Jets New Stadium

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I personally think the outside looks much better on the NY one compared to the AZ one..

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
Lol, well a guy can always dream about having those looks with our price, yes?
True but I think when the stadium is done ours would have a unique look to it. The Jets stadium has a Reliant look to me, IMO.

arizona_cards_11

Registered
Reaction score
Our new stadium fits our enviroment, and the Jets new stadium fits their enviroment.

I don't think that a giant box would look good out in an open area.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
I think the exterior of that stadium is about as ugly as any stadium that I have ever seen. Maybe the Kingdome was worse. I like the asymmetry of ours much more than their big box.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

DMBills36

can't stop this
Reaction score
I can't wait for all of my NY tax dollars to go towards a team I hate. The citizens of NY that don't live around NYC continually pour money into NYC for rarely anything in return. :mad:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Mrh182 said:
i can't believe im the only one that digs it

I like it. I think alot of designers are taking a page from the Hawks stadium with the roof idea. The cards took it one step ahead after the D'backs roof.
I like the Jets stadium, it's very New York

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first picture is ugly... but the second picture is starting to grow on me. I love the inside of it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kinda has a classical look to it. Yet modern too. Interesting, but I like Glendale much better. Plus, we have the movable field. Nothing is cooler than that.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
They may have won the bidding for the land but its not close to being over. Cablevision will bring up some lawsuits that will tie up the court like John F Long did with our stadium.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A non-football guy I know who's fairly well plugged in politically (albeit from the Jersey side) says there are still plenty of planning hurdles in the way of getting the stadium built - primarily in areas having to do with infrastructure.

For example, anyone in NJ trying to get to a Jets game from NJ will either (a) have to go over the GW Bridge and take the Westside Highway or city streets southward or (b) face horrific traffic jams trying to get through the Lincoln Tunnel (which is already pretty dicey to get thru on Fall weekends).

Traffic to the Meadowlands on a Sunday is bad enough using major highways, but traffic having to share city streets and Hudson River crossings with the "normal" city traffic going to and fro other Sunday events - to get to a Stadium (& parking) in the West 30's - will result in "an oil painting."

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
If the IOC doesn't award the 2012 games to NYC in July, this thing will never get built.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan