is whizenhunt drinking?! wtf!!!! call the timeout!!!

freebyrd

Reaction score
i don't know what else to say, i think i would fire him right then and there CHRIST!!!

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
How about 2nd and 1.. and we're running a screen.. run the damn ball for the first down.. we take a 10 yard loss on the sack...

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
wow whats the rest of the season going to look like?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about 2nd and 1.. and we're running a screen.. run the damn ball for the first down.. we take a 10 yard loss on the sack...

This x1000000000000

go from 2nd and 1, screen --> sack. 3rd and 11. then 4th and 4. Games over.

RUN THE FN BALL YOU HAVE 1:15 ON THE CLOCK, 2 TIMEOUTS, ON YOUR 30

I think i want Whiz fired. im dead serious.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Running a screen pass on a 2nd and 1 is stupid, Whiz stupid.

He keeps thinking he's cute with that stuff, but it's not funny Whiz, high school coaches know better.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
We seriously could have run that draw out of the shotgun with Beanie down inside the 10 yard line IMO... throw, throw, throw with Whiz.. What's even more assinine about that screen play call, was that you are asking Beanie to catch the ball which he can't do... and you are inviting pass rushers right into the face of Kolb...

Such a god awful call

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Running a screen pass on a 2nd and 1 is stupid, Whiz stupid.

He keeps thinking he's cute with that stuff, but it's not funny Whiz, high school coaches know better.

Yeah Wiz is to blame for Kolb holding the ball instead of chunking it Blah blah blah blah

You guys just kill me :mulli:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yeah Wiz is to blame for Kolb holding the ball instead of chunking it Blah blah blah blah

No, you're just apologizing for him.

His QB holds the ball too long, that he picked, and he called the play.

Of course Kolb can't take that sack but he does this, he holds the ball too long, so in that situation why on earth would you trust him to throw it away?

Maybe even the OC called the play, that's on Whiz to call a time out and straighten them out.

That was a stupid play and I blame it on the HC.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where is he going to throw it that's not grounding? The problem there aside from the call is as they said the OL let the pass rush in too easily they got there before the screen was setup. You could see Beanie trying to get out there and he couldn't get there in time.

I didn't like the call but Kolb did well to not fumble there, if he throws it away it's grounding and loss of down.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This x1000000000000

go from 2nd and 1, screen --> sack. 3rd and 11. then 4th and 4. Games over.

RUN THE FN BALL YOU HAVE 1:15 ON THE CLOCK, 2 TIMEOUTS, ON YOUR 30

I think i want Whiz fired. im dead serious.
This is absolutely pathetic game management

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We seriously could have run that draw out of the shotgun with Beanie down inside the 10 yard line IMO... throw, throw, throw with Whiz.. What's even more assinine about that screen play call, was that you are asking Beanie to catch the ball which he can't do... and you are inviting pass rushers right into the face of Kolb...

Such a god awful call
And when ever, at all, we have run a successful screen in years???? and Whiz call it at a crucial juncture with game on the line giving up a huge sack?????

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Screen pass is a great call in that situation. the players need to execute. How many time have you seen the Cards burnes on a screen in the 2minute offense?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Anything to avoid blaming the guy who is really in charge. And give it a break with that pubescent maturity level emoticon.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Screen pass is a great call in that situation. the players need to execute. How many time have you seen the Cards burnes on a screen in the 2minute offense?

How often do we run a good screen pass?

It worked out about like I could of predicted it would, well better actually I would of predicted an interception or fumble.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I didn't mind going for it without the timeout as I felt the haste to get the playoff would help us by keeping the Giants a bit on their heals. But bad playcalls leading up to it, yeah it sucked.

Buckybird

Reaction score

absolutely

Wells was there for a big play...pull the ****ing trigger. In that situation you cant take a sack. It was wide open with 3 blockers in front & no Giant in sight

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
How dumb is a screen pass there??

1)By design it's allowing free pass rushers into the QB's face
2)Kolb has major issues with people in his face
3)It's a risky play because if the other teams sniffs it out, you're looking at a blown up play that goes for a loss... or in today's case, the play is so blown up the QB can't get rid of the ball.
4)It's relying on Wells to catch the ball, something he struggles with.
5)It relies on Levi Brown to do his job. Another risky proposition.

Just assinine.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
absolutely

Wells was there for a big play...pull the ****ing trigger. In that situation you cant take a sack. It was wide open with 3 blockers in front & no Giant in sight

You need to take your personnel into account. Maybe a screen is a great play there for a team with competent Oline play, a great QB, and an RB with good hands... We don't have any of those things.

Honestly I don't know what you want Kolb to do.. he had no way of getting that ball out, unless he really floats a ball, and who knows what happens if he tries that

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
How dumb is a screen pass there??

1)By design it's allowing free pass rushers into the QB's face
2)Kolb has major issues with people in his face
3)It's a risky play because if the other teams sniffs it out, you're looking at a blown up play that goes for a loss... or in today's case, the play is so blown up the QB can't get rid of the ball.
4)It's relying on Wells to catch the ball, something he struggles with.
5)It relies on Levi Brown to do his job. Another risky proposition.

Just assinine.

^ This.

I just talked about how we suck at screen passes a week or two ago, everyone knows we suck at them.

Sigh.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
Whisenhunt and Grimm should both be fired tonight, I nwould rather have the Cardinals start over now. Whisenhunt has no idea what the F... is going on during the game. Who the hell is making the decisions.

Warner made Whisenhunt for the 1st couple of years.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
absolutely

Yes. That play is on Kolb. Even if it it's incomplete, it's still 3rd and 1. Throw the damn ball.

Buckybird

Reaction score
You need to take your personnel into account. Maybe a screen is a great play there for a team with competent Oline play, a great QB, and an RB with good hands... We don't have any of those things.

Honestly I don't know what you want Kolb to do.. he had no way of getting that ball out, unless he really floats a ball, and who knows what happens if he tries that

an incompletion at the worst? Again no Giant in sight, rewatch the play. That plays all on Kolb

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd toss it up to Fitz any day of the week, or even throw one to Heap in the middle, before I'd run a screen there. Stupid.