John Abraham DWI

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just heard on channel 12 news the reason Abraham was excused from camp for "personal" reasons is that he got a DWI last month. They mentioned a possible suspension but no other information.

(Edit: Source is Bob Mcmanaman, said suspension is likely. Not his first DWI)

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why not call a taxi?? Or get someone to take you home. I know when you are drunk you don't think straight, but if you know you are a getting to that point, start thinking of calling someone...:(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, if true, now it makes sense why Abraham was defending Washington's idiocy.

bunch of complete idiots in our LBing corps.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard on channel 12 news the reason Abraham was excused from camp for "personal" reasons is that he got a DWI last month. They mentioned a possible suspension but no other information.

(Edit: Source is Bob Mcmahon, said suspension is likely. Not his first DWI)

not his first DWI? what a POS and now it REALLY makes sense that he came to multiple idiotic moves made by Washout.

OP
OP
Darkside

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping against hope that there is more to this story (or maybe less). But I doubt it. Oh well, next non-idiot up.

Steve

OP
OP
Darkside

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
(Charged in NY, not sure if he was convicted, don't have time to look it up)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
according to this article, he's been in the program since 2003.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1866507

if true, and he got busted again, is he facing the same suspension as Washington? If so, I'm thinking our fans have no leg to stand on the criticize the Niners and their idiots at this point...or Harbaugh's apparent lack of control.

idiots will be idiots, no matter who the coach is.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

if true, and he got busted again, is he facing the same suspension as Washington? If so, I'm thinking our fans have no leg to stand on the criticize the Niners and their idiots at this point...or Harbaugh's apparent lack of control.

Yep... :mad:

Go check out the Suns forum for more proof!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Agreed.

OP
OP
Darkside

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Agreed.

It's up on Rotoworld now (no specifics):
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/290741/cardinals-olb-john-abraham-busted-for-dui

And AZCentral:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rrested-for-dui-in-suburban-atlanta/13300445/

Keim didn't sound concerned about it, so I hope it's just hand-wringing:
Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim made it sound as if nothing was particularly out of the norm.

"I'm not concerned at all," he said on Arizona Sports 620 during the Doug and Wolf show. "He'll be back at some point here."

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is getting really irritating.

Attachments

• Disappointed.jpg
    Disappointed.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 324

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he was given one phone call , he should have called Aldon Smith , "Yo Aldon , got myself in a mess over here , how do I get out of it " ?

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he was given one phone call , he should have called Aldon Smith , "Yo Aldon , got myself in a mess over here , how do I get out of it " ?
Maybe he did and has been in rehab the past month and that's why he's not in camp

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
well, if true, now it makes sense why Abraham was defending Washington's idiocy.

bunch of complete idiots in our LBing corps.

Maybe he has a bogus excuse like Clark Haggans did.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not call a taxi?? Or get someone to take you home. I know when you are drunk you don't think straight, but if you know you are a getting to that point, start thinking of calling someone...:(
This. How can you not call someone when you have all that money and resources?

here is your chance, Okafor.
Time to step it up

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
One of my favorite Cardinals Luis Sharpe has a story to tell- if they don't have time to read this- they don't have time to get well!

link
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...02/20110702arizona-cardinals-luis-sharpe.html

Finally, Sharpe asks me to look at his head.
The scars have faded but remain visible, remnants of a May 31, 2010, riot in which Sharpe says six or seven White men attacked him with homemade weapons, including broom handles and socks filled with locks and rocks.
I sit back down and Sharpe gently touches a depression under his right eye. It was here, he says, that he was struck with a lock in a sock, a blow that fractured his eye socket, requiring reconstructive surgery. He says he still suffers from headaches and dizziness. He wonders if he's suffered permanent brain damage.
We talk for a few more minutes. Almost as an aside, he says he's been in and out of prison since 1996.
"Fifteen years?" I say incredulously.
"Yeah," Sharpe says. "Longer than I played football."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...zona-cardinals-luis-sharpe.html#ixzz38otYTVAi

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A charge and a conviction are two different things. I'm being told he will beat the charge. Not making guarantees but i have reliable source on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
They even get a $200 Uber credit.

The entire league shares a $200k Uber account. The problem is players are afraid their bosses will track their nighttime activities if they tap into the account, so it's virtually useless.

Last edited:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The entire league shares a $200k Uber account. The problem is players are afraid their bosses will track their nighttime activities if they tap into the account, so it's virtually useless.

Every article I've seen says it is $200 per player, but, either way, if nobody is using it, it's a pretty slick marketing job by Uber. Tons of free publicity and no actual cost to pay out.

I thought the NFL used to have an unlimited free ride policy, too. Is that right? They must not be making enough money to offer that anymore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05