I'm giddy....SHAQ IS PISSED.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
"I just wanted to play aggressive, but the floppers prevailed today. Amare and myself are going to continue to play aggressive," O'Neal said of his foul trouble. "Hopefully those guys will compete rather than just fall down."

"They know we let them have one," O'Neal said. "All we need is one in this building."

FACT: You have to have followed Shaq his entire career to read between the lines and know what he truly meant. Game 2, when Shaq fouls, he will foul HARD, not hard enough for a flagrant, but to send a message. Shaq might even "fall" a few times to see how they like it.

FACT: When Shaquille O'Neal is pissed, he dominates the next game. He will defend Duncan so much better and will be a major factor the next game.

FACT: I am giddy over here because there is nothing better to see in basketball than a pissed off Shaq clearly on a mission to get a win...especially with his 5th championship in his sights.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
HAHAHAAHAHAA!!! Oneal is classic. If Shaq falls a) the ref wont call a foul because he isn't Kurt Thomas or Tim Ducan b) he will probably trip the guy with his gigantic feet and the player will most likely flop.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You could see in the 4th quarter that he was pissed. Shaq did a great job in 2nd half. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

I can't wait till Tuesday.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i managed to watch the post game player interviews.

i like how shaq called them out as floppers.

local az news channels say bell was mad at himself for letting giflopli get the game winning shot.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Funny that Shaq would make a comment about someone flopping when his own point guard plays defense on his back and looks for a zebra to bail him out.

Shaq, look around before you start making comments.

And make some damn free throws...........take some responsibility for your own ineptitudes. Its always somebody else's fault, with Shaq.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously, if Shaq could "make a ft when it counts" we never go to OT. I love the Big Fella to death, but I'm not a fan of calling the other team out when your own team clearly blew their own opportunities to win.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Funny that Shaq would make a comment about someone flopping when his own point guard plays defense on his back and looks for a zebra to bail him out.

Shaq, look around before you start making comments.

And make some damn free throws...........take some responsibility for your own ineptitudes. Its always somebody else's fault, with Shaq.

funnier that that would get you mad.. prob. because its true..

Ode to Ocho

Registered
Reaction score
Whats Shaq going to do? Foul out again? Brick more free throws? Play even worse defense?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats Shaq going to do? Foul out again? Brick more free throws? Play even worse defense?

Obviously you have not watched him his entire career. He always plays better pissed. Having said that he had better. Better then that D'Antoni better coach better. If we go gown 0-2, this series is over.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this is typical shaq. you know people say duncan whines a lot which is true. but shaq is the biggest mouth in the nba. he is arrogant and talks himself up when his team is up......and does this when his team is down. shame on him and is the reason why he is my least favorite star player in the nba. I understand his frustration of not being able to stay on the court in the first half, but he was on the court when the game was on the line and did little to lead his team to victory at either end of the court. what a crybaby.

Last edited:

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
I think the coaches will look at what happened, and come up with a way for Shaq to stay out of the foul trouble he got in. I've seen Shaq with a point to prove before, and I'm looking forward to him prevailing against the floppers.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Obviously you're delusional if you think that.

This isn't the year 2000. Shaq is an out of shape 36 year old who still can't hit a free throw. Even in his prime he struggled guarding the pick the roll. Now? Automatic 2 points.

How exactly is Shaq out of shape?

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
This isn't the year 2000. Shaq is an out of shape 36 year old who still can't hit a free throw. Even in his prime he struggled guarding the pick the roll. Now? Automatic 2 points.

This is true, unfortunately. I really wonder what Shaq will be able to do even when being angry.

I followed the mid-90s Magic as well as the Lakers in Shaq's prime, and what I feared in that Laker's team was Shaq on the low block.

He was able to overpower his opponents with hard moves to the hoop and would rarely be whistled with the offensive foul.

This changed drastically. He's not as athletic anymore to blow past opponents (i.e. spin-move and dunk).
He can't back opponents down without getting the offensive foul.

So if he will come out "pissed" in game 2, I'd only expect him to get into foul trouble again.

Of course I hope to be wrong and certainly wouldn't mind a hard foul (preferably on Dirty or Floppi) or even a dominating Shaq.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I still can't see how a team that shot more FT's and and had less fouls whistled on them can blame the officiating. This entire organization needs to take a freaking look in the mirror starting with Mike D'Antoni. I can't help but think the losing culture the Suns have in which no responsibility is ever assumed starts with him.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Disappointing to see Shaq take that stance. If Shaq wants to talk, maybe he should talk about how his performance let his team down, and less about how the Spurs "flop." When Shaq does his job and plays like a $20million a year center, then maybe someone will take him more seriously.

"Anyone that's followed Shaq his entire career" should miss the days when Shaq used to let his game do the talking. Simply put, if he doesn't play better on Tuesday, it's going to be over. He needs to shut his big mouth and play some basketball before his team gets in a hole they can't get out of.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Disappointing to see Shaq take that stance. If Shaq wants to talk, maybe he should talk about how his performance let his team down, and less about how the Spurs "flop." When Shaq does his job and plays like a $20million a year center, then maybe someone will take him more seriously.

"Anyone that's followed Shaq his entire career" should miss the days when Shaq used to let his game do the talking. Simply put, if he doesn't play better on Tuesday, it's going to be over. He needs to shut his big mouth and play some basketball before his team gets in a hole they can't get out of.

It's vintage Shaq. When alls going well.... the humorous comments and fun loving shaq is out. When he fails or the team does.... the excuses fly. With the lakers, he directed them at Kobe. Now with the suns, and being the new guy fitting in and professing to just be the help guy rather than the go to guy, he's not going to diss on the teamates, just like his first year in Miami. Next year you will see the real Shaq throwing his teamates under the buss as he did in orlando, LA, and Miami. This year he is content adopting the perenial Suns "refs always kill us" attitude and comments.

You watch! It will happen!!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05