Is the James Jones trade official yet?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's done, and its no secret according to local press. But there is no official NBA recoginition of the trade yet. I suppose there are details still being worked out.

I just wondered because Portland would be an ideal third team to enter into talks for KG. They have scads of young talent, they need a SG and Marion fits that bill, and they have a couple of big contracts that will expire in the next few years that can make the numbers work.

nash2stouds

Reaction score
It's done, and its no secret according to local press. But there is no official NBA recoginition of the trade yet. I suppose there are details still being worked out.

I just wondered because Portland would be an ideal third team to enter into talks for KG. They have scads of young talent, they need a SG and Marion fits that bill, and they have a couple of big contracts that will expire in the next few years that can make the numbers work.

The deal will be announced on Wednesday and is not in conjunction with any KG trade. Your point about Portland is valid but Shawn Marion is not a sg. He is a natural SF with the ability to play the PF in the Phoenix system.

fordronken

Reaction score
The deal will be announced on Wednesday and is not in conjunction with any KG trade. Your point about Portland is valid but Shawn Marion is not a sg. He is a natural SF with the ability to play the PF in the Phoenix system.

I think it was a typo. Portland needs a small forward, not a shooting guard and Marion is a small forward. If the Blazers could somehow wind up with Roy/Marion/Aldridge/Oden, they'd be pretty well set.

nash2stouds

Reaction score
Yeah but in a few years that could kill us haha. We would have sold them their starting pg in spanish chocolate, their starting 2 in ferdandez, a role playing sf in jones and traded them the matrix. All kidding aside, they could be good.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank for giving me the benefit. SF is what I meant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05