Jake is gone to the bobcats

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I guess this makes re-signing Hunter out of the question.

This doesn't make any sense--since we no longer have Jake and his salary how does this make Hunter signing with us LESS possible?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
This doesn't make any sense--since we no longer have Jake and his salary how does this make Hunter signing with us LESS possible?

Me confused also - maybe it means that JPlay sees this as a sign of us REALLY not spending any money on anyone but JJ thus we won't try and sign Hunter. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i will now breath a big sigh of 'thank-f***ing-god." i was actually more surprised to see we didn't have to throw in another friggin' first rounder to get rid of jake.

i could see us getting jj and hunter now. and our offseason would be terrific in my eyes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i will now breath a big sigh of 'thank-f***ing-god." i was actually more surprised to see we didn't have to throw in another friggin' first rounder to get rid of jake.

i could see us getting jj and hunter now. and our offseason would be terrific in my eyes.

Amen brutha

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

That, and someone reporting Ginobli as a terrorist so he can't reenter the US next season and play for SA, and I'd say the off season wasn't so bad! :D

OP
OP
B

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
just read on another site that the suns might be interested in someone named pat burk. oh well

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ballamania said:
just read on another site that the suns might be interested in someone named pat burk. oh well

Another message board?

Burke was on Orlando a couple years ago and wasn't too bad, but then he disappeared and played overseas or something last year.

OP
OP
B

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
yeah another board. they were saying that on the radio they were talking about him playing at auburn, orlando and overseas. he played in about 62 games.i vaguely remember that name but i cant picture him.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Me confused also - maybe it means that JPlay sees this as a sign of us REALLY not spending any money on anyone but JJ thus we won't try and sign Hunter. :shrug:

Exactly this may mean Hunter is out of our price range if we are doing everything we can to stay out of the luxury tax. Very simple to understand.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading too much into this story, but is there not a message contained in this article that the Suns are going to sign/match JJ.

Certainly clearing Jake's contract saved the Suns some money, however, the wording in the ESPN story indicates Sarver has put the Suns management in charge of keeping Phoenix out of the luxury tax threshold so they can match the proposed offer sheet from Atlanta.

I think the Suns management is more than competent to do this, if there was ever a real threat of the luxury tax for next season.

IMO, the big story is the Suns intend to match for JJ.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Exactly this may mean Hunter is out of our price range if we are doing everything we can to stay out of the luxury tax. Very simple to understand.

You do know that in the 2005-2006 season we won't have luxury tax to worry about if we sign both because Amare's extension wouldn't kick in, right?

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
wow!...this makes me almost as excited as if we actually signed someone! We got rid of 2 mil salary without having to give up anything! Ive been hoping for this for a while now but thought we might have to go into the season with Jake on the roster.

This is definately a good sign in my eyes and gives me a lot of hope now of us resigning JJ.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ballamania said:
yeah another board. they were saying that on the radio they were talking about him playing at auburn, orlando and overseas. he played in about 62 games.i vaguely remember that name but i cant picture him.

Actually, my mistake, it was 2 years ago that he was on the Magic.

Since then, I believe he was on Real Madrid's team and has been playing on the Irish national team.

You must be registered for see images

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
You do know that in the 2005-2006 season we won't have luxury tax to worry about if we sign both because Amare's extension wouldn't kick in, right?

Yo do realize that all the moves they are making are geared towards saving money for 2006-2007 when Amare's contract is expired. Obviously Amare's new contract will put him with the highest payed players in the league. Yes it would be great if Hunter signed a one year contract, but he's not going to.

OP
OP
B

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
he looks like he has an attitude. thats at least a start.i just wish i could remember what his game was like. hopefully he just wont be the designated blog writer. maybe come in and foul somebody or something.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Yo do realize that all the moves they are making are geared towards saving money for 2006-2007 when Amare's contract is expired. Obviously Amare's new contract will put him with the highest payed players in the league. Yes it would be great if Hunter signed a one year contract, but he's not going to.

You must be right because Jake's contract ended after this year. :thud:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Actually, my mistake, it was 2 years ago that he was on the Magic.

Since then, I believe he was on Real Madrid's team and has been playing on the Irish national team.

You must be registered for see images

he looks more like a soccer hooligan than a basketball player.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Yes if Jakes contract ends after next year why not keep him to back up Kurt or Amare and clear space for 2006/2007. Instead you trade his salary and resign Hunter for multiple years, possibly putting you at risk of signing Amare.

Now we have Nash, Marion, JJ, Amare and Hunter making good money.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Now we have Nash, Marion, JJ, Amare and Hunter making good money.
:biglaugh:

LOL, how much "big money" do you think Hunter will get? My guess is he'll get (if he stays) around the same amount Jake got.

People are saying trading Jake helps in signing Joe Johnson--I disagree, I think it helps in signing Steven Hunter. So here's the decision process...

JJ resigned
Voskuhl on the roster
Hunter walks

or

JJ resigned
Voskuhl gone
Hunter resigned

Which scenario is better?

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
:biglaugh:
I think it helps in signing Steven Hunter.

JJ resigned
Voskuhl on the roster
Hunter walks

or

JJ resigned
Voskuhl gone
Hunter resigned

Which scenario is better?

Exactly what I was going to say, this is a way to keep players that actually contributed last season on the roster. Tischer can sit as many minutes as Voskuhl, doesn't take much talent to produce the number of DNP-CDs that Jake racked up last season.

The signing of Stephan Graham should come next, just to fill out the 14 players.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05