James Conner: Cardinals cleansed the roster of guys who didn’t put team first

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
*cough*Isaiah Simmons*cough*
Obviously it depends on the editing, but during the first episode of Hard Knocks with the Giants, when the new DC met with the larger front office/coaching staff, one of the first questions they showed was someone asking how Simmons fit into this guy's defensive scheme.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Some were let go or traded due to position upgrade. I wonder who were the bad apples. previous or post monti? Few or many?
The full article definitely reinforces it was pre Monti and the current regime has cleaned up those messes. WR seems like the most obvious position he was referring to given all of the turnover there (Hop, Green, Hollywood, Rondale). Maybe an Eno Benjamin type in his own position room.

Guys like Simmons, Marco Wilson, maybe Byron Murphy on defense would make sense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think this is Hopkins or Green. Green was gone before the new administration anyway and Hopkin went because he was costing $27m on a rebuilding team.

This is Myjai Sanders, Marco Wilson, Isaiah Simmon etc

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think this is Hopkins or Green. Green was gone before the new administration anyway and Hopkin went because he was costing $27m on a rebuilding team.

Keim was so terrible at his job

Hopkins was a cancer, he was good but not a team player

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hopkins was patient zero. His refusal to practice and superstar diva me first attitude was part of the cancer that needed to be removed from this new culture.

I do agree that Green was gone just because he was well past his prime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd