Jets and Lions discussing deal?

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
The Journal News is reporting there were unconfirmed rumors that the Jets were thinking of swapping their first pick, 25th overall, and a defensive starter, to the Lions for the second overall pick.

Reportedly, the 'defensive starter' is linebacker Jonathan Vilma as his name has been the subject of many trade rumors the last few weeks.

With the second pick, one can only assume the Jets are looking at Brady Quinn.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
If that happens then there's a slim chance of Thomas dropping to us, but Thomas has to get by Browns and Bucs. If AP is there I hope the cards draft him. BPA period.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The Journal News is reporting there were unconfirmed rumors that the Jets were thinking of swapping their first pick, 25th overall, and a defensive starter, to the Lions for the second overall pick.

Reportedly, the 'defensive starter' is linebacker Jonathan Vilma as his name has been the subject of many trade rumors the last few weeks.

No way! They drafted Kellen Clemens last season. They're targeting Calvin Johnson

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Question:

If offered, should the Cardinals take that deal -- moving from #5 to #25 for J. Vilma

If the team felt that Vilma could be an very good WLB, I sure would consider it

Game

Reaction score
Johnson wont be there at 5 and Vilma is a MLB, so i doubt that trade is much of a possibility.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Question:

If offered, should the Cardinals take that deal -- moving from #5 to #25 for J. Vilma

If the team felt that Vilma could be an very good WLB, I sure would consider it

Absolutely. This gets us a SICK LB corps and at #25, we'd presumably have a ton of 2nd tier OL to chose from (Staley?) without reaching....

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
No way! They drafted Kellen Clemens last season. They're targeting Calvin Johnson

They have one of the most productive Wr tandems in the league last year and just extended one of them. This probably was for Peterson, but before they traded for Jones.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How do you know that they dont have their eyes on Calvin Johnson, quite possibly the best wr prospect ever? Lets not forget that they spent a first day pick on Kellen Clemens last year. From everything I have heard, they are very high on him. They also have been doing what good teams do and building up their lines. They could want Thomas to start at guard and eventually take Anthony Clement's spot @ RT. Beofe they made the trade for Thomas Jones, I would have made a case for them grabbing A.P..

Then again, you may be right. Mangini is from that pats and worked with Charlie Weiss. Weiss was quoted saying that Quinn is in the mold of Tom Brady and predicted him to be one of the top 3 qbs in the game w/in the next couple of years.

Overall, I would grab Johnson, and if the Jets pull this trade off I think they will too.