I'm tired of people saying Leinart made "rookie mistakes"

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes he made a couple mistakes but he had almost no running game. Some of you are acting like qb's who have been the league for a few years don't make mistakes. Two touchdowns, really should have been three and one interception is not bad, especially without a running game.

Right now Leinart might even be in my top 10 qb's that's not bad when almost all 32 qb's playing right now are so called "veterans"

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yes he made a couple mistakes but he had almost no running game. Some of you are acting like qb's who have been the league for a few years don't make mistakes. Two touchdowns, really should have been three and one interception is not bad, especially without a running game.

Right now Leinart might even be in my top 10 qb's that's not bad when almost all 32 qb's playing right now are so called "veterans"

He's a keeper, it was a rookie mistake to throw that pass to Boldin and to take that sack but it was a ton better than the so called "veteran" play of Warner.

Good times in the future, we have to build around him, Boldin and Fitz but again he played outstanding considering he is a rookie and all.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I'd have to say he's right. He is who we need to build around. Get a 3rd WR who can catch and a new coaching staff and we will be legit. So long as there is no penny pinching that is. Disappointed with this loss, but not really upset. There are enough positives to make a difference.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Plummer made rookie mistakes for yrs...I'll take Leinart

On that we shall agree :D

He almost pulled it out, did really, sign of a champion to come back from whatever mistakes, rookie or otherwise, with a little help and experience he'll be money.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Leinart made rookie mistakes... but he also made PRO BOWLER DECISIONS.

I dont see how anyone could have a problem with leinarts performance.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
At one point in the game TV showed Leinart's passer rating at 140.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leinart made rookie mistakes... but he also made PRO BOWLER DECISIONS.

I dont see how anyone could have a problem with leinarts performance.

Stop talking like that. It is against my religion to be attracted to Chiefs fans. :p

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Stop talking like that. It is against my religion to be attracted to Chiefs fans. :p

Haha. I believe that may get you killed.

I was just really really impressed with Leinart. The way he handled pressure is beyond what a rookie should be able to.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha. I believe that may get you killed.

I was just really really impressed with Leinart. The way he handled pressure is beyond what a rookie should be able to.

He saw limited time in preseason since he held out, but, even then he looked good. He seems to have that instinct that QBs need to have.

It's nice to have a franchise QB!!!! :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The bootleg is going to become a huge weapon

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He confirmed what everyone saw in the pre-season. He is our guy. He played above his experince level and the 'rookie' tag against a good defense.

Smart, great instincts, he is going to be a great one.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
He confirmed what everyone saw in the pre-season. He is our guy. He played above his experince level and the 'rookie' tag against a good defense.

Smart, great instincts, he is going to be a great one.

His arm strength was what I was amazed by, he's not got a cannon but his arm is plenty strong enough, most thought that was his weakness, it's more than enough to make him the total package.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His arm strength was what I was amazed by, he's not got a cannon but his arm is plenty strong enough, most thought that was his weakness, it's more than enough to make him the total package.

Agreed. He can throw deep just fine, thank you. I was screaming "Go deep! They are DARING you to go deep! Go deep!" on the TD to Boldin. I went nuts when he actually did it for a TD. KC had all 11 guys within 5 yds of the LOS when that ball was snapped.

After that, KC played almost nothing but cover-2.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Agreed. He can throw deep just fine, thank you. I was screaming "Go deep! They are DARING you to go deep! Go deep!" on the TD to Boldin. I went nuts when he actually did it for a TD. KC had all 11 guys within 5 yds of the LOS when that ball was snapped.

After that, KC played almost nothing but cover-2.

Yeah to me he passed all the tests in one game, he's amazing really, I'm not saying he can't improve greatly he can, that's also another reason I'm stoked about him, he's already good now, greatness awaits him IMO, now we just need to protect our investment, we've got a great thing going, he deserves top notch talent and coaching around him, with that he's the dude we've been waiting for.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I really liked his bootleg plays. They rolled him to both the right and the left. He makes a really good fake handoff to the RB, he really sells it.

I thought the offense was much quicker-paced and organized
with Leinart at QB. Especially in the two-minute offense. Warner was lost out there earlier this year. Leinart sures looks like he will become the leader of this offense to me.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I was just as impressed with Leinart's first start as anyone else but I'm more concerned how his second start in particular and the rest of this season is going to affect him(or any other qb in this situation).

Warner had a very similar start to this year. Fast start, offense clicking, scoring td's from short and far. The defense adjusts and "poof", no more aerial assault. All in all, things went mostly well for Leinart and the offense today but KC is still a somewhat shaky defense in my opinion. If Leinart has to go against Chicago without Fitz, we'll get to see how he deals with frustration.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If Leinart has to go against Chicago without Fitz, we'll get to see how he deals with frustration.

If you think Leinart will get frustrated wait until James gets to 12 carries and has lost 23 yards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05