Interesting Article

Billexium

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2061325

I was surprised to see Gonzo on this list. But if the prospects continue to rake as they have been and the F.O. needs to find places for them to play this could be an interesting option. Having a chance to raid the Twins system induces salivation. Although with Joe Jr. I doubt "raid" is the right word. Maybe the D'Backs would have a new GM by then.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The only way I could see this happen is if the Dbacks slip in the standings and it becomes obvious that they have no chance of making the playoffs.

A first place team would never trade one of their most productive starters for prospects. I don't care how good the Tucson Twins are neither one of them is going to come up this year and give you the same kind of production Gonzo will.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I'd sure rather keep Gonzo and trade Green. Sigh. But Gonzo really could be a DH somewhere unless the team decides to play the fan sentiment game and resign him.

Now this is interesting - according to Minor League Baseball site, Carlos is playing mainly LF. heh heh.

Oh yeah - Raking:

Carlos Quentin .324 BA, .493 OBP, .519 SLG, 1.012 OPS, 28BB:16K, 30 R, 20 rbi, 4 HR.

Conor Jackson .378 BA, .473 OBP, .556 SLG, 1.029 OPS, 27BB:8K, 37 R, 34 rbi, 3 HR.

heh. hehheh... Bwahhaaahhaaa
You must be registered for see images
aheh..sniff...sorry - that 27:8 got me giggling uncontrollably.... oh dear... heh...there I go again...

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
I'd sure rather keep Gonzo and trade Green. Sigh. But Gonzo really could be a DH somewhere unless the team decides to play the fan sentiment game and resign him.

Now this is interesting - according to Minor League Baseball site, Carlos is playing mainly LF. heh heh.

Oh yeah - Raking:

Carlos Quentin .324 BA, .493 OBP, .519 SLG, 1.012 OPS, 28BB:16K, 30 R, 20 rbi, 4 HR.

Conor Jackson .378 BA, .473 OBP, .556 SLG, 1.029 OPS, 27BB:8K, 37 R, 34 rbi, 3 HR.

heh. hehheh... Bwahhaaahhaaa
You must be registered for see images
aheh..sniff...sorry - that 27:8 got me giggling uncontrollably.... oh dear... heh...there I go again...
Carlos is playing right field. They have hairston playing left field down here in tucson. Carlos is a right fielder and im not sure that he has seen anytime in LF this season at least not at home.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised if there was a firesale of older guys with big contracts if the DBacks fell out of contention.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I wouldn't be suprised if there was a firesale of older guys with big contracts if the DBacks fell out of contention.

I can't see that happening though. I don't think they'd just drop all the vets. Look what happened when we did that after 2001.... :rolleyes:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
I can't see that happening though. I don't think they'd just drop all the vets. Look what happened when we did that after 2001.... :rolleyes:
Another two winning seasons?

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
While the team might sale off a veteran like Gonzo or one on a single year contract like Clayton or Estes, there is no way they would trade players that they just signed to multi-year deals like Glaus or Green or Ortiz.

They could trade Vazquez because he has the right to demand a trade or be a free agent at the end of the season. If he continues to pitch good, I can see some teams wanting him, particularly in the NL East which is where he stated he wanted to go and which I expect to be a tight horserace all year.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Another two winning seasons?

Correct. But look at the mess we had last year..

The Dbacks need to either full out rebuild or full out go for it with good players. I can't stress that enough.

I'd rather rebuild, as much as I like watching Glaus and the others play.

A potential lineup consiting of Upton, Tracy, Quentin, Jackson, Williams sounds really nice. Of course that's 2-4 years from now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan