The biggest hit on the BJ injury

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh yes, high and mighty Brit, do tell us how he's not a medical bust at this point? Rookie year? Hindered by injury. Second year? Gone. But yeah, he's not a medical bust.

Or, you know, just continue posting try hard eye rolls lol
Come on really, you are going to judge someone off two injuries one major and one moderate.

If we use your criteria I guess Kyler is a medical bust too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Come on really, you are going to judge someone off two injuries one major and one moderate.

If we use your criteria I guess Kyler is a medical bust too.

This is crazy. Kyler was Rookie of the year and made two pro bowls before his injury season.

Troy Niklas thinks that Beej's career is off to a slow start. Rondale Moore is Just Asking Questions.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is crazy. Kyler was Rookie of the year and made two pro bowls before his injury season.

Troy Niklas thinks that Beej's career is off to a slow start. Rondale Moore is Just Asking Questions.
Rondale Moore Out again with what looks like another major injury to his leg. He was taken off on a stretcher with an air cast on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Bosa had 9 sacks his rookie season. He had 15.5 the year he came back from injury.

This is a terrible example to use.

Sorry I thought he was a MEDICAL bust? That's what you both said right? About multiple injuries in a short space of time?

Well, Bosa had an injury plagued college career including an ACL tear. Then played a season, then tore his ACL again. So at that point he was a medical bust right? Whatever that is.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When? Heck, it was a big if for him to get 8 sacks this season, let alone in a post-knee injury season. I like your optimism but where is that written in stone?

Year one? Hampered by injury.
Year two? Gone.
Year three? Recovery year.
Year four???

I'm comfortable in my opinion, thanks. But please feel free to post more glorified eye roll emojies :)

Of course you're comfortable. Nothing makes you more comfortable that writing off players.

As I said, you would have been the Niners fan calling Nick Bosa a "medical bust" in year 2 and writing off his next year as a "recovery year" when he had 15.5 sacks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wait, we need to establish some ground rules here for what a "medical bust" is seeing as it's a term Stout just invented.

So you're not a medical bust if you previously had a good year? What's the good years to injury ratio for not being a "medical bust"?

Because to me "medical bust" just means injuries and doesn't factor in performance at all. You know, with it specifically saying medical.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Of course you're comfortable. Nothing makes you more comfortable that writing off players.

As I said, you would have been the Niners fan calling Nick Bosa a "medical bust" in year 2 and writing off his next year as a "recovery year" when he had 15.5 sacks.
Man, you are doubling down on a terrible comparison. Enjoy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You could easily understand the concept, like others, or, you know, throw a hissy fit, make outrageous comparisons, and demand intricate definitions. Or are you just that upset that I said something about your glorified eye roll emoji? Or is this just frustration about the Ojulari injury bubbling over? Hmm...

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
He's a bust. It's unfortunate, as it's a medical thing and not a talent bust, per se, but he cannot be counted on. Anything we get from him is gravy at this point.
Unfortunately looks like it. Monti took a huge gamble with BJ, Wilson and Williams given their injury history.

Ironicly, the one with the lowest risk on paper is the one not Working out.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
He should at least have a full camp I hope next year- plenty of time to get his feet under him. My hope is that we address the position in full next off season - even if it’s paying the big bucks- to move this team to the next level (expecting we have an average to above average team in other aspects of our game).

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Whatever you want to say. We are now seeing posters essentially saying he will be useless for his first three years. Whether it’s a reason or excuse the outcome is the same.
It is..due to how young he is it was always going to be later before we got a look at who he might be on the field...now if we sign him to an extension in 26 it will have to be based partially on guesswork... not good for anybody