Jarvis Jones may be a "MUST DRAFT" for us

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
overrated player with great athletic skills and fantastic returner,aldon smith is one of the 3 best pass rushers ,peterson is not even in the top 20 of the best CBs in the league

Not at the time he wasn't overrated. He actually fell to 5. Many had him rated the elite player of the entire draft. As yet still an unfinished work in progress, but still pretty good. Can still become as great as he wants....and he wants.

Smith had more questions of character and a limited resume and Rush backers can make an impact quicker. He also wouldn't be as dangerous without playing next to Justin Smith, the best down lineman in the NFL with the exceptions of Ngata and JJ Watt.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Props to Horton since he manufactures a good number of our sacks. I start to salivate when I think about what Horton could create with an elite pass rusher.

I agree the FO thinks we are good enough at OT with Levi coming back and development of Massie and Potter. Not saying I agree but the thought is not as crazy as some think.

The D is playing very well, especially considering how pitiful the O has been. There is room for improvement however so I'd be more than happy with a "can't miss" pass rusher.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at the time he wasn't overrated. He actually fell to 5. Many had him rated the elite player of the entire draft. As yet still an unfinished work in progress, but still pretty good. Can still become as great as he wants....and he wants.

Smith had more questions of character and a limited resume and Rush backers can make an impact quicker. He also wouldn't be as dangerous without playing next to Justin Smith, the best down lineman in the NFL with the exceptions of Ngata and JJ Watt.

people were saying the same exact thing as Suggs when he came into the league, that he wouldn't be nearly as successful without already coming to an incredible Ravens D... and he's pretty much proven to be one of the best defensive players of the decade.

Say what you want about Smith, but the kid looks like a beast regardless of who he's playing with. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that Niners D without him the previous two years was averaging the 15 ranked D int he league giving up 20 ppg versus being a top 3 defense the last two years giving up 14 ppg.

I don't care who you're playing with... when you come into the league as a rookie on a decent defense and immediately put up 14 sacks and then 15 and counting this year, while helping move the D up 10 spots in ranking and knocking 6 points off their points given up, you're pretty freaking good.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
people were saying the same exact thing as Suggs when he came into the league, that he wouldn't be nearly as successful without already coming to an incredible Ravens D... and he's pretty much proven to be one of the best defensive players of the decade.

Say what you want about Smith, but the kid looks like a beast regardless of who he's playing with. And correct me if I'm wrong, but that Niners D without him the previous two years was averaging the 15 ranked D int he league giving up 20 ppg versus being a top 3 defense the last two years giving up 14 ppg.

I don't care who you're playing with... when you come into the league as a rookie on a decent defense and immediately put up 14 sacks and then 15 and counting this year, while helping move the D up 10 spots in ranking and knocking 6 points off their points given up, you're pretty freaking good.
THEY HAVE PRETTY GOOD PUSH RUSHERS in the team but nobody is able to produce pressure or sacks like hiim...so he is a beast,he is a star,,and peterson is just a star in punt returning..as a cover corner is just above average

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I'm betting they think with Massie and Potter and Levi they are set at Tackle

What'd be even worse is if they reached on a tackle when there's an elite player sitting there like they did in taking Levi over Adrian Peterson.

Hopper15

Rookie
Reaction score

So you think he wouldn't be just as dangerous playing next to a beast like CC? If so I'm definitely not buying that.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is saying Aldon Smith is a bad player, or isn't talented, but it's ridiculouse to come back almost 2 years later and try to claim he should have been drafted over Peterson.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What'd be even worse is if they reached on a tackle when there's an elite player sitting there like they did in taking Levi over Adrian Peterson.

Or pass on a possible elite guard for a #4 Wide receiver. One thing about Arizona whether drafting bpa or for need you can count on them to take the wrong guy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This what Mikey Bidwill needs to do Duck for the first round. A day before the draft, request to see the top ten on our draft board...then cross all those guys off as possibilities for the staff to draft by executive order :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This what Mikey Bidwill needs to do Duck for the first round. A day before the draft, request to see the top ten on our draft board...then cross all those guys off as possibilities for the staff to draft by executive order :)

Great idea. I mean how many bad breaks can one team have with first round QBs? Namath, pisworthlessvic, Stouffer, and Leinart. And some would toss Rosenbach in there as well. :-(((

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky