Igor Kokoskov seeking credibility

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
defenders of Sarver and Igor are in a small minority.
really only like 4 squeaky wheels here who aggressively try to silence criticism

if they don't work for Sarver, they should. make some coin for their efforts

There is literally three of you. Join the other two on my ignore list.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Get help. No grown man should think about someone else as much as you do Sarver."? Now you're hitting below the belt! But I'm laughing, "Caca Cabeza". :)

My career was in management. I oversaw anywhere from 40 to 110 personnel for decades. So it is natural for me to view the dismal ongoing status of the Suns from a management perspective.

Don't many of our posers reflect the priorities of their life's experiences in their posts? Which is a good thing.

Thinking as a management consultant, what have been the Suns major problems? Constant hiring and firing of cheap General Managers and Head Coaches. Unbalanced rosters, first one way then the other.

And, yes, a banker who evidently thinks that owning a team makes him a knowledgeable General Manager.

I respond to posts objectively. You attack the poster. AzCentral/AzRepublic reported today that "Suns oner Robert Sarver is not popular with fans." (Mark J. Rebilas/USA Today Sports). Should he "get help", too?

You're the one whose opinion supporting Sarver is in the minority. Please explain why you evidently give him good grades (category by category).

I'm not supporting Sarver. When he does something that deserves bashing I'll gladly heap blame on him with everyone else but when it comes to the issues with the team this season I'm not sure what Sarver did that causes him to get bashed repeatedly all season. What did he do this year? Did you think he should have kept McD? He fired him before the season started and that was seen as a good move for the most part. James Jones has taken over for McD and that wasn't a terrible move either because Jones hasn't made any panic moves, is well respected around the league, and seems to have a clear vision that he's working on. Of course Jones hasn't publicly told Sarver to piss off though and that's all you want to hear for a GM to be a good hire though, that is why you advocated for Barkley to become the GM previously. I know you said that Barkley may not be a good GM as far as team building but he'd shake things up and that would be a good thing in your opinion but when has that ever improved a sports team? So how am I backing Sarver? Calling you out for your contradictory rambling is not being in Sarver's corner. He's not the boogeyman that is conspiring against you. Sarver is not responsible for all that is wrong in the world, believe it or not.

Go ahead and twist this around and make some more juvenile comments about my username, I don't expect you to change. You're a broken record at this point. It's rich how you try to say attack the post and not the poster when this started because I was pointing out the contradictions in your post and instead of addressing that you avoided that entirely because you saw the word "poop" and couldn't keep to the topic being discussed. It's like you have trigger words that cause you to go off in a different direction if one is mentioned, ignoring the entire topic at hand. When someone says "Booker" you start in about how he's injured because he's playing PG or when someone says "Ayton" you start in about how he didn't play Center in college and he's learning still or when someone says "Igor" you start in how he was an assistant coach and that means he'll always be an assistant to you to because you're incapable of changing or updating your views on anyone. You still refer to Sarver as a San Diego banker despite him not owning any banks in San Diego for some time, you drone on about Ayton playing PF in college because that's the first you heard about him, you still talk about Colangelo making himself the team's head coach back in the 70's when you moved to Phoenix, you still refer to Hornacek as Cotton's paperboy because that's what Cotton said about Jeff as a rookie, I could go on and on. All of those things show that you can't change your views on anyone no matter how much they change, you're stuck with your first impression and that alone will forever keep you from viewing them differently. I know you won't change your tune about Igor because your mind has been made up but when you knock him for something at least be consistent and don't contradict your point in the same post like you did above. That's what this is all about.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Get help. No grown man should think about someone else as much as you do Sarver."? Now you're hitting below the belt! But I'm laughing, "Caca Cabeza". :)

My career was in management. I oversaw anywhere from 40 to 110 personnel for decades. So it is natural for me to view the dismal ongoing status of the Suns from a management perspective.

Don't many of our posers reflect the priorities of their life's experiences in their posts? Which is a good thing.

Thinking as a management consultant, what have been the Suns major problems? Constant hiring and firing of cheap General Managers and Head Coaches. Unbalanced rosters, first one way then the other.

And, yes, a banker who evidently thinks that owning a team makes him a knowledgeable General Manager.

I respond to posts objectively. You attack the poster. AzCentral/AzRepublic reported today that "Suns oner Robert Sarver is not popular with fans." (Mark J. Rebilas/USA Today Sports). Should he "get help", too?

You're the one whose opinion supporting Sarver is in the minority. Please explain why you evidently give him good grades (category by category).

I'll also add, if you think you're so qualified to judge how the Suns are ran then don't back down from the question next time you're asked how you would build a winner, specifically. I know you like backing out saying it's not your job, it's that of the GM's or Sarver's but if you're qualified to say they're horribly mismanaged then surely you could offer up specifics when asked then. You refuse to actually put yourself out there though. It's easy to throw stones from your glass house when you're only looking back on moves that were made rather than suggesting a path they could go to build a winner but everyone else does it here, it's really not that difficult to do. Instead you choose to play nothing but monday morning quarterback and call out others for the mistakes that were made despite the fact that you can only call them mistakes once the writing is on the wall because you can't actually form an opinion on something yourself and put it out there before hand.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I left sarcasm behind (gladly) when I left New Jersey behind (gladly) for the Valley of the Sun over 40 years ago. But I'll make an exception.

Yeah, you're right Everything has been fine under the current owners and the staffs they've been repeatedly turning over. :shrug:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i also (gladly) left sarcasm behind when i left NYC 38 years ago. but...

yes, everything's fine. in a couple of years the new Arena will motivate our players and attract the best free agents and our coach will have even more than 18 years of experience behind him

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
For the record, guys, the Sarver group of investors paid $218,000,000 for the Suns in 2004. That's $218 million. Sarver's 30% investment came to $65,400,000.

The current value of the Suns is .................................. $1,280,000,000 That's one-billion-280-million. ................... Sarver's value is ............................. $384 million.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/phoenix-suns/

PH's demand is that I make the decisions that the Suns should be taking to un-do the damage they've caused. My point is that Sarver keeps hiring bargain basement General Managers and Head Coaches and PH wants fans to make their decisions instead. That is ludicrous!

OK, here is my decision. (1) Hire an experienced permanent General Manager who is strong enough to stand up to the owners and get them to part with their millions (over a billion combined) professionally. If he doesn't have the wherewithal to do that, hire a consultant to do it for them.

(2) Then the permanent GM will hire a Head Coach with that experience at the NBA level. If a new GM hires a new Head Coach, it will have more credibility than the current owners doing it.

And they, not you nor I, PH, will make the financial and professional decisions to once and for all lift the Suns out of the cellar and, hopefully, gain back respect throughout the league and the country for our team. Some extra millions, out of their billion, needs to be spent. And the Managing Partner needs to keep his threats to move the team to himself and stop offending loyal Suns fans.

I've never owned a million dollars, even in Monopoly money. But the owners do. It is time for them to stop pocketing as much of it as they can and spend for pro's to manage the Suns.

Managing General Partner is spokesman of the owners. If he weren't so selfish and egotistical, he'd let pro's manage the basketball operations. Building maintenance, marketing ... fans couldn't care less who manages them.

If anyone disagrees with what I've just posted, I appreciate your counter-suggestions. Thanks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
i also (gladly) left sarcasm behind when i left NYC 38 years ago. but...

yes, everything's fine. in a couple of years the new Arena will motivate our players and attract the best free agents and our coach will have even more than 18 years of experience behind him
Igor's 18 years of experience weren't in leadership positions in the NBA. As the guy on the hot seat, communications (with the players, Press and public) become one of the top priorities.

Sadly, Igor's personality doesn't match the requirements. Hearing 3-4 times a week all season long, "We've got to do (this).", "We've got to do (that)." is wearing thin.

It is a wish list! Waiting for Santa Claus isn't going to make the Suns a better team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team meeting before the Lakers game did not produce the results wanted:

LOS ANGELES — The “long showers” after Friday night’s 37-point loss at Denver didn’t lead to a better start or better overall play from the Phoenix Suns on Sunday.

With team owner Robert Sarver in the stands, the Suns trailed by double figures less than five minutes into their 116-102 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers before a sellout crowd of 18,997 fans at Staples Center.

“I just thought we’d be better collectively, and I think at times we were, but most of the time we weren’t,” said Suns star guard Devin Booker, who scored a team-high 21 points. “That’s it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We have to come out and start the game better,” said Richaun Holmes, who posted a double-double of 12 points and 10 rebounds in his return after missing four games with a right foot sprain. “It's something that's been going on this season for a while now. We've got to figure out a way to throw the first punch."

The Lakers led by as many as 17 in the second quarter as they scored 52 of the 70 total points in the paint in the first half.

“There was no resistance, no presence,” Kokoskov said. “That’s how we started the game.”

Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic Published 10:22 p.m. MT Jan. 27, 2019 | Updated 8:52 a.m. MT Jan. 28, 2019

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...loppy-game-suns-8th-straight-loss/2698371002/

Personally I have a concern the team is beginning to tune out the coaching. Perhapss it is not coach's fault because there have been a lot injuries and the Suns front office has failed to find at least a temporary fix at point guard.

It could be the Suns bigger problems start with the Suns failure to fill the GM position.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It could be the Suns bigger problems start with the Suns failure to fill the GM position.

Is it a failure, or it is Sarver's success in being the de-facto GM with inexperienced underlings doing the legwork? And be his scapegoats when he blunders.

Isn't that what has been happening with his GM's and Head Coaches?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a failure, or it is Sarver's success in being the de-facto GM with inexperienced underlings doing the legwork? And be his scapegoats when he blunders.

Isn't that what has been happening with his GM's and Head Coaches?

I would not argue against this at all. The unfortunate thing is we cannot replace the owner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser