I'm listening to...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Marco Polo on Netflix had some of this throat singing in it! It was not this modern, but it was very cool!

Edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Marco Polo on Netflix had some of this throat singing in it! It was not this modern, but it was very cool!

Edited:

The Hu is pretty amazing, heavy metal with the Mongolian throat singing. There's another song called "Black Thunder" that is really good too and the video is in two parts about a big battle, that is like watching Braveheart. Seriously.

They do another shorter version of Black Thunder, but with an American singer and it's not nearly as good as the one that's just them.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Hu is pretty amazing, heavy metal with the Mongolian throat singing. There's another song called "Black Thunder" that is really good too and the video is in two parts about a big battle, that is like watching Braveheart. Seriously.

They do another shorter version of Black Thunder, but with an American singer and it's not nearly as good as the one that's just them.
That was epic!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This song was recorded in a single take.

U2 - Moment Of Surrender | lyrics

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
I remember reading Keith Richards’ biography and he was always amazed at Mick’s harp playing. He said that Mick played the harmonica with such soul. So he asked Mick why can’t he sing with that authenticity like he does playing the harp. Mick did not take that well. Lol

It’s a great song and I love Howlin Wolf

Reaction score
I remember reading Keith Richards’ biography and he was always amazed at Mick’s harp playing. He said that Mick played the harmonica with such soul. So he asked Mick why can’t he sing with that authenticity like he does playing the harp. Mick did not take that well. Lol

It’s a great song and I love Howlin Wolf
You can definitely tell where Mick was influenced by the harmonica. He is so good at it just like Howlin Wolf.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
New era with Linkin Park reforming with a female lead singer…. RIP Chester

Full stream

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Band from my childhood. like most, I became aware of them in 1989 when they were all over MTV. But as I got older I discovered their older music and am a fan of Ricky Wilson's unique guitar riffs and sounds. He was a big Joni Mitchell disciple and used alternate tunings on the guitar to get some groovy sounds and beats that drove the band. and he did not use a traditional bass in the band.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Band from my childhood. like most, I became aware of them in 1989 when they were all over MTV. But as I got older I discovered their older music and am a fan of Ricky Wilson's unique guitar riffs and sounds. He was a big Joni Mitchell disciple and used alternate tunings on the guitar to get some groovy sounds and beats that drove the band. and he did not use a traditional bass in the band.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was recently studying some Christopher Cross and he was another Joni "disciple." He got into exploring the different tunings too. Sailing is in open D and it's just beautiful. Alternate tunings are a big interest to me lately as they afford the guitar a brand new vibe and character. Not too friendly for taking the show on the road though, unless you can afford a bunch of roadies to haul all the guitars around for you and keep them in tune!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

B-52's were one of my high-school and college era bands!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky