Chicago Bears @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/27/24-11/2/24

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Why would he get cut? He'll get a talking to but its not like the throw went off and he was still turned around talking to the crowd. He was involved in the play he just tipped it the wrong way. If he didnt taunt the crowd the same thing would have happened.
What I read is that he blew his assignment once he got into the play. He was designated to block out the Washington player who caught the tipped ball, and instead took the position of the Chicago player who was designated to knock down the pass.

It is unlikely that he will be cut because he is a second-round pick.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I see it the opposite, I think the Bears will let that game consume them all week. I believe they will have a let down this week against a team they have probably pegged as a win and will continue to overlook the Cards this week.

The Cards need to treat this game as a huge opportunity to make a statement. I think Kyler will be up for the matchup against Caleb.

Cards fans, we need to go buy those tickets and keep those mangy Bears fans home!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bears fans are gonna be everywhere and it will be somewhat of an advantage for them when Cards are faced with third down.

This will be the road game for the Bears which will feel most like a home game. Soldier Field West.

Stadium could be +60% Chicago fans. My good friend has been trying to find tickets for weeks (before the Cards had momentum). Nothing on the exchanges.

This was the only game where the Cards sold out the Casitas.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not good for us I don't think.

They'll have murder in their eyes when they come out of the tunnel this Sunday.
I don't believe in this stuff. In fact, I think it really is more often the opposite. I remember when we choked away that game to the unbeaten Bears on Monday night. And, next game, it was all this kind of talk about how we will slaughter a bad Raiders team. Instead, we actually played totally horribly and lifeless. Losing a game like that in that spectacular of an eff up leads to doubt and even anger in the lockerroom. I don't believe Eberflus is a dynamic type of a coach who can turn that into a positive.

If losing is so motivating in firing guys up to play better, then why is the Super Bowl Loser curse a thing? Which, once again looking at the Niners have done so far this year, it is holding true again.

I don't know if we will win, because I wonder how we will come out of the gate. After a similar win against SF, we were horrible in GB. We had a similar win against the Chargers, and didn't show up in the first quarter yesterday. We just didn't get buried quite as bad as Green Bay buried us.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I see it the opposite, I think the Bears will let that game consume them all week. I believe they will have a let down this week against a team they have probably pegged as a win and will continue to overlook the Cards this week.

The Cards need to treat this game as a huge opportunity to make a statement. I think Kyler will be up for the matchup against Caleb.

Cards fans, we need to go buy those tickets and keep those mangy Bears fans home!
I kinda agree here... especially after seeing clips of Caleb Williams on the sideline as the catch was made. You could see he totally blamed the defense. I get it, but as the leader of the team, he needs to keep things in check, as Murray has learned to do, or he could risk a fracture in the locker room.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
math fun!

Record of the team the Cards have lost to: 24-7, or 20-7 if you exclude the Cardinal results (.740 win %)

Record of the teams the Cards have beaten: 13-17, or 13-13 if you exclude the Cardinals results (.500 %)

Records as of today of the remaining schedule: 29-40 (.420%)

Two teams with winning records: Chi and Minn

Three games vs teams at .500: SEA x 2 and SF

Four games vs teams below .500: CAR, LAR, NEP and NYJ

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
math fun!

Record of the team the Cards have lost to: 24-7, or 20-7 if you exclude the Cardinal results (.740 win %)

Record of the teams the Cards have beaten: 13-17, or 13-13 if you exclude the Cardinals results (.500 %)

Records as of today of the remaining schedule: 29-40 (.420%)

Two teams with winning records: Chi and Minn

Three games vs teams at .500: SEA x 2 and SF

Four games vs teams below .500: CAR, LAR, NEP and NYJ
Playing 4th place schedule has bit us. The Chargers are arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC West and Washington is either first or second best in NFC East. Panthers may end up being better than NO if Dalton returns. And the NFC North is top to bottom the best NFL division.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan