Jarvis Jones may be a "MUST DRAFT" for us

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For those of you who dont know, Jarvis Jones is the top rush OLB in the 2013 draft.

He is elite.

Period. Hes been so for a long time. Hes very comparable to Von Miller. Littany of rush moves. Extremely fast. Flexible. Big motor. Hes not really a "maybe he'll be good". Hes going to be very good. Von Miller or D Ware good? Most likely he will be. That kind of talent is very rare.

Aldon Smith tonight showed what a dominant pass rush can do. JJ wil be a top 5 pick, I say we do all that we can to draft him.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Theres a 80% chance im just speaking out of frustration of seeing how awesome having a beast pass rusher is. But Jarvis Jones is the next young elite pass rusher in the NFL.

Comes down to whether or not we go after the LT or the OLB. Good choice either way.

But I want an Aldon Smith type impact player SOOOO bad :(

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Can he play QB or LT? If not then I don't think he is a luxury we can afford, especially with our D playing so well this season.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
well if he doesn't fall because of medical issues, we won't have any chance of drafting him

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This defense went up against in my opinion the best offense in the NFC and shut them down. They were on their game against the Patriots. I'm by no means saying we do not need a elite pass rusher which the opponent would have to game plan around, BUT our OL and QB position is putrid at the moment. We do not have that luxury to entertain the notion of a LB right now in my opinion.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This defense went up against in my opinion the best offense in the NFC and shut them down. They were on their game against the Patriots. I'm by no means saying we do not need a elite pass rusher which the opponent would have to game plan around, BUT our OL and QB position is putrid at the moment. We do not have that luxury to entertain the notion of a LB right now in my opinion.

We were in the exact same position last April and took a Wide Receiver and then a CB. Who knows what the Cardinals will do.

I'm betting they think with Massie and Potter and Levi they are set at Tackle and the only thing they know about Guards is to replace a mediocre player with one who is worse and then that worse player with one who is even worse than him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm betting they think with Massie and Potter and Levi they are set at Tackle .

that is my fear

my fear is the Rod and Whis say to themselves -- you know, with Levi coming back, we are set at tackle

its possible -- but i dunno

the thing that makes me crazy is this: when you have an unsettled QB situation, you better have a good offensive line and be able to run the ball. It puts that unsettled QB in the best position to succeed, and allows you to truly evaluate what you have back there. ( see Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Massie has shown to be a good run blocker and will get better in pass protection. I do think the Cards are going to go with Brown and Massie at T position and have Potter be the backup. I'm not 100% against that. Joeckle is the only LT I like in the top 15. I'll pass on Tyler Lewan and Eric Fisher. I haven't decided yet on Matthews. I'm always leery of taking a college team's second best OT near the top of the draft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think Massie has shown to be a good run blocker and will get better in pass protection. I do think the Cards are going to go with Brown and Massie at T position and have Potter be the backup. I'm not 100% against that. Joeckle is the only LT I like in the top 15. I'll pass on Tyler Lewan and Eric Fisher. I haven't decided yet on Matthews. I'm always leery of taking a college team's second best OT near the top of the draft.

what would be nice is a true left tackle, move Levi to RT and the pass protection gets much, much better

you have depth at tackle, and Massie can learn guard

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
what would be nice is a true left tackle, move Levi to RT and the pass protection gets much, much better

you have depth at tackle, and Massie can learn guard
Think about it, the 3 hardest things for a team to acquire are a franchise QB, a pass rusher, and a true LT and the Cards have none of those. :mad:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We were in the exact same position last April and took a Wide Receiver and then a CB. Who knows what the Cardinals will do.

I'm betting they think with Massie and Potter and Levi they are set at Tackle and the only thing they know about Guards is to replace a mediocre player with one who is worse and then that worse player with one who is even worse than him.

Hey, Duck I said 'in my opinion' because I know what we are going to do too LOL...we are going to get a LB. We will look at our chart of players. We will have about 3 or 4 players ranked better than our position of need and take a LB. The problem with the ranking is that when you do not have a adequate OL or future QB, that is like getting the best exhaust system for your car when your engine has just pulled a rod. Yes, nice exhaust but your engine is freaking shot and forget about winning jack with that. :)

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He won't be there when we are picking. Unless we somehow get a top 4 pick.

We must get 2 pass rushers and 2 O-linemen with our first 4 picks IMO.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My guess at this point is OT (or Warmack) in the 1st. Pass rushers in the 2nd and 3rd, then best lineman available in the 4th.

I still can't believe we took Floyd with Reiff, Glenn, and Decastro staring at us. What an effed up pick he has turned out to be. Talent or no talent.

Hopper15

Rookie
Reaction score
Jones would be a heck of a pick.

A lot of people thought aldon smith was a reach at 7 including myself. Boy has he proved his doubters wrong.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones would be a heck of a pick.

A lot of people thought aldon smith was a reach at 7 including myself. Boy has he proved his doubters wrong.

coach mega guru whiz said about aldon smith that he doesnt fit for his system,he cant play OLB with a specific work is required to be OLB on his scheme..and he repeat his system works

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
coach mega guru whiz said about aldon smith that he doesnt fit for his system,he cant play OLB with a specific work is required to be OLB on his scheme..and he repeat his system works
The most talented player in the draft, Patrick Peterson, was available to the Cards at 5 and was the right choice. I would have loved to see the board meltdown if the Cards had taken Smith over PP.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The most talented player in the draft, Patrick Peterson, was available to the Cards at 5 and was the right choice. I would have loved to see the board meltdown if the Cards had taken Smith over PP.
overrated player with great athletic skills and fantastic returner,aldon smith is one of the 3 best pass rushers ,peterson is not even in the top 20 of the best CBs in the league

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
overrated player with great athletic skills and fantastic returner,aldon smith is one of the 3 best pass rushers ,peterson is not even in the top 20 of the best CBs in the league
Name me 19 CB's you'd rather have than Peterson.

Also, while he is talented, I think alot of Smith's sacks are the result of defensive holding. He was not the right choice for the Cards at 5. It's very easy to argue for a guy after he has a 5.5 sack night. There weren't too many arguments from anyone, and that includes NFL people, to take Smith over PP.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

1. This isn't a present tense conversation.
2. PP was the best pick at the time. No doubt. No question.

Levi, & Floyd are different stories though.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Name me 19 CB's you'd rather have than Peterson.

Also, while he is talented, I think alot of Smith's sacks are the result of defensive holding. He was not the right choice for the Cards at 5. It's very easy to argue for a guy after he has a 5.5 sack night. There weren't too many arguments from anyone, and that includes NFL people, to take Smith over PP.

This has been proven true. And the person next to him is a future hall of famer in his own right who is doing the holding.

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Jones is our guy, we better keep losing because he is going top three. My guy is Tyler Eifert, TE from Notre Dame. I know, I know, you're thinking what? We need O-line!!!! Yes we do, but my reasoning would take too long for me to type it all. Lol, free agency is where we must improve our line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky