iPod question

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Allright guys. I need some help.

I'm debating getting an iPod, but I wouldn't get it for listening to music. I heard you can record using it.

I'm hoping to become a journalist and over a 2 week camp at ASU I heard someone saying that you can record using an iPod. This would be perfect for interviews.

After a an awful interview with Travis Buck (ASU OFer) I'm thinking I better get something to record.

So has anyone heard about this feature on iPods?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I've never heard it. Whatever device you have would need an audio input, and as far as I know Ipods only have an audio output. There may be other devices that do this. I know that there are regular voice recorders that you can hook a 10 dollar michrophone into and record the sound digitally.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
OK NO PROBLEM.I HAVE A U2 IPOD AND I LOVE IT..I ALWAYS USE BELKIN FOR EVERYTHING ON MY IPOD..I ALLREADY GOT MY ITRIP REPLACED BY THEM..AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE..THIS WILL WORK WONDERS FOR YOU.. BELKIN.COM OR GO TO ANY APPLE STORE,AND BY THE WAY IF YOU DONT HAVE A WARRANTY FOR YOUR IPOD GET WON THE BEST MONEY YOU WILL SPEND..MY BROTHER ALLREADY GOT A NEW ONE AFTER 18 MONTHS..ONCE THE BATTERY IS DEAD..LET IT REST IN PEACE..YOU WILL NEED A NEW IPOD..ALSO IF YOU NEED A IPOD APPLE HAS REFURBISHED ONES..AND SORRY BUT IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY THAT HAS A COLLEGE ID.YOU GET EDUCATION DISCOUNT 50 OR 60 OFF JUST IPODS.. ANY MORE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW..ALWAYS TONY :thumbup:

Attachments

• FUL1_F8E478.jpg
    FUL1_F8E478.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 88

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I bought my Dell DJ for the purpose of recording lectures while I slept(hey I graduated). It worked quite well. I would download them to my computer as a .wav.

OP
OP
Phill11

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
BendCardfan said:
I bought my Dell DJ for the purpose of recording lectures while I slept(hey I graduated). It worked quite well. I would download them to my computer as a .wav.

Would that work better than an iPod?

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Yeah they have this thing called a tape recorder too.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
BIGTONY said:
OK NO PROBLEM.I HAVE A U2 IPOD AND I LOVE IT..I ALWAYS USE BELKIN FOR EVERYTHING ON MY IPOD..I ALLREADY GOT MY ITRIP REPLACED BY THEM..AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE..THIS WILL WORK WONDERS FOR YOU.. BELKIN.COM OR GO TO ANY APPLE STORE,AND BY THE WAY IF YOU DONT HAVE A WARRANTY FOR YOUR IPOD GET WON THE BEST MONEY YOU WILL SPEND..MY BROTHER ALLREADY GOT A NEW ONE AFTER 18 MONTHS..ONCE THE BATTERY IS DEAD..LET IT REST IN PEACE..YOU WILL NEED A NEW IPOD..ALSO IF YOU NEED A IPOD APPLE HAS REFURBISHED ONES..AND SORRY BUT IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY THAT HAS A COLLEGE ID.YOU GET EDUCATION DISCOUNT 50 OR 60 OFF JUST IPODS.. ANY MORE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW..ALWAYS TONY :thumbup:

Allow me to bring forth a little internet etiquitte from The Eggman himself...

• DON'T TYPE IN ALL UPPER CASE, it's considered SHOUTING.

http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/etiquitte_1.html