John Abraham DWI

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Every article I've seen says it is $200 per player, but, either way, if nobody is using it, it's a pretty slick marketing job by Uber. Tons of free publicity and no actual cost to pay out.

I thought the NFL used to have an unlimited free ride policy, too. Is that right? They must not be making enough money to offer that anymore.

You're right, it's $200. I was going off of info from Jurecki.

Still, it's not being utilized as much as it should. The only winner in this is Über, who in turn has player tweet about the service daily.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A charge and a conviction are two different things. I'm being told he will beat the charge. Not making guarantees but i have reliable source on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your source essemble furniture?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
The entire league shares a $200k Uber account. The problem is players are afraid their bosses will track their nighttime activities if they tap into the account, so it's virtually useless.
If players are worried about being tracked because of Uber, someone should break the secret to them about NFL security...The bosses already know.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The entire league shares a $200k Uber account. The problem is players are afraid their bosses will track their nighttime activities if they tap into the account, so it's virtually useless.

my 5 figure salary pays for cabs when I leave bars but these 7 figure salary players drive home.

Does your source essemble furniture?
lmao

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, at least he didn't beat up his wife or girlfriend.

seems like a debate for another thread of what is worse: beating a woman or drinking and driving?

Drinking and driving you can kill children.

There are degrees of DUI and degrees of assault that will complicate the debate.

StickManSmith

Reaction score
A charge and a conviction are two different things. I'm being told he will beat the charge. Not making guarantees but i have reliable source on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard on the radio this morning that he was parked and asleep when the cops found him. They weren't terribly clear on whether he'd driven at all that night though.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard on the radio this morning that he was parked and asleep when the cops found him. They weren't terribly clear on whether he'd driven at all that night though.

The way I heard it described on the radio was that he was passed out behind the wheel in an intersection.

StickManSmith

Reaction score
The way I heard it described on the radio was that he was passed out behind the wheel in an intersection.

Like I said, it wasn't clear. It started out parked, then pulled over, then in the road, then passed out in the intersection. I think they may have been exaggerating for shock value a bit. Will probably need a better source to be sure.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
seems like a debate for another thread of what is worse: beating a woman or drinking and driving?

Drinking and driving you can kill children.

There are degrees of DUI and degrees of assault that will complicate the debate.

Beating a woman can lead to..................... death.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Our off season was about nothing so much as drugs and alcohol and the wrecking of a perfectly good defense before the start of training camp.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember when the Cards wouldn't touch bad character/high risk type players?

We were pretty terrible all those years (for many other reasons as well)

I have to admit though, on a team that had almost nothing going for them any given year, I always admired the way the old man stayed away from obvious red flag types.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Remember when the Cards wouldn't touch bad character/high risk type players?

We were pretty terrible all those years (for many other reasons as well)

I have to admit though, on a team that had almost nothing going for them any given year, I always admired the way the old man stayed away from obvious red flag types.

Erm--didn't we have a fullback/special teams player that was running a drug syndicate in the Mac years?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erm--didn't we have a fullback/special teams player that was running a drug syndicate in the Mac years?

Yeah, and there were players who had cocaine issues in the 90s. If there is one professional sports team in the US that hasn't had a myriad of drug, alcohol and legal issues over the last 30 years I'd be surprised.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the DUI isn't the issue here it is if the guy still wants to play and if the cards think he is worth it. This is his last year and he can probably get this thing delayed beyond the season so it never affects his playing status. What the heck was the guy doing at a strip joint at 4pm and cringing enough to pass out at an intersection? Comeonman!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Did he have a history of running drug syndicates when they picked him up?

I'm not saying the Cards have never had bad character guys, but I distinctly remember a long period where we wouldn't touch a guy with a questionable history.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, and there were players who had cocaine issues in the 90s. If there is one professional sports team in the US that hasn't had a myriad of drug, alcohol and legal issues over the last 30 years I'd be surprised.

Professional hockey certainly seems to have avoided these issues writ large.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Professional hockey certainly seems to have avoided these issues writ large.

Hockey is a EXTREMELY different sports environment than any other sport.

Between equipment, aka money, and ice time (usually extreme early morning, or some other very inconvenient time).

It takes a certain surrounding, and support system to have the opportunity to play the sport.

But, the sports are not without their own warts, Semyon Varlamov is a wife/girlfriend beater. Patrick Kane was Johnny Manziel before Johnny Manziel.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
UBER is fantastic ....no reason not to use it. While in Phoenix I've used it a ton...it's cheap and they are there FAST. Anyone signing up us my code SBAILY and you'll get $25 free. That's equivalent to your first 2 rides.

OP
OP
Darkside

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice man, well done.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics