Jeff Blake

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
as i noted earlier, ive watched him since college days and the way he played is how he always plays. he is gonna make some mistakes but his qb rating was 98%, 3 tds, 1 pick, 1 fumble and he led the league in passing yards this weekend. i think we need to worry a little more about defense, special teams and the off. line.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
no no no that isnt possable, we let our top 3 recievers go remember.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
no no no that isnt possable, we let our top 3 recievers go remember.

and our QB and RB.

So far no one that we let go has done anything.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by Floridacard
and our QB and RB.

So far no one that we let go has done anything.
And it doesnt matter if they do "anything" or not, they didnt do crap when they were here so it was time for change.

With all the mistakes and us shooting ourselfs in the foot, we have a much improved passing game.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys despite all the problems (which were many and varied) on Sunday, we did not have a problem at

QB (Could have been better but he did lead the league in passing as well)
WR - Q, nuf said
RB - 2 backs with 4+ yds per carry

Seems to me like this issue is dead.

Plummer sucked yesterday
SD sucked yesterday even with DB
Martay didn't play

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I thought I saw a point where Blake looked kind of tired. Very slow, at times. He actually looked like he was heaving for air, coming up to the line. Did anybody else see that?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by studiovx
I don't know about you guys, but I thought I saw a point where Blake looked kind of tired. Very slow, at times. He actually looked like he was heaving for air, coming up to the line. Did anybody else see that?

No

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
I don't know what game you were watch ing, but I thought blake sucked most of the game. Two wierd ball pop-outs, the int more than a few stumbles when he was rolling out. Quite a few passes the looked like crap. But then again he looked good on a few passes. His numbers were artificially high due the the great performance of boldin turning an 8 yard pass into a TD and such.

I guess it goes to show that when you talk as much smack as he did before the game you are just asking to fall on your face(he did that too:rolleyes: ).

The thing that pisses me off is that they did not go with the run as much as they should have. It was working and yet we still wen to the pass on all but the most obvious downs

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
WHAT GAME DID YOU WATCH? JEFF had a 98% qb rating and led the league in pass yards. without his great play, we get murdered.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtav10
WHAT GAME DID YOU WATCH? JEFF had a 98% qb rating and led the league in pass yards. without his great play, we get murdered.

Dont you mean without boldins play? Blake was not in control of the game he did not manage the clock. Emmitt was the only one to notice when the play clock ran down and he called the timeouts not blake. Blake, Boldin and the ST cost us the game.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:stupid:

I am just so confused about some the late play calling. It seems so out of place that I have to think there is more to this than just Blake being slow/bad. He has not shown that in past years.

There has to be more to this story and I'll bet JS is on the sideline next week.

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Like I said. His numbers are inflated buy the play of Q. Look at the Yards after catch and compare that to blakes passing yards. Also the two "Knife in the heart" scores were from his fumble and his INT.

I think the could have been won by running the ball more. They clearly could move it up on the ground. I mean come awne! The ran what? 8 times in the second half?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
:stupid:

I am just so confused about some the late play calling. It seems so out of place that I have to think there is more to this than just Blake being slow/bad. He has not shown that in past years.

There has to be more to this story and I'll bet JS is on the sideline next week.

Ill take that bet the only person who wants him on the field is him. He would always be with the WR's instead of the line or the RB's or blake. He needs to and will stay in the box.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point was they have to improve their play calling process. It seemed awful yesterday.

It has to be better next week, it can hardly be worse

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
jeff controlled the clock with a lot of good long drives and kept our d off the field. he made some big plays and a few mistakes. we had the ball about 10 more minutes than they did. if we have jake yesterday there wouldnt be the great plays by boldin cause jake only throws to running backs, thats all the arm he has. by the way, did you notice that freddies back in the game and that 8 guys caught passes. these are all the signs of a good qb.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree he should stay in the box, unless for some inconcievable reason he can't get his job done in the box. If that's true I think he should stick to being the wide receiver coach.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtav10
jeff controlled the clock with a lot of good long drives and kept our d off the field. he made some big plays and a few mistakes. we had the ball about 10 more minutes than they did. if we have jake yesterday there wouldnt be the great plays by boldin cause jake only throws to running backs, thats all the arm he has. by the way, did you notice that freddies back in the game and that 8 guys caught passes. these are all the signs of a good qb.

did you see all the times we had delay of game calls or almost delay of game calls? We wasted 4 timeouts for close delay of game calls. Unacceptable. Blake mismanged the clock and ala jake put himself in a hole he couldnt dig out of. He made many mistakes but only 2 of them were TO's.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Dont you mean without boldins play? Blake was not in control of the game he did not manage the clock. Emmitt was the only one to notice when the play clock ran down and he called the timeouts not blake. Blake, Boldin and the ST cost us the game.

We weren't in the game without Blake though.He did struggle with the playclock but Sully is already saying that was his fault getting plays in late.

hitting guys in stride so they can run after the catch is part of being a QB. I know it's a shock to Cards fans but it's the truth. boldin was insane yesterday but Blake made a lot of throws that we haven't seen around here in years.

Blake is NOT a superstar but how many Qb's in the NFL have thrown for that much yardage with total unknowns? I mean our #2 WR is Boldin, but who's our #1?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you see all the times we had delay of game calls or almost delay of game calls? We wasted 4 timeouts for close delay of game calls. Unacceptable. Blake mismanged the clock and ala jake put himself in a hole he couldnt dig out of. He made many mistakes but only 2 of them were TO's.

I'm beginning to see what the 1616 stands for.

we were ahead in this game until Boldin's muff.

Blake's mistakes came with the score 28-24 and 35-24, he did not "put himself in a hole" he put us in the lead for one of the few times in years.

He made 2 critical mistakes at bad times, but at least we were in a game for a change.

I think blake is the least of our problems, no wonder he has a chip on his shoulder though.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Were the delay of games Blake's fault or the coaches ? Reading the Tribune this morning the JS seemed to imply that he was slow.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
I'm beginning to see what the 1616 stands for.

we were ahead in this game until Boldin's muff.

Blake's mistakes came with the score 28-24 and 35-24, he did not "put himself in a hole" he put us in the lead for one of the few times in years.

He made 2 critical mistakes at bad times, but at least we were in a game for a change.

I think blake is the least of our problems, no wonder he has a chip on his shoulder though.

Im not a plummer fan(anymore) but blake made his fair share of mistakes. He fumbled without being touched. We were in the game until blake turned it over and boldin fumbled the punt. IMO the delay calls were his fault. He had no concpet of the clock. he did not even notice it run down. Smith was the only guy to notice. Blake never hurried to the line either. Blake put himself in a hole wether you believe it or not. If he didnt turn it over the game would still have been winable. There is enough blame to go around, I know, but blake was no angel yesterday.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not a plummer fan(anymore) but blake made his fair share of mistakes. He fumbled without being touched. We were in the game until blake turned it over and boldin fumbled the punt. IMO the delay calls were his fault. He had no concpet of the clock. he did not even notice it run down. Smith was the only guy to notice. Blake never hurried to the line either. Blake put himself in a hole wether you believe it or not. If he didnt turn it over the game would still have been winable. There is enough blame to go around, I know, but blake was no angel yesterday.

it was 21-14 us when they broke the punt return. Then we go out, they go out, punt, Quan muffs it, 28-21. Blake hits Johnson with a perfect adjustment floater on the move, he drops it, we kick a FG 28-24. Then Blake fumbles, and then Blake throws the pick, both AFTER we got behind. Did they kill our chances to come back, yes, did he put us behind, no. That's my point. he is not blameless he stopped any chance of a comeback, but he played well enough for us to have been 14 points up if not for the special teams.