Injured Reserve question

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
Guys,

I am not familiar with these rules and I would appreciate if anyone can explain it to me. So, if someone is placed on Injured Reserve and they say that they are out for the season, can they be back for the playoffs? like our Matt Leinart?

I remember when Matty got injured they said he could be healthy by week 13 or so and he might need three weeks of rehab. since he could be back only by week 16, they placed him on IR. So, my question is, wud Matty be available if we make the playoffs??

If he cannot be used in playoffs because he was placed on IR, did we make a mistake?? we should have had him in the team so that he could have been available for playoffs. Do you guys agree?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Once on IR you cannot play until next the next season.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only way it's a mistake, is if Kurt gets hurt in game 16, and we have to go to the Timmy's for our first playoff game since 98.

No way would you putt Matt back in if (and this is a big if) Warner got us to the playoffs.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Guys,

I am not familiar with these rules and I would appreciate if anyone can explain it to me. So, if someone is placed on Injured Reserve and they say that they are out for the season, can they be back for the playoffs? like our Matt Leinart?

I remember when Matty got injured they said he could be healthy by week 13 or so and he might need three weeks of rehab. since he could be back only by week 16, they placed him on IR. So, my question is, wud Matty be available if we make the playoffs??

If he cannot be used in playoffs because he was placed on IR, did we make a mistake?? we should have had him in the team so that he could have been available for playoffs. Do you guys agree?

The Buffalo Bills tried this with their all-pro LB named Washington, back in 1975. What happened is that the Washington Redskins picked him up due that fact that once you are on IR you are their until next season including that years play-offs.

BOBCAT