Inspired by 9er trolls: who are the worst opposing fans?

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Back in the day I'd say Detroit. They may not have had the arrogance of Cowboy fans, but going to road games in Detroit was always an exercise in navigating a crowd of drunken slobs looking for a fight. But now that detroit's such a joke I doubt they count.

Packers? Redskins? I don't know. Most of the fans in our current division are pretty bland, although the 9ers folks seem pretty delusional.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My dad and I went to the Philly game when McNabb broke his ankle...Philly fans are no joke.

As far as here in AZ here is how I rank them:
1. Cowboys: do I need to explain
2. Raiders: They are like Cowboy fans with knives and meth
3. Giants: They thought we cared about what happened in NY
4. Rams: They strutted into our new stadium thinking they were badass
5. 49ers: Their fans live in the 80s which on one hand is awesome.
6. Seahawks: Had the best looking ladies with coolest cuts on the jerseys showing skin.

Honorable mention: Chiefs fan for screwing the national anthem.

I always hated all the Giants and Redskins fans at Sun Devil Stadium.

Edit: the NY Giants comment was not about 9/11, my problem with Giants fans occurred way before that, I read it after the fact and didn't want anyone to think I was totally heartless.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Personally, I hate any football fan that is a valley native that says, "Im a (insert team) fan, but root for the Cards on the side".

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, goody. One of my favorite subjects. One with many answers.

1. In old SDS in Tempe, the scum of tutti scum were Raiders fans. Gang bangers. Truly made the game experience unpleasant. I talked to Kent Somers about it once and he agreed, based on a personal experience, he'd never again take a family member to a Raider game here (as he had done).

1a. Still in SDS, cowscum fans. Drunken, arrogant, front-running filth. Dregs of humanity.

Niners, Giants, Packers were generally well behaved, year after year. Good people.

Since we joined the NFCW, it's a little weird. Seattle, San Francisco and St. Louis don't have big local followings. Haven't seen enough of their fans to voice an opinion except the Niner fans continue to be civilized. The fans of Seattle and Rams I've talked with seem friendly but I'm biased. Seattle was my second favorite NFL team so disliking them is hard.

2. In the new stadium, except for the Bears fiasco, there haven't been enough seats available to fans of visiting teams to worry about it much.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
In AZ ---

definately Cowboy fans.

Odd-- in Texas, very nice.

Outside of Texas, I think you get the local front runners who feel the need to act out (and out, and out, and out). At SDS, you would really get the dregs.

The new stadium, I think the seats are expensive enough on a scalp basis that the scary worst cant afford it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People who live in Phoenix and have Raiders, Cowboys, 49ers, & Rams jerseys in the closet.

I swear they're the same people, they're all front-runners, and it's just a matter of which team is better at the time to decide which one they'll wear.

I never experienced a problem with fans of any other team, and I personally really like Seahawks fans.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I try to ignore people that are just there to act like punks and reach out to anyone that remembers their humanity and sportsmanship. That said, the best people I've met so far were some rams fans who were carry overs from LA. They would make a road trip every year. Those people were great. It was that horrifying game with the dual fumbles, but they seemed ready to lose with dignity before the second big fumble and didn't become arrogant when they won. Good folks.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Personally, I hate any football fan that is a valley native that says, "Im a (insert team) fan, but root for the Cards on the side".

and their reasons....

my mom is from there
my dad is from there
i have alot of family there
i go there every summer
i once caught a connecting flight there.

its ridiculous.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I've been rooting for the Cards for the last 46 years. I don't know whether I deserve a medal or a trip to the funny farm.:D

TJ

Reaction score
Hmmm, I've been rooting for the Cards for the last 46 years. I don't know whether I deserve a medal or a trip to the funny farm.:D

We all are on a funny farm already, my friend. Its called the ASFN Message Board :D

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was at the Lions Cards game in Detroit 3? years ago sporting full Cards gear and never got a second look. The place was like a morgue and their fans had all the enthusiasm of a Stepford wife. I was really looking forward to some good natured Jibba Jabba back & forth but no one was biting.I've been going to Cards home games since 88 & that game was hands down lamer than any other I have ever attended.The Lion roar is way over used & pityfull

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cowboy fans. I hate them. Except for my brother, I got the brains between the two of us.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1a. Still in SDS, cowscum fans. Drunken, arrogant, front-running filth. Dregs of humanity.

Eat your heart out Robert Frost.......*sniff* that was beautiful Skkorp.

Seattle was my second favorite NFL team so disliking them is hard.

But we are working on the hatred. Right? Remember that. Slow and steady we will get this done.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Around here, there's no doubt that Steelers fans are the worst. They are a bunch of obnoxious idiots. Of course, i'd say the worst of all are Ohio State fans. I can see why people hate OSU. I'm a big OSU fan and i can't stand 90% of them.

OP
OP
E

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
OSU people are nowhere near as bad as the average SEC fan. Buckeye fans can be pretty annoying, but give anyone the option of being locked in a room with 100 of them or 100 alabama/tennessee/etc fans and I doubt many people would choose the latter......

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cowboys fans aren't fun to deal with ,but the ones who annoy me the most (at least in our section) are the 49ers fans.

The reason being, they aren't fans of _football_. They whine about everything and don't seem to have a grasp on what is going on in the game that they should be focused on.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on what you mean by "worst."

Obnoxious? Cowboys fans.
Dangerous? Raiders fans (because the drunker jokers believe their own hype)
Least Passionate? Maybe Jacksonville (this one's tough, because the die hards are always die hards)

Honorable mention: Denver fans...for that really annoying "IN-COM-PLETE" chant. I hate that...and the Broncos.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
OSU people are nowhere near as bad as the average SEC fan. Buckeye fans can be pretty annoying, but give anyone the option of being locked in a room with 100 of them or 100 alabama/tennessee/etc fans and I doubt many people would choose the latter......

You just don't get it Ed. In the South, football just "means" more to the people than in other regions.

TJ

Reaction score
Shouldnt the motto be with all of us be "I love the Cards and hate the other 31 teams in the league"

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score
Cowboy fans -
They are easy enough to deal with, just ask who their starting linebackers are and that will give 'em a headache and keep them quiet for awhile.

Back at SDS I remember Redskins fans being just as obnoxious.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05