Interesting..we were #1 in off in preseason

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, there were obvious signs last preseason that we were in trouble on both sides of the ball. Our first string offense was consistently unable to move the ball except when they had a clear cut depth chart advantage. We were almost as inept on defense. Houston, for example, dominated our defense pretty much at every position and that was our first preseason game. We looked much better against Chicago than we did against the other teams but Chicago started the game without several of their key players.

This season, we've looked quite a bit better on offense and defense but it's also harder to project off of these games because of the shortened offseason. There appears to be reason for hope but I think we won't really know what to expect for probably 3 games.

Steve

.... not to mention, that in the 2010 pre-season, Whiz continually allowed D-O-A to go on 4th down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was gone for something no matter if it was for a QB or some other position.

you think he was gone either way, huh? that they were just going to either cut or trade a guy who one year earlier had made the Pro-Bowl and was a very good playmaker as a rookie... because he had one bad season amongst an entire defense who had bad seasons?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you think he was gone either way, huh? that they were just going to either cut or trade a guy who one year earlier had made the Pro-Bowl and was a very good playmaker as a rookie... because he had one bad season amongst an entire defense who had bad seasons?

I don't think it was because he had one bad season as much as it was why he had that bad season. I doubt that we would have just given him away though. He may not be ideal for Horton's system but I'm sure a lot of us wish we had him right now (along with Kolb).

Steve

OP
OP
C

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the stats but just from memory, it seems to me that much of our offense came against something other than first string defenses. I like the potential Kolb brings to this team but I think we're far from being a polished offense at this stage.

As for getting respect this Sunday, I kind of doubt it. If we lose, we'll be the laughingstock of the league for a few weeks and if we win (even if we win big) it will be disregarded because it came against a very raw rookie. We have almost as many excuses/reasons to struggle this week as Carolina does but it's a safe bet no one in the Media will be defending us if the Panthers beat us.

Steve

Well...just food for thought. We put almost 300 yards on Green Bays first defense and that was by HALFTIME. ;) SO there has to be a little smile on your face when you look at the stats. 400+ yards during the preseason and we played Green Bay and San Diego and Oakland....All ranked in top 12 in defense last year. Take it what its worth.

seesred

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, if our offense can put up 350 per week opur defense will be soooo much better . They will stay fresher with more rest between when the offense has the ball. Can't wait to find out. As for the DRC conversation he moight become the best CB who ever lived and the truth is it doesn't matter to us anymore. What's done is done. Go Peterson!!!!!!

GBR

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thats very suprising, didnt seem like we were moving the ball that well at the time. Remember lots of 3 n outs for Kolb in the short time he played.

Guess that means Bartel is the best 3rd stringer in the NFL? lol

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats very suprising, didnt seem like we were moving the ball that well at the time. Remember lots of 3 n outs for Kolb in the short time he played.

Guess that means Bartel is the best 3rd stringer in the NFL? lol

Bartel is probably the best pre season QB ever.

121-175 for 1,361 yards and 7 TDs

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals have a tough schedule imo. They have to play the afc north and the nfc south this season. Playing these teams will show how good the Cardinals really are.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cardinals have a tough schedule imo. They have to play the afc north and the nfc south this season. Playing these teams will show how good the Cardinals really are.

They play 4 teams that had winning records in 2010.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Once again... not only is it the easiest schedule in the league, it's easier than last year's schedule which was ALSO the easiest in the league.

Second, the AFC North, with 33 wins, was only one game above .500 last year.

Third, the Cardinals play the NFC East, not the NFC South. The East had 32 wins last year, exactly .500.

Fourth, they play the other two last-place teams in the NFC, the Vikings and Panthers, who were a combined 12-20.

...dave

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Once again... not only is it the easiest schedule in the league, it's easier than last year's schedule which was ALSO the easiest in the league.

Second, the AFC North, with 33 wins, was only one game above .500 last year.

Third, the Cardinals play the NFC East, not the NFC South. The East had 32 wins last year, exactly .500.

Fourth, they play the other two last-place teams in the NFC, the Vikings and Panthers, who were a combined 12-20.

...dave

The difference is WE ARE GOING TO KICK THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD IN 2010 JUST LIKE WE DID IN 2009..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05