If the Suns are a 5th seed or lower, can they win in the postseason?

?

• yes

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • no

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I just wanted everybody’s opinion.

I think they can totally get to a championship this year, they have 3 Hall of Famers, and sooner than later they will find their defensive niche.

So I voted yes, plus Shaq tends to play extra hard in the postseason.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
they couldn't even win if they were in the east..

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The SUNS are an excellent playoff road team. As a matter of fact, i think they play softer at home. Seeding doesn't concern me as a fan. I think it's more important to be playing well heading in.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SUNS are an excellent playoff road team. As a matter of fact, i think they play softer at home. Seeding doesn't concern me as a fan. I think it's more important to be playing well heading in.

I agree with you. If the Suns make it to the playoffs then they should be able to upset someone.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
So I voted yes, plus Shaq tends to play extra hard in the postseason.

how's last year 4-0 sweep of the heat by the bulls refresh your memory?

in all honesty, nope. not even close. the suns are not going to win this year IMO.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
r we making the playoffs? if so watch out league :)

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
as long as we don't meet spurs or lakers in the first round, there's a fighting chance. jazz, rockets, dallas, on a 7 game series with plenty of time to prepare they're beatable. not sure about the hornets though. as good as they are, they're still a question mark as far as playoffs are concerned...

btw, the spurs are down by 10 against the nuggets in 8:42 mark (just saying)

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is a good chance (now) that the Suns will miss the playoffs... just.

Nuggets are hot at the moment and has a much favourable schedule. Warriors too.

Suns are in deep trouble...

The loss to Jazz, allowing them to score 120+ and 55% from the Field..

Its a joke right now... there really isnt any defense being played what so ever.

Might as well slow it down and play playoff style, since teams are out-running the Suns to beat them. How ironic.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Sure. If they win the first round on the road, who is to say that the second round will be? With as close as the teams are, the sixth seed could beat the third seed, or whatever, giving the Suns a home court advantage.

Of course, they would most likely have to play at least three of the series on the road. I think the winner is going to ultimately be the best team, whether they have home court or not.

doomsday

Reaction score
I find it ridiculous how Suns fans are so content with any playoff spot. Their defense isn't getting any better and the problem is D'Antoni is yet to admit how bad they are. False optimism will only make the team worse. His arrogance will always override reality.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Yes they can,they are capable of stealing away games and i think they will do their best to make fans forget the lousy team stats since Shaq trade.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I still think Phoenix is a dangerous team, capable of making some noise in the playoffs. If that's going to happen however, it needs to happen right now, and they need to go into the playoffs hot. The Suns aren't the kind of team that can just "flip the switch" once the playoffs start. They need to find the answer right now, but if they can, they'll be a team no one wants to face.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Provided they stay in the race and make the playoffs, which is not a given, they always have a chance. Look what the Colorado Rockies did last year in baseball--they played like crap all year until the last month of the year, got red hot and made the playoffs on the last day of the season and without home field advantage they still swept their way to the World Series.

I don't think seeding or home court advantage is as important in the NBA, especially this year in the Western Conference where all of the playoff teams are competitively close. If they actually figure this thing out and get hot at the right time heading into the playoffs, they can be a dangerous team.

The team that plays the best basketball in late April and May will win it, regardless of how well or poorly they played in March or earlier. Likewise, you can own the regular season and be gone in about a week. Just ask the Mavericks.

I'll be happy if the Suns just make the playoffs. I'll take my chances from there.

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
yes they can, but it's really more like anyone who's in can. i'm not even sure i can call it an upset when a lower seed beats a higher seed...

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
how's last year 4-0 sweep of the heat by the bulls refresh your memory?

in all honesty, nope. not even close. the suns are not going to win this year IMO.

By my guess, Shaq holds the record for being swept the most times.

With Orlando:
1994 Pacers 0-3
1995 Rockets 0-4
1996 Bulls 0-4

With L.A.:
1998 Jazz 0-4
1999 Spurs 0-4

With Miami:
2007 Bulls 0-4

To answer Andrews question: I'm not too concerned about the seeding. It's more about match-ups, I think.

At the current state, our Suns wouldn't stand a chance against any of the teams, but with some more time and given that we make the playoffs, I feel pretty confident against the red-hot Rockets and even Utah.

To win the title is a looooooooooooong shot, but yes - they can pull it off from 5th or 8th seed as well as from 1st seed.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns have things working against them. Age and fatigue. Bad chemistry. And they dont play (or perhaps they dont believe in) defense. Matter of fact they are now officially the worst defensive team in the NBA in the last 10 yrs. How much noise do you expect a team like that to make ? This is a problem that, if not corrected, could place Phoenix in the lottery or if they happen to make the postseason, conclude with an embarrassing first round kitchen broom instructional tutorial.

A lot will be revealed on how they play the game today vs Spurs. If they lose this game decisively (@ home) it just might destroy them mentally for the balance of the season.

Horse-[O-------O]-->Cart.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Home court won't matter in the West playoffs this year, so yeah, if the Suns make the playoffs at any spot they can win the title.