If We Trade????

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
IMO WE SHOULD ONLY CONSIDER A TRADE IS ELI /BEN ARE GONE, AND THEN I WOULD ONLT TRADE DOWN NO LOWER THAN 10TH.. WE SHOULD STILL GET A QUAILITY IMPACT PLAYER AND A PICK OR TWO EXTRA...

I VOTE FOR BEN IN THE DRAFT, BUT I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN IF WE GET MANNING.. I THINK THERE ARE A COUPLE OF PLAYERS THERE AT THREE, BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE EXTRA PICKS AND STILL GET A QUIALITY PLAYER..

GO CARD

BigRed

Cardinals for Life
Reaction score
I like the idea that Denny will take the best available first and then draft to fill positions.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I agree. I also would not mind trading up just to make sure we get Eli/Ben. I just think that we should do whatever is neccessary to get Eli or Ben. I like Josh McCown, and he did show that he has potential, but he also showed that he needs a lot of work reading defenses and getting rid of the ball as well as some pocket awareness. It seemed like every other play he either ran when he didn't need to or rushed a play when he had time. Josh has a good arm and very good running ability but his head is not right yet. And that's the biggest thing with any QB,understanding the game and being aware in the pocket and right now that is Josh's weakness.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snakester
I like Josh McCown, and he did show that he has potential, but he also showed that he needs a lot of work reading defenses and getting rid of the ball as well as some pocket awareness. It seemed like every other play he either ran when he didn't need to or rushed a play when he had time. Josh has a good arm and very good running ability but his head is not right yet. And that's the biggest thing with any QB,understanding the game and being aware in the pocket and right now that is Josh's weakness.

Agree. And the good thing is, Josh recognizes his deficiencies and is working hard on mechanics like not exposing the ball so much and risking a fumble. He said he was so stoked to play the last 3+ games. It did a lot for his progress and confidence, especially pulling out a miracle win on the last play of the season. He has the advantage over any draft choice we bring in simply for having gone out, thrown TDs and winning a game.

Myself, I would not be inclined to give up anything to guarantee getting Ben or Eli. I would agree to trading down to as low as #10 if the right offer were presented. Right now, I'm leaning towards a RB over a WR if we have to select at #3 and both of those guys are gone. Damn Garrison Hearst and Thomas Jones picks and we still don't have a dominant runner who can break off a long one occasionally.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redmark
Myself, I would not be inclined to give up anything to guarantee getting Ben or Eli. I would agree to trading down to as low as #10 if the right offer were presented. Right now, I'm leaning towards a RB over a WR if we have to select at #3 and both of those guys are gone. Damn Garrison Hearst and Thomas Jones picks and we still don't have a dominant runner who can break off a long one occasionally.

If we want a RB isn't there a lot to be said at looking at say a Corey Dillon who's actually gone out there and ran for TD's and won games by the same logic?

use the draft pick on Taylor or a WR, and try to make a trade for a guy like a Dillon.

Ironic that you mention Hearst, he may be a cap casualty himself although I seriously doubt he'd come here to play again.

danny l

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redmark? His head isn't right yet? Isn't that what the warden said to paul newman in " Cool Hand Luke" ? Maybe if we would get tough enough on Josh next training camp, He would get hisself right.:D

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe what you have here is a failure to communicate.