Is Nash starting some pre Mavs psyche game?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Admittedly Nash isn't playing to top speed. However, could he be overexagerating his tiredness, etc., before we play Mark Cuban's team? The same Mark Cuban that said Nash was too tired at seasons end and probably didn't have a lot left in the future. Nash to Phoenix and two MVPs later, he could be trying to sandbag the Mavs, should we meet for the Western Conference Finals. I don't know Nash. I know if it was me, I'd be hinting how tired I am, etc., so the writer's start saying maybe Cuban was right. Then when we beat the Mavs, I'd say, "I guess it's lucky we won since I am so tired...." :)

Maximus

Reaction score
Suns have their hands full with the Clippers, and Nash is just a shadow of himself right now. It's a lot more than just his words, he looks tired out there. Whatever Nash has, he's leaving it out on the floor this series. No way is he looking forward to next series.

But, I'd love for this 3 day break to be the rest he needs and his game comes back Monday...and beyond.

:jedi:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Yuma said:
Admittedly Nash isn't playing to top speed. However, could he be overexagerating his tiredness, etc., before we play Mark Cuban's team? The same Mark Cuban that said Nash was too tired at seasons end and probably didn't have a lot left in the future. Nash to Phoenix and two MVPs later, he could be trying to sandbag the Mavs, should we meet for the Western Conference Finals. I don't know Nash. I know if it was me, I'd be hinting how tired I am, etc., so the writer's start saying maybe Cuban was right. Then when we beat the Mavs, I'd say, "I guess it's lucky we won since I am so tired...." :)

Uhm...no.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be about the most insane thing to do ever. Nash isn't that stupid.

He's obviously gassing hard. But to go low-effort in case you meet another team that hasn't even advanced yet? That's the worst strategy since drafting Bowie over Jordan.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nash will come to play Monday.
The ankle will really appreciate the 3-day layoff. He might even shoot it up if it's still flat come Monday morning workout. lol

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think he's saving himself for the Mavs series or anything, but I wouldn't be suprised if he took it to another gear if they do meet.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
He's just worn out, period. That doesn't make any sense for him (or the suns) to save some energy for an totally hypothetic matchup with the mavs, especially if the suns get knocked out in game 7. :stick:

saxmanager

Reaction score
The layoff is going to help both teams. Cassell, Mobley, and Kaman from the Clippers are beat up and I expect Nash and the rest of the SOB's to come out firing on Monday night.
I'm anticipating a classic.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Why is everybody talking about a mavs series, the spurs on a roll, terry was out a game and might be a tad out of rythm, spurs tied the series up, and they are probably indomitable on home court for a game 7. Mavs are done as far as im concerned.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05