If Kurt fails?

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Which I hope he doesn't. I just don't see him lasting the rest of the season due to health reasons or the fact that he may not be the QB of the future. I assume Green is done with Josh leaving Navarre at the helm. I do feel like Warner gives us the best chance at getting us some wins though.

On a side note, I really miss Rolle, Hayes & Hodgkins.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While for fans and maybe even the coaches putting in the third stringer is tempting so we can see what the kid has, I don't think you can do that in the NFL at mid-season. It's giving up on your team, and that would cause the coach to lose credibility and possibly all control of the team.

Say what you want about Dennis Green's coaching, it's hard to argue that control is one thing he seems to have in spades. It may be the only thing he has going for him, so hopefully he can parlay it into wins next year.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
redheat said:
Which I hope he doesn't. I just don't see him lasting the rest of the season due to health reasons or the fact that he may not be the QB of the future. I assume Green is done with Josh leaving Navarre at the helm.

Redheat:

Kurt Warner starts the rest of the way until/unless he gets hurt again or the Cardinals get to double-digit losses, whichever comes first. If the Cards tumble to 4-10, Navarre will get a couple of chances to start and see what he can do in his second year with some first-team reps and game planning. He'll be playing to keep a roster spot in 2006.

McCown won't see the field again unless Warner is injured. I think he's done in Arizona.

WC

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if Warner makes it through November without getting injured. If so it seems very possible Navarre gets a chance. If so, it seems highly likely he will not play well behind our God awful line. If so, it seems highly likely McCown gets back on the field. The Cards aren't just going to let Navarre sit back their as we get blown away without a running game or O'line, throwing INT's etc. Even the worst NFL teams are going to try different things to acheive some level of success.

I hope my scenario of likely and possible things is just flat wrong and we are about to make a miraculous comeback. But from what I've seen we will be lucky to win 5 games. I see this team in the next 9 weeks in a position to play anyone that can move the offense at all.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Wild Card said:
Redheat:

McCown won't see the field again unless Warner is injured. I think he's done in Arizona.

WC

Sadly, here's to hoping. I've tried my hardest to like Josh, but if he hasn't "gotten" it yet when will he? I'm not talking about when the pocket collapses and he makes bonehead decisions, I'm talking about his apparent lack of NFL QB intelligence. I think we need to dump him and get someone who can be a smart, productive quarterback.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
If I'm Josh I absolutely fake injury and do not go in the rest of the year.

I'm serious about that, the amount of $ he will get in the offseason can only go down if he plays and loses.

Right now he was 2-2 with a team that may not win 2 more games all year.

However he did it, if it's him or not, his value is at it's peak right now and losing more games would only hurt him.

So if they call my name I break my non throwing hand and say ooops.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
If I'm Josh I absolutely fake injury and do not go in the rest of the year.

I'm serious about that, the amount of $ he will get in the offseason can only go down if he plays and loses.

Right now he was 2-2 with a team that may not win 2 more games all year.

However he did it, if it's him or not, his value is at it's peak right now and losing more games would only hurt him.

So if they call my name I break my non throwing hand and say ooops.

Yeah thats brilliant strategy! :rolleyes:

You dont think the players and coaches will know he is faking an injury for 8-9 weeks? puhleease

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Yeah thats brilliant strategy! :rolleyes:

You dont think the players and coaches will know he is faking an injury for 8-9 weeks? puhleease

Perhaps the better idea would be to call into question DG's parents marital status.

That should get him cut.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Perhaps the better idea would be to call into question DG's parents marital status.

That should get him cut.
:biglaugh:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
vince56 said:
If Kurt fails, we're doomed.

Doooooooooooooomed.

Proper Cardinal Karma dictates that we will play Kurt, he will lose, we will then play Navarre, he will lose.

Somewhere along the way, in a epic battle for the 1st draft pick it will come down to the final game.

Josh due to injury will be forced to start, will win it, spit on the field and drop a dookie on the 50 say smell that and sign somewhere else for lots of money.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Josh due to injury will be forced to start, will win it, spit on the field and drop a dookie on the 50 say smell that and sign somewhere else for lots of money.

Dude, I would love to see a player drop a deuce on the field in the final game in Sun Devil Stadium. Fitting end.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Dude, I would love to see a player drop a deuce on the field in the final game in Sun Devil Stadium. Fitting end.

Isn't that what they do every other Sunday?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

That should get him cut.

Nah, apparently an argument with the ST coach is enough. No sense bringing Dennys family into it.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Proper Cardinal Karma dictates that we will play Kurt, he will lose, we will then play Navarre, he will lose.

Somewhere along the way, in a epic battle for the 1st draft pick it will come down to the final game.

Now that would be well worth the price of admission! :biglaugh:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
redheat said:
Which I hope he doesn't. I just don't see him lasting the rest of the season due to health reasons or the fact that he may not be the QB of the future. I assume Green is done with Josh leaving Navarre at the helm. I do feel like Warner gives us the best chance at getting us some wins though.

On a side note, I really miss Rolle, Hayes & Hodgkins.

At the moment we need a QB for Sunday not the future. We do not seem to look to far into the future or we would have a young promising QB after all these years. At my age the future is now. I have been looking towards the future with the cards for over 60 years. It gets sort of old after a while but hey I am still here and kicking and keep thinking we will somehow make the playoffs some day. McCown, Warner, Lienhart, I really do not give a crap just win some dam games. I am sick of this and not going to take it anymore!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pariah said:
While for fans and maybe even the coaches putting in the third stringer is tempting so we can see what the kid has, I don't think you can do that in the NFL at mid-season. It's giving up on your team, and that would cause the coach to lose credibility and possibly all control of the team.

Say what you want about Dennis Green's coaching, it's hard to argue that control is one thing he seems to have in spades. It may be the only thing he has going for him, so hopefully he can parlay it into wins next year.

A pilot in a Raptor has complete control but he better know how to fly the plane else he will not be a pilot very long.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I'll be shocked if Warner makes it through November without getting injured. If so it seems very possible Navarre gets a chance. If so, it seems highly likely he will not play well behind our God awful line. If so, it seems highly likely McCown gets back on the field. The Cards aren't just going to let Navarre sit back their as we get blown away without a running game or O'line, throwing INT's etc. Even the worst NFL teams are going to try different things to acheive some level of success.

I hope my scenario of likely and possible things is just flat wrong and we are about to make a miraculous comeback. But from what I've seen we will be lucky to win 5 games. I see this team in the next 9 weeks in a position to play anyone that can move the offense at all.

Everyone seem sure Warner will get hurt. Is he some sort of ***** cat or what. Dam! He has been in the league for a few years and faced the toughest defenses there were and is still standing. Even the young guys at QB are going down so anyone can get hurt. He has brains enough to throw the ball away which Josh sometimes forgets to do. No! I do not think he could have withstood some of those hits Josh took last week but I do not think he would have got caught that expose that many times.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
john h said:
Everyone seem sure Warner will get hurt. Is he some sort of ***** cat or what. Dam! He has been in the league for a few years and faced the toughest defenses there were and is still standing. Even the young guys at QB are going down so anyone can get hurt. He has brains enough to throw the ball away which Josh sometimes forgets to do. No! I do not think he could have withstood some of those hits Josh took last week but I do not think he would have got caught that expose that many times.

1) Because he hasn't finished a 16 game season in 4 years
2) He was hurt when no one touched him
3) Defenses will blitz more when they come to the realization that our QB can't run
4) Our Oline still sucks