James Conner Appreciation Thread

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is no doubt he is the heart and soul of this team. I would get his agent and talk to him about what it would take to get a two year extension right now. Not just for him, but for the morale of the rest of the team as well.
Yeah the agent probably wants 3 for sure but I’d sign a 2 year extension tonight.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the agent probably wants 3 for sure but I’d sign a 2 year extension tonight.
It's really all about the guaranteed money. Two v three should be pretty easy to work out given the amount of cap space we have.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In fairness he has softened just a tad lately
Pretty off with your call out here. I hated the signing and banged on him a while because he was always injured and fumble prone, but as he solidified him in the desert, have relented and admitted he was a great signing. Hit the reset button, @Shane :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It isn't rocket science. If Monti doesn't get some kind of extension done in the next month he is an incompetent book.
Have to bring him back. Three years would be Keim-ish, unless the third year is an easy out. Two, maybe, but again, want an out. But he has to come back at least for another year.

For as good as he is and has been, he is aging.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’ve been a Cards fan since I moved to AZ in 2003. He’s the best RB the Cards have had in my time as a fan.

Hmmm... interesting.

Kind of a low bar to be honest but I agree.

David Johnson before he stopped caring about football would be close. But Beanie and Edge didn't impact the game the way Conner does.

Good call.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Have to bring him back. Three years would be Keim-ish, unless the third year is an easy out. Two, maybe, but again, want an out. But he has to come back at least for another year.

For as good as he is and has been, he is aging.
It just depends on the structure. You can give him a 3rd year as long as it costs little to get out of.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I’ve been a Cards fan since I moved to AZ in 2003. He’s the best RB the Cards have had in my time as a fan.
Loved what Orlovsky said about JG considering him an assistant coach. On a young team that needs solid veteran leadership he is essential.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan