I'm a dork, homer...

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No need no stankin trades, folks stick up for Fropez but willin to wheel and deal? Carter, who knows, but if we make the playoffs, he will probably bring his A game. Frye seems to love his new roll, Gortat is acting like he has found a home. Nash and the trade talk should probably chill for now, he is still the same bad ass. Grant Hill wants this, this year, and can bring the lock down defense, clutch shots, and everything else that goes unmentioned about his game.

Hard to do paragraphs in this kool-aid rant but I found the time.:) Dudley is waiting for prime time, with the attention the other "bright" Suns are getting, his game will open up too. LOLopez will be crucial for our playoffs, he is playing more "freely" and I love it.

I got mad love for the rest of our team, but I feel like I am going on...

But what about them stankin Lakers and we all hate the Spurs right? Well if you ask me, both of those teams are the bomb right now, but if they lose anyone of their 3 pieces, the West is wide open.

Last edited:

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I like your attitude towards things but this is very very tough

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the games have to be played on the basketball court.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brooks and ZD only fuel my fire. Gorat coming here, Frye chugging man juice, Warrick realizing he is a bad ass, and Lopez is doing more than his hair. The team is really playing together, there will be bad games but our new identity is one that I am proud of.

Brooks, if your listening... do what Nash does. Make your team better and folks will notice. We need some one like that, you have a good place here to shine.

Jonah

Reaction score
A look at Suns from statistical perspective:

Using WS/48 [win shares per 48 min - data from basketballreference]
league average is apx 0.100

Nash .190
Gortat .155
Warrick .133
Hill .108
Dudley .107
Lopez .091
Frye .090
Carter .074
Childress .068
Siler .062
Pietrus .038
Dowdell .008
Dragic -.008
Barron -.103

from Rockets - Brooks .014

Using Wp [wins produced - data through 02.14 from arturo galletti's site]

Nash 11.2
Dudley 3.8
Hill 3.8
Gortat 3.0
Carter 1.4
Childress 1.3
Warrick 1.3
Siler -0.1
Dowdell - 0.2
Frye -0.3
Pietrus -0.3
Dragic -1.0
Lopez -1.0
Barron -1.3

from Rockets - Brooks -1.3

Quick thoughts:

1) Nash is great, Suns future without him looks like a black hole,
2) Frye is below average player [using WP he's terrible], although now he is playing much better than at the begining of the season,
3) Gortat is a nice upgrade, in fact he's one of only 4-5 Suns players above league average
4) Dragic-Brooks swap won't help this team much, in fact if Brooks will take over pg job for next few years Suns are in trouble

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Frye does so poorly in that analysis. But the main conclusion, which is that the Suns are awful without Nash, is certainly correct.

What were Brooks's numbers like last season?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Frye does so poorly in that analysis. But the main conclusion, which is that the Suns are awful without Nash, is certainly correct.

I'm not. Frye really struggled early in the season although you could already see he was working on his defense. I don't remember how long it lasted but it seemed like he couldn't hit an outside shot until around the time Hedo was traded. I'd be curious to see how he fares in this type of analysis over the past 4 to 6 weeks.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not. Frye really struggled early in the season although you could already see he was working on his defense. I don't remember how long it lasted but it seemed like he couldn't hit an outside shot until around the time Hedo was traded. I'd be curious to see how he fares in this type of analysis over the past 4 to 6 weeks.

Steve

Until he was in the starting lineup, he was borderline useless.

Jonah

Reaction score

A. Brooks
---------WS/48-------WP/48
07/08 ---- 0.112 ---- 0.034
08/09 ---- 0.086 --- -0.012
09/10 ---- 0.091 ----- 0.034

Best year as a rookie. Lets see what he can do tonight.

Ch. Frye
---------WS/48-------WP/48
07/08 ---- 0.114 ---- 0.084 ---- 17.2 mpg in POR
08/09 ---- 0.054 ---- -0.146 ---- 11.8 mpg in POR
09/10 ---- 0.141 ----- 0.029 ----- 27 mpg PHO

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see how he fares in this type of analysis over the past 4 to 6 weeks.
That is a good point. With major roster changes to start the season, then another during the season, any Suns stats reflecting the entire '10-'11 season are rather meaningless.

Our improvement in defense, adding a strong rebounder/P&R player, the new chemistry and return to a 10-man rotation have made us a completely different team, as our recent winning streak shows.

elindholm said:
But the main conclusion, which is that the Suns are awful without Nash, is certainly correct.
You are so right. His quarterbacking the team, along with his stepping up his defense, are keys to our success.

But I am concerned with Steve's recent bad shooting. Perhaps the best pure shooter in the league hasn't looked so pure lately. I wonder why.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Deserdawg and the Homer in me have discussed this thoroughly, and the Homer has definitely convinced the dawg that this crazy team is for real. Back to back is hard, back to back on the road is harder, back to back on the road and wining both games in overtime is something worth talking about.

Planet orange is on fire! We got defensive guys, we got scorers, we got all arounders, vets, and clutch shooters. We can run with anybody, fools better recognise! :D

Attachments

• iADESERTDAWGmages.jpeg
    iADESERTDAWGmages.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 54