is whizenhunt drinking?! wtf!!!! call the timeout!!!

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes the worst screen pass team in the NFL and the team that throws the least screen passes in the nfl......there are No words for what the cardinals do

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Classic Ken Whisenhunt post-game comments. The players "just need to execute". Maybe it is time for a new gameplan on defense AND offense for the players to execute

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
absolutely

Wells was there for a big play...pull the ****ing trigger. In that situation you cant take a sack. It was wide open with 3 blockers in front & no Giant in sight

Wells wasn't even there yet. They showed the replay several times Beanie was inside and was just starting to move outside for the screen when Kolb realized I gotta throw this. The guy jumped to take away the pass, and he protected the ball.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Wells wasn't even there yet. They showed the replay several times Beanie was inside and was just starting to move outside for the screen when Kolb realized I gotta throw this. The guy jumped to take away the pass, and he protected the ball.

Yup, the Oline really screwed the play up.. I don't blame Kolb for that... it was an awful play call given the situation, and it was bad execution by the left side of the line

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

russ ur wrong on this one my man, the play was set up perfectly. Levi could have held his man a second more, but Beanie was waiting for the throw

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
russ ur wrong on this one my man, the play was set up perfectly. Levi could have held his man a second more, but Beanie was waiting for the throw

no he wasn't at least not on any replay I've seen. NFL.com doesn't have that part up yet they will eventually. They showed it 4-5 times and you can see Beanie is inside sort of hiding behind 2 OL's and he's just starting to try and get outside for the screen when Kolb is about to get sacked.

It's why both announcers said the OL let them go too quickly, because on the replay you can see Beanie hasn't had time to get to where the screen is supposed to go.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The smart play, in that situation, is to hurry to the line, run a hard count and try to get the defense to jump offsides. If they don't jump, you call the timeout, and get a good play in. Running a play right off the bat with the game on the line is one of the dumbest things you can do...

Buckybird

Reaction score
no he wasn't at least not on any replay I've seen. NFL.com doesn't have that part up yet they will eventually. They showed it 4-5 times and you can see Beanie is inside sort of hiding behind 2 OL's and he's just starting to try and get outside for the screen when Kolb is about to get sacked.

It's why both announcers said the OL let them go too quickly, because on the replay you can see Beanie hasn't had time to get to where the screen is supposed to go.

here

Attachments

• Kolb.jpg
    Kolb.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 69

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's exactly what the replay showed, Beanie is still inside head turned to start to go outside as the play goes on.

In stopped motion yes it looks like Kolb can just shotput it to him but in realtime he's gotta figure out where Beanie is with a 6'4" guy in Osi on his left and a 6'4" guy in Tollefson in front of him who leaps right when he's about to throw it.

Buckybird

Reaction score
That's exactly what the replay showed, Beanie is still inside head turned to start to go outside as the play goes on.

In stopped motion yes it looks like Kolb can just shotput it to him but in realtime he's gotta figure out where Beanie is with a 6'4" guy in Osi on his left and a 6'4" guy in Tollefson in front of him who leaps right when he's about to throw it.

my whole point isn't about completing that pass. Kolb CANNOT take a sack in that situation. Float the ball towards Wells & at the worst its an incompletion!!! At the point in that pic he pumped the ball, a no no.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my whole point isn't about completing that pass. Kolb CANNOT take a sack in that situation. Float the ball towards Wells & at the worst its an incompletion!!! At the point in that pic he pumped the ball, a no no.

He pumped it because Tollefson jumped and took away the throw, and then he got sacked by Osi.

He wasn't pumping to be clever, he pulled it down because the defender took away the throw and he was covering up the ball so as not to fumble when he got hit.

It sucked, but the timing of the play was completely hosed you're not supposed to get hit that quickly on a screen.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This wouldn't have been an issue if Whis didn't waste a timeout challenging the run by Smith. The in-game coaching left a lot to be desired today.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't know what else to say, i think i would fire him right then and there CHRIST!!!

Are you talking about right before halftime?

Or later, when he again didn't use the TO and rushed ANOTHER crucial play onto the field which failed.

The one before the half was more egregious, IMO.