JJ Arrington - How good can he be?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
apparently you're having a hard time shutting the hell up Shane. Don't ************ out there and wipe that snicker off those purty little lips you SOB.

Come on up! Sounds like fun. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My comparison of Arrington to Tiki Barber had mainly to do with the fact that Barber was considered by many to be too small to be an everydown back and (being small but shifty & quick) more suitable in a 3rd down role (The hope was that Ron Dayne would become the Giants' main ball carrier and provide a smashmouth presence). But Barber wound up being the Giants' main man - and a pretty good one at that.

I'd be the first to say that Tiki isn't the end-all of RB's (He'll run into streaks of putting the ball on the ground too much and if I recall, he sometimes got worn down and suffered nagging injuries) , but - as others have pointed out - he was pretty productive as the Giant's chief ballcarrier (often more productive, in fact, than our entire running attack).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Assface said:
Why do people keep saying rookies RB's don't do great? That's the easiest position to make the transition from college to NFL. While they do need to learn pass protection and other details, as far as just stats are concerned RBs often look great as rookies.

So true.

It is actually much harder to find a top RB who didn't have a very good rookie year than one who didn't.

Bettis,James,Tomlinson,Dillon,CMartin,JLewis,McGahee,Faulk and Portis all had big rookie years.

Those that didn't were usually playing behind someone like Alexander/Watters in Seattle,Davis/Terry Allen in Wash. and McAllister/RWilliams in NO, or got messed up by wearing a wedding gown for a magazine cover pic.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
apparently you're having a hard time shutting the hell up Shane. Don't ************ out there and wipe that snicker off those purty little lips you SOB.

Good grief Cheesy. If you're gonna pick on someone, don't pick on a cop. They carry guns------- ya know? :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Good grief Cheesy. If you're gonna pick on someone, don't pick on a cop. They carry guns------- ya know? :D

It's the tasers he should really be afraid of. Right Shane? :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40yearfan said:

you want some too old man? I got plenty more where that come from and I got guns, blondes, cockatoos and meeshagosh just waitin' to let loose till the cows go back Dairy!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
It's the tasers he should really be afraid of. Right Shane? :D

Yep. 3 out of the 6 nationwide deaths have been right here in Vegas.(although I say the tasers didnt cause the death) Butthats for another already engaged in debate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yep. 3 out of the 6 nationwide deaths have been right here in Vegas.(although I say the tasers didnt cause the death) Butthats for another already engaged in debate.

Butthats? Those come in small, medium and large?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I got guns, blondes, cockatoos and meeshagosh just waitin' to let loose till the cows go back Dairy!

Look Cheesy, we really don't want to know the intimate details of your sex life.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
40yearfan said:

Shane I am on the roof and have Cheesebeef on my scope!! Comon Sarg let me put him out of his pain and suffering.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards Czar said:
Shane I am on the roof and have Cheesebeef on my scope!! Comon Sarg let me put him out of his pain and suffering.

:thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:

You dirty SOB - i'll chew that thumb clear off if you don't get it out of my freakingface! Yeah - chew it off and stick back up those purty lips of yours MJ lover! I know that was you Shane letting those doves go down at the courtroom. Debiase! I know you! I OWE YOU!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
You dirty SOB - i'll chew that thumb clear off if you don't get it out of my freakingface! Yeah - chew it off and stick back up those purty lips of yours MJ lover! I know that was you Shane letting those doves go down at the courtroom. Debiase! I know you! I OWE YOU!

Cheesy, those weren't doves. They were pigeons. Shane stole em from Mike Tyson.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan