games the cardinals need to show the heart they played with last game. expect no less than a win againist seattle. play and acctually earn a paycheck.

Ifr you want to see the "heart" from the last game, start the same lineup...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Fricken play to win. That's all I care about. Lets send the Hawks packing. Draft pick? Who gives a crap? Lets win this game.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Draft pick? Who gives a crap?
That's the spirit! :)

I've always been particularly impressed with the Cardinals ability to not only develope their draft picks, but keep them from signing elsewhere. lol

C'mon guys...it would be REAL cool if the Cardinals would WIN, but it ain't gonna happen with Mr. B. It is what it is.

How many very high draft picks do you need to finally come to the conclusion that you really don't know what your doing Bidwill?