im still not even worried

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
i dunno if i just have some crazy pipe dreams but for some reason i know where gonna pull out this series.. nash is the best mofuggin player in the league..

lets ride SUNS..

HOOOORAHHH

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns just need to think that winning 1 or both games in San Antonio was BONUS.... they need to start the series NOW... game 3 and 4.. then steal Game 5...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have been more worried if we would have lost by 2 points again. At least now the Suns can look at themselves and find adjustments to make. If they would have lost another heartbreaker, the series would have been over.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Having Parker and Ginobili score that much on easy layups... is also another HUGE factor.

I thought Nash was "bad" defending Parker... but Barbosa has proved me wrong.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
I'm only worried about the refs not giving us a fair game. If they do, I have no doubt that the Suns will finish the series in no time at all.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Refs were fine for both games.... well Game 2 was definitely a good sample of a "decently officiated" game... rare as they may be.

Unless your mocking Suns fans in general by complaining about refs.... in that case... not that funny..

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't see them winning 4 out of 5. Even if they win all 3 home games, they still have to go to SA for game 7.

I wouldn't be worried if Hill wasn't hurt and if Barbosa wasn't in such a terrible slump.

I don't know, I just don't see it happening.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
They gotta put two complete halves together. 11-13 pt quarters are not gonna cut it. Phoenix HAS to score consistently. The Spurs dont, because theyve shown the ability to string together a nice stint of defensive stops. If they lose Friday in much the same manner, they'll fold like quality perforated paper towels. Strong out of the gate is fine and all, but you gotta close the deal. STRONG. If im a Suns fan i get worried if those guys expend too much emotional energy and fire in the opening quarter. Its almost as if you wonder if the Spurs are thinking theyve got em just where they want em.

nowagimp

Reaction score
i dunno if i just have some crazy pipe dreams but for some reason i know where gonna pull out this series.. nash is the best mofuggin player in the league..

lets ride SUNS..

HOOOORAHHH

I am not worried, it is what it is. Both Hill and Bell look terrible, like they have bad wheels. Could it be that the ankle sprain(bell), and groin strain(Hill) never recovered? Both are now big offensive liabilities, and mediocre on defense. The suns couldnt even guard finley, what more proof do you need? Finley is a stiff, and yet they couldnt guard him. With Bell and Hill on bad wheels, the suns couldnt beat denver, let alone the lakers or hornets or jazz. If it was just a chemistry issue, it might rectify itself, but bad wheels on the wings in the NBA playoffs are fatal. Kobe would have scored 50 on those guys last night. Add in barbosas terrible defense and you have a bad defensive team at the guard/SF spots. The suns cant afford to have barbosa on the floor if he is not going to score, he's a huge defensive liability. Ironically, for the suns to have a chance in this series LB must go on a tear along with Diaw and GG(not much chance of that). Once again it appears that the suns have some injury issues. Not that the absence of those injures would mean a title, thats certainly not obvious to me. Funny how the supposedly "great" western conference playoffs are turning out to be so uncompetitive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not worried, it is what it is. Both Hill and Bell look terrible, like they have bad wheels. Could it be that the ankle sprain(bell), and groin strain(Hill) never recovered? Both are now big offensive liabilities, and mediocre on defense. The suns couldnt even guard finley, what more proof do you need? Finley is a stiff, and yet they couldnt guard him. With Bell and Hill on bad wheels, the suns couldnt beat denver, let alone the lakers or hornets or jazz. If it was just a chemistry issue, it might rectify itself, but bad wheels on the wings in the NBA playoffs are fatal. Kobe would have scored 50 on those guys last night. Add in barbosas terrible defense and you have a bad defensive team at the guard/SF spots. The suns cant afford to have barbosa on the floor if he is not going to score, he's a huge defensive liability. Ironically, for the suns to have a chance in this series LB must go on a tear along with Diaw and GG(not much chance of that). Once again it appears that the suns have some injury issues. Not that the absence of those injures would mean a title, thats certainly not obvious to me. Funny how the supposedly "great" western conference playoffs are turning out to be so uncompetitive.

I've seen you bring up Bell's "bad wheel" in multiple threads and just don't get it. He injured it weeks ago and no one was saying anything about how he looked two weeks ago when we kicked the crap out of the spurs. Dude's just old and slow.

and anyone who couldn't see that depending on Grant Hill down the stretch if we were gonna run his ass into the ground from a mile away was just playing the role of ostrich.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grant Hills' ass as you put it Cheese hasn't been run into the ground, he has a groin injury that can happen to anyone. He's not tired he's freaking injured geesh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant Hills' ass as you put it Cheese hasn't been run into the ground, he has a groin injury that can happen to anyone. He's not tired he's freaking injured geesh.

old brittle men's bodies break down when pushed to hard.

nowagimp

Reaction score
I've seen you bring up Bell's "bad wheel" in multiple threads and just don't get it. He injured it weeks ago and no one was saying anything about how he looked two weeks ago when we kicked the crap out of the spurs. Dude's just old and slow.

and anyone who couldn't see that depending on Grant Hill down the stretch if we were gonna run his ass into the ground from a mile away was just playing the role of ostrich.

Yeah bells just old(31), and Finley(35) is young and can out hustle him. Sorry cheese, we just dont see players the same way. I watch how they move in a different way perhaps. Raja was moving very well, was tough against monta ellis(much faster than manu) right before the injury. Then, he couldnt guard anyone but an injured manu. I also see grant hill moving very poorly. the warriors game grant was just flying, quick, fast, looking very good. then the groin strain and he doesnt even go to the rack anymore. He cant get by finley, a stiff. Nah, I dont see what you see, injuries are huge in the NBA. When parker had that ankle problem it took a LONG time for him to recover his speed, but he's back now. He sat out a bunch of games and was only parker quick after 10 games back. I understand suns fans have seen so much injury they cant accept that it takes time to recover, just cant accept it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, anything can happen I guess.

But, I think those two games went about as bad as they could've. I'd prefer that we got ran out of the gym twice in 30 point blowouts instead of building nice leads and then losing it. Let's say we're up by 18 points in the second quarter on Friday. The Spurs will be believing they can win, and we'll be believing they can too. Not good.

The thing that bothered me the most last night was how we started the second half. I thought it was obvious the Spurs looked hungrier to win that game than we did. I do NOT get that at all. We should have the edge when it comes to motivation.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
I'm not worried. I'm beyond that after watching that pathetic performance in the 3rd. Unless they show a little fire and emotion, screw em. Not worth getting my day upset anymore.

- Pops is and has the best coaching staff in the NBA, and all of sports (next to Belichek). To do what he does year in and year out is amazing. He's absolutely owned Mike D.

- If I'm Mike D, I'd be re-evaluating my plan ASAP. For chrissakes, you better do something. Going zone was a good move, but where the hell was the zone in the 2nd half? If you can't slow down or even stop the PG or SG, you better do something. The zone was working, because it got SA off-balance... and forced a few misses.

I would try and get in Duncan's head a little. Bring Skinner in and foul his ass hard a few times. Hack-a-Duncan. Make him hit some FT's. At least it would keep Parker and Manu from doing their thing for a few possessions. Pops would and has tried the same thing... and it's worked.

- What the hell was that with Nash in the 3rd? He should be friggin embarrassed the way he played on both ends of the court. It's his job to get the other guys going, no running into them. Game 2 grade: FAIL. Show a little friggin emotion... it's apparent the lack therof has rubbed off on his teammates.

- Raja was brought in to be the Manu-stopper? Grade: FAIL. Show a little nads and make them play you on D for once. Take the ball to the hole and finish strong for once in your life.

- Grant Hill? Guarding Bruce Bowen? Tough assignment. I have no idea why he even suited up. He did jack. If you're hurt, and can't contribute... then sit. This is playoff ball, something you're not accustomed to playing at a high level.

- Barbosa. Still think he's ready to go off. He should start ahead of Hill on Friday. At least we'd have 5 options (instead of 4) on the floor to begin the game.

- Less dependance on Shaq. Let Shaq feed off the occassional mismatch. Don't force feed him down low all the time. Especially with Duncan in the game.

- Despite the suck Game 2, PHX has the ability to even it up this weekend. All SA has done is hold home court, even with the way these 2 games were won. With the momentum, all the pressure is back on SA next Tuesday That being said, if PHX doesn't win both this weekend... good bye... enjoy the summer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah bells just old(31), and Finley(35) is young and can out hustle him. Sorry cheese, we just dont see players the same way. I watch how they move in a different way perhaps. Raja was moving very well, was tough against monta ellis(much faster than manu) right before the injury. Then, he couldnt guard anyone but an injured manu. I also see grant hill moving very poorly. the warriors game grant was just flying, quick, fast, looking very good. then the groin strain and he doesnt even go to the rack anymore. He cant get by finley, a stiff. Nah, I dont see what you see, injuries are huge in the NBA. When parker had that ankle problem it took a LONG time for him to recover his speed, but he's back now. He sat out a bunch of games and was only parker quick after 10 games back. I understand suns fans have seen so much injury they cant accept that it takes time to recover, just cant accept it.

You mean time to recover like Manu? Oh yeah, he recovered because THE SPURS GIVE THEIR GUYS TIME TO RECOVER and they don't kill them with minutes. There's a reason the Spurs are always fresher than us - they know you don't kill yourself in the regular season. If you've got an injury, you sit longer than you need to. If you're old, you don't play a lot of minutes (Finley). Funny that they're always healthy as opposed to our guys (JJ excluded) who's body's continually break down at the end of the season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You mean time to recover like Manu? Oh yeah, he recovered because THE SPURS GIVE THEIR GUYS TIME TO RECOVER and they don't kill them with minutes. There's a reason the Spurs are always fresher than us - they know you don't kill yourself in the regular season. If you've got an injury, you sit longer than you need to. If you're old, you don't play a lot of minutes (Finley). Funny that they're always healthy as opposed to our guys (JJ excluded) who's body's continually break down at the end of the season.

We played 8 guys last night (7 if you don't count the useless Grant Hill). The spurs played 11 guys and they do this all season long...
We don't have 11 guys who can even come close to providing the sort of quality minutes the Spurs get out of their 11... It's a total and complete mismatch...
And, when they have Thomas, Duncan and Bowen on the floor at the same time, the Suns have NO answer whatsoever... Those 3 are somehow able to totally shutdown our entire offense... it's sickening...

GYDevil

Veteran
Reaction score
Let me give some of you optimists a dose or reality. The Spurs have now won 6 out of the 8 playoff games these two teams have played in the last 2 years. I believe that the Spurs are 4-1 at home and 2-1 on the road during that time. If you go back to 2005 it gets even worse with them winning 10 out of 13. Now you think that the Suns are going to win 4 out of 5? What is that based on? Because they won a few meaningless regular season games? The Spurs own us and probably find it amusing that we keep on losing to them but keep insisting that we are the most talented team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me give some of you optimists a dose or reality. The Spurs have now won 6 out of the 8 playoff games these two teams have played in the last 2 years. I believe that the Spurs are 4-1 at home and 2-1 on the road during that time. If you go back to 2005 it gets even worse with them winning 10 out of 13. Now you think that the Suns are going to win 4 out of 5? What is that based on? Because they won a few meaningless regular season games? The Spurs own us and probably find it amusing that we keep on losing to them but keep insisting that we are the most talented team.

we sound like the Patrick Ewing Knicks saying the same BS when they'd continually lose to the Bulls.

I hated losing with Barkley but at least when we'd completely blow a series against Houston (as opposed to getting outclasses like we do against SA), he would man up and not give the ridiculous lip-service we do. Flat out, he'd say they were the better team.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The Suns can't stop the spurs from getting any open shot they want, it's not like the spurs are winning on fluke jumpers alone, they are pretty much able to get a high percentage shot each time down the court, the Suns have to shoot 60% to win and count on guys like Barbosa to "go off". Sorry this series is over the run is over.

strike19

Reaction score
I think the Suns have a shot at tying the series and going back to San Antonio at 2-2. But they have to play a full game instead of 1 good half. Both games, the Suns had early double digit leads and ended up losing both. Game 1, I will admit was a lucky shot by Duncan. But your Suns were flat outplayed in the 2nd half of game 2. If you want your team to have a shot, you better hope they make some adjustments.

With that, I commend those of you who refuse to give up on your team.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think the Suns have a shot at tying the series and going back to San Antonio at 2-2. But they have to play a full game instead of 1 good half. Both games, the Suns had early double digit leads and ended up losing both. Game 1, I will admit was a lucky shot by Duncan. But your Suns were flat outplayed in the 2nd half of game 2. If you want your team to have a shot, you better hope they make some adjustments.

With that, I commend those of you who refuse to give up on your team.

Give up? no I would cheer on the suns even if they lost 60 games a year, but this series is over just the way I see it.