Jamarcus Russell rumors

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaws and ESPN are making light of the rumors that Jamarcus is up to 300lbs.

But they admit he seems to have gained weight. Not to worry, they say, he's "big-framed" and can easily carry more weight than any other QB ever and sill be good.

The Raiders aren't worried, they say.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Jaws and ESPN are making light of the rumors that Jamarcus is up to 300lbs.

But they admit he seems to have gained weight. Not to worry, they say, he's "big-framed" and can easily carry more weight than any other QB ever and sill be good.

The Raiders aren't worried, they say.

Why should they be? They've replaced us as the joke of the NFL. Let them keep the title as we progress.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rumor has been around locally for awhile and whether the Raiders admit it or not they absolutely are worried because they want Jamarcus to be their QB this year. A kid about to be handed the job ought to be keeping himself in shape not ballooning up.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
The rumor has been around locally for awhile and whether the Raiders admit it or not they absolutely are worried because they want Jamarcus to be their QB this year. A kid about to be handed the job ought to be keeping himself in shape not ballooning up.

No kidding... when was he drafted and how much is he paid? If this is true, then its bust city. That sounds like a nice place... Bust City.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
And this is yet another reason why rookie contracts should be restructured. Never taken a snap, and never really needs to. He can take his millions in signing bonuses and never throw another pass.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding... when was he drafted and how much is he paid? If this is true, then its bust city. That sounds like a nice place... Bust City.

2007, #1 overall. 68M Contract with 30M + guaranteed.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
when i read the thread i thought it meant rumors he was coming here, and i almost threw up, now i see he may need to throw up a little bit.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Raiders once a proud franchise turns into the laughing stock of the league. Your franchise QB, the one you mortaged the future on, cant control his weight, that's a problem. There shouldnt even be rumors about it....

Like somewhat on here said, Bust City.....

Alex Smith might look like a bust (we'll see if Martz can help, gosh I hope so) but nobody can talk about his work ethic. Russell just looks like he has a bad attitude and doesnt care

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Raiders once a proud franchise turns into the laughing stock of the league. Your franchise QB, the one you mortaged the future on, cant control his weight, that's a problem. There shouldnt even be rumors about it....

Like somewhat on here said, Bust City.....

Alex Smith might look like a bust (we'll see if Martz can help, gosh I hope so) but nobody can talk about his work ethic. Russell just looks like he has a bad attitude and doesnt care

thats why i think huge rookie contracts are ridiculous. thats why i think there should be a rookie limit and then if you perform well they can re-do you like fitz (not saying fitz's contract wasn't huge).

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
thats why i think huge rookie contracts are ridiculous. thats why i think there should be a rookie limit and then if you perform well they can re-do you like fitz (not saying fitz's contract wasn't huge).

I totally agree, they should only play for so much. They need to earn their money. Give all that guaranteed money to more deserving veterans....

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I totally agree, they should only play for so much. They need to earn their money. Give all that guaranteed money to more deserving veterans....
:thumbup: Yep, this is where sports have it backward.

Can you imagine a new hire straight out of college being offered a 300m contract to work for Microsoft because he may have the potential to one day be the CEO?

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
:thumbup: Yep, this is where sports have it backward.

Can you imagine a new hire straight out of college being offered a 300m contract to work for Microsoft because he may have the potential to one day be the CEO?

and sadly it will never change. they get these agents in their ear telling them to get all they can now. doesnt the NBA have a limit on rookies? i may be wrong....

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
and sadly it will never change. they get these agents in their ear telling them to get all they can now. doesnt the NBA have a limit on rookies? i may be wrong....

You're right, the NBA does have a rookie cap and it's worked out well for them.

We'll see if the next CBA can include something like that. It'd be a bit of a hail mary, but we'll just Doug Flutie to mediate.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched a few interviews of him two years ago and came away thinking he was a pompous moron. I feel slightly vindicated for trash-talking him prior to the draft now. The guy just came off as a complete idiot.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
he looked to have gained alot of weight before last year's draft so it be should be no surprise to anyone. I remember his interview on ESPN news last year.I posted something like he came off as one of the dumbest people i had seen interviewed. I wanted no part of this guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05