Joe Buck is the stupidest man alive

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He keeps calling SD KR Craig Davis, "Buster Davis". Idiot.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
This has played out on PFT too

POSTED 6:08 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 6:30 p.m. EDT, September 9, 2007
JOE BUCK SHOULD STICK TO BASEBALL
Part of the problem with being a smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all is that, when said smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all makes a mistake, folks who don't like the smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all will focus far more heavily on the gaffe than if the person committing the error were not a smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all.
Though we really don't have an opinion one way or the other on the smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all named Joe Buck, we've been flooded with e-mails regarding the fact that he continues to refer to Chargers receiver Craig Davis as "Buster Davis" during the Week One game between San Diego and Chicago.
Buck is at least in the ballpark; Buster Davis was a third-round pick in the 2007 draft. But there's no reason for him to be confusing Craig Davis with Buster Davis; Buster was selected by the Cardinals, cut on September 1, and signed to the Lions' practice squad. He has no connection to the Chargers or the Bears.
The e-mails we received complained about Buck calling Craig "Buster" on multiple occasions in the first half. We heard it with own our ears twice regarding the same play in the third quarter. And then four more times just before we posted this items, as Davis was preparing to return a punt.
Apart from the fact that Buck doesn't know the Chargers' lineup as well as he should, why isn't someone telling him that he's got it wrong?
We realize that Buck is "the guy" at FOX, but maybe it's asking too much for "a guy" to handle baseball and football.
UPDATE: We're now getting e-mails from people who are telling us that Davis's nickname is "Buster." Some initial Googling suggests that they are right. Still, Buck needs to make it more clear that he's using a nickname and that he merely isn't getting the guy's name wrong. He's officially listed as "Craig Davis"; by calling him "Buster" with another guy in the NFL whose name is "Buster Davis," Buck is inviting criticism. Especially since he's a smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all, in our opinion.
SECOND UPDATE: As evidenced by all of the e-mails I've received confirming that Craig is also "Buster," I've learned that the problem with being a smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all Internet hack is that when said smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all Internet hack makes a mistake, folks who don't like the smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all Internet hack will focus far more heavily on the gaffe than if the person committing the error were not a smarmy, metrosexual know-it-all Internet hack.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I like buck. he's professional and he is a tad more exciting than the aging summerall was.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like buck. he's professional and he is a tad more exciting than the aging summerall was.

He is no doubt exciting, and one of the best "voices" in sports, but his smug ass is such a mouthy jerk. I can't remember who it was (TO or Moss) or what exactly was the situation but he just made it a point to insert his holy, I am better than you, smug ass comment about something that was so trivial and not what he made it out to be.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is no doubt exciting, and one of the best "voices" in sports, but his smug ass is such a mouthy jerk. I can't remember who it was (TO or Moss) or what exactly was the situation but he just made it a point to insert his holy, I am better than you, smug ass comment about something that was so trivial and not what he made it out to be.

It was Moss pretending to "moon" the opponent's endzone fans after scoring a touchdown. Buck got on his high horse and went on what I would describe as a moral majority tirade. He was "disgusted" "appalled" or something like that. I don't like to listen to him.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think it was moss. but i won't shed a tear if someone rips T.O. or moss for their prior antics. I don't think many others will either.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was Moss pretending to "moon" the opponent's endzone fans after scoring a touchdown. Buck got on his high horse and went on what I would describe as a moral majority tirade. He was "disgusted" "appalled" or something like that. I don't like to listen to him.

YEssss! Exactly! Thank you! I was so mad. I just hate commentators who spend their air time trying to be the moral police. Just call the dang game!

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
He didn't bother me until the 2005 World Series (Astros-White Sox). After a few innings of listening to him I wanted to tell him to go down to the dugout and give Roger Clemens a (insert sexual act here). It would have been a lot quicker and easier than what Buck was doing, which was giving him the verbal equivalent.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That's nothing Chris Collinsoworth just said "Bill Parcells and the Patriots"....LOL

Lorenzo

Reaction score
as far as i know the moss remarks are his most contreversial remarks that i've seen. 90% of the time his is sharp and professional, which is all I would ask of a play by play guy.......while watching a neutral game of corse. that's his job. It's better than that cornheiser and gumble trash that bring off the wall remarks on a game by game basis.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He didn't bother me until the 2005 World Series (Astros-White Sox). After a few innings of listening to him I wanted to tell him to go down to the dugout and give Roger Clemens a (insert sexual act here). It would have been a lot quicker and easier than what Buck was doing, which was giving him the verbal equivalent.
what member of the media doesn't suck up to a great player during a game? especially clemens. of corse, this year is a different story. hopefully he will let it go.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Summerall is the biggest idiot out there and you can throw in the aging John Madden now as well. Hey Pat, you think you could get through the season without calling the Arizona Cardinals the St.Louis Cardinals?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont really hate any of these guys but Chris Berman really irritates me.. I hope he retires soon..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05