Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/0330sunsnb0330.html
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 30, 2004 12:00 AM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lately, it's hard to tell there is a Suns game going on because so many jerseys stay on the locker racks after tip-off.

Phoenix was down to nine bodies again Monday as Jake Voskuhl, Howard Eisley and Jahidi White underwent tests on their ailments.

Eisley could be done for the season as he continues to ache from a right inguinal hernia. He played through it without saying anything until the pain was too much to practice a week ago.

"He'll be out for a while," said Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, whose team has seven games left. "If they find something, we're not going to bring him back."

There is so little time left and so little to play for that it is best to be safe with the ailing players and give younger players more experience.

Voskuhl's magnetic resonance imaging test on the plantar fascitis in his left foot was negative. He still missed his eighth consecutive game.

"When the pain goes away, he'll play," D'Antoni said.

White's right knee bone bruise has thinned the post rotation even more. He will be kept out through the weekend trip to Memphis and Dallas. The Suns already have a tough enough time on the boards as the league's fourth-worst rebounders despite their size.

"We're trying to take more responsibility playing straight up," D'Antoni said. "That way, we can rebound better."

White hurt his knee March 24 at Philadelphia and has been available only if needed.

Wizards out, too

Washington was down to nine players, with Steve Blake (left thumb sprain) and Juan Dixon (right ankle sprain) in street clothes and Jerry Stackhouse out for personal reasons.

Blake had some of the biggest blows of Washington's rally from 15 points down when the Wizards won at home against Phoenix.

Stackhouse played Sunday.

Free throws

Joe Johnson, the NBA leader in minutes, went over 3,000 minutes for the season. He can't break the team record of 3,378, set by Dick Van Arsdale in the 1968-69 inaugural season.

Amare Stoudemire entered Monday's game as the league's fifth leading scorer in March at 23.8 points per game. [/font]

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When I saw "Eisley could be finished", a part of me was asking myself... "For GOOD???"

:p

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How can Eisley be finished....did he even start anything?

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
[font=Arial said:
Mike D'Antoni[/font]], whose team has seven games left. "If they find something, we're not going to bring him back."
I thought they would cut him I am all for that.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a tough call. Should we hope he is permanently injured (unlikely) or that he recovers and we can blame his injury for his bad play to con someone into taking him. :rolleyes:

Realistically, it would not effect the Bobcats decision either way, since they would be certain to cut him.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
A little over a year ago I had the same type of hernia that Eisley has. Man, I dont know how the guy was able to play with that. :shrug:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
A little over a year ago I had the same type of hernia that Eisley has. Man, I dont know how the guy was able to play with that. :shrug:

Do we have any information on when this injury happened? :confused:

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
WastedFate said:

Maybe it doesn't hurt too much as long as you're dribbling the basketball.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
Maybe it doesn't hurt too much as long as you're dribbling the basketball.
Throwing up bad shots helps elevate the pain.

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
Just go and have the hernia fixed. He will be out for 8 weeks....that gives him the entire summer to heal...

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Realistically, we should hope Eisley gets better soon. There is about a 99% chance he will be on the roster for the next two seasons, so it would be nice if he would just learn how to be a "pass first" distributor PG. There were times when he looked OK at PG, until he decided to do his Alan Iverson imitation ---only worse. :mad:

If the hernia has been bothering him for while, it might explain why he has been so awful on defense. I know it was a joke, but I suspect that playing defense IS harder on the body than offense.

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
He is having hernia surgery performed today. He has a good outside shot that we can depend on. I think he is better at it than Casey.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
minercon said:
He is having hernia surgery performed today. He has a good outside shot that we can depend on. I think he is better at it than Casey.

Not this season With Phoenix, Howard has hit only 34.5% from the field and 30.8% for three. Jacobsen shoots 41.8% from the field and 41.2% for three plus. (Casey's weak mid range game really holds him back).

Barbosa is not considered to be good assist guy, but Leandro gets 2.2 assists in 20.1 minutes per game. Eisley is an experienced PG but gets only 3.4 assists in 21.4 minutes a game.

Eisely of a year ago was not a star, but he was a lot more effective than this season. He shot 41.7% from the field and 38.9% for three to go along with 5.4 assists per game a year ago in 27.4 minutes. Based on his last year's numbers (not to mention some great stats when he was with Utah), the Suns had reason to believe he would be a solid PG. So far, a raw rookie has totally outplayed him.

Has the groin/hernia been a problem for a while? It would be nice if that was his excuse. However, it would not explain why he kept shooting in spite of not hitting anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05