Jones out

seesred

Reaction score
KFFL reports

Cowboys' Jones Unlikely to Play

Dallas Cowboys RB Julius Jones (ankle) was on the field Wednesday, Oct. 26, going through rehab drills with resistance training. However, it appears he will not play for a third straight game due to an injured left ankle. He will use the Bye Week to get closer to 100 percent for the team's Nov. 14 game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Rookie RB Marion Barber is expected to handle the bulk of the workload again during Week 8.

Every little bit helps

GBR

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
seesred said:
Every little bit helps

Havent we said this before.

The bears running back shredded us (forgot his name)

CAR's Nick Goings shredded us.

As well as countless others....

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Marion Barber is no joke!

My guess is he winds up with 20-25 carries 100-125 yards and 2 scores...Better pick him up in your fantasy leagues!!!

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score
seesred said:
Dallas Cowboys RB Julius Jones ...will not play for a third straight game due to an injured left ankle.

Rookie RB Marion Barber is expected to handle the bulk of the workload again during Week 8.

I just hope they don't try and run both of them - a hybrid running back named Marion Jones. They'd be fast and with Pittman gone, there's no one left to hit them! :D

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
DakotaCardsFan said:
I just hope they don't try and run both of them - a hybrid running back named Marion Jones. They'd be fast and with Pittman gone, there's no one left to hit them! :D
:biglaugh:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far this year, Marion Barber has appeared in 4 games, had 35 carries for 126 yards (3.6 average) and no touchdowns. His longest run was 14 yards.

Doesn't sound very scary to me.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
So far this year, Marion Barber has appeared in 4 games, had 35 carries for 126 yards (3.6 average) and no touchdowns. His longest run was 14 yards.

Doesn't sound very scary to me.
last week he was 22 carries for 95 yards...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going by his stats on NFL.com. I guess they haven't put last weeks' stats on the board yet.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did notice that he's fumbled twice. Maybe Dansby will give him a little kiss and knock the ball loose.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
I did notice that he's fumbled twice. Maybe Dansby will give him a little kiss and knock the ball loose.
Hello Mr. Barber, meet Mr. Dansby...

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
"last thing i remember is trying to take it outside - then I was on the bench with an assistant trainer waving smelling salts in front of me..."

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Something that seems to have been missed by all of us is just how much better we have got against the run recently.

We are now ranked 12th against the run giving up 4.1 YPC.

For comparisons sake, Dalls is ranked 7th also giving up 4.1 YPC but giving up less yds overall.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Something that seems to have been missed by all of us is just how much better we have got against the run recently.

We are now ranked 12th against the run giving up 4.1 YPC.

For comparisons sake, Dalls is ranked 7th also giving up 4.1 YPC but giving up less yds overall.

Since Darling's return we have been tougher against the run. Of course it doesn't hurt that the last 3 games have been against teams who are also struggling in the rushing department.

The Shark

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
seesred said:
KFFL reports

Cowboys' Jones Unlikely to Play

Dallas Cowboys RB Julius Jones (ankle) was on the field Wednesday, Oct. 26, going through rehab drills with resistance training. However, it appears he will not play for a third straight game due to an injured left ankle. He will use the Bye Week to get closer to 100 percent for the team's Nov. 14 game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Every little bit helps

GBR
Now if we can add Roy Williams to that injury list we have a chance :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
I was going by his stats on NFL.com. I guess they haven't put last weeks' stats on the board yet.

No, you are correct. Last weeks game is included in your stats.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Opinions?

az1965 said:
Hello Mr. Barber, meet Mr. Dansby...

I have no recollection of a QB ever being cracked so hard as I saw Dansby hit Volek last week...that was pure, unadulterated speed, power and attitude... what a friggin hit!

It was the best play of the game, besides the JM to LF pass for the TD....otherwise not much to recall!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JC_AZ said:
I have no recollection of a QB ever being cracked so hard as I saw Dansby hit Volek last week...that was pure, unadulterated speed, power and attitude... what a friggin hit!

It was the best play of the game, besides the JM to LF pass for the TD....otherwise not much to recall!

If Dansby were to hit Bledsoe like that on Sunday its the "Hello, Steve Young early retirement plan!"

The Shark

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
If Dansby were to hit Bledsoe like that on Sunday its the "Hello, Steve Young early retirement plan!"

The Shark

Does anybody here have a video link to that hit? I would like to peep it...

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
JC_AZ said:

I think the hit from Dockett on the previous drive really helped on his way to the bench also.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry to nitpick; but anyone skimming the topics and not bothering to read the contents would assume that Jones was officially "out."

Not so. His official status (as of Fri am) is still "questionable" and not "out." Parcells still says "he doesn't know" if Jones will be available to play Sunday.

A more accurate headline would have been: "Jones Unlikely."

Logically, it would make sense if the Cowboys would rest Jones for two more weeks (since next week is a bye week for them).

Also - while KFFL has useful and accurate info, they do what we do - namely, troll for the latest reports from the League, AP, local media or team press releases. For this reason, if you have up-to-date access to any of these four sources, your information will occasionally be more timely than KFFL.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI ESPN says he's almost certainly out, and Parcells is now subtly ripping him saying he's "got to be concerned" that Jones has now missed 11 1/2 games in 24 career NFL games so far implying that Jones is not durable.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
JC_AZ said:

It was a crushing hit. Volek didn't know what hit him.

TheAnswer42

Bleeding Blue and Silver
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Sorry to nitpick; but anyone skimming the topics and not bothering to read the contents would assume that Jones was officially "out."

Not so. His official status (as of Fri am) is still "questionable" and not "out." Parcells still says "he doesn't know" if Jones will be available to play Sunday.

A more accurate headline would have been: "Jones Unlikely."

Logically, it would make sense if the Cowboys would rest Jones for two more weeks (since next week is a bye week for them).

We 'Boys fans have learned to read between the lines of Parcells-speak. Hotstepper is out for this week. He didn't practice with the normal group. Spending most of his time doing rehab training.

I think it's smart to keep him out this week. He misses one game (that we really should be able to win without him) and he gets 2 weeks off. After this we have 3 games in 10 days against PHI DET and DEN. We're going to need what JJ brings to the table in those games. They won't be easy with him, much less without our main running threat.

He plays against y'all, aggravates his injury, and we lose him for 3 very important games. That would NOT be good.

I'd rather lose to AZ without JJ and get the better odds against the Smeagles, Kittens, and Horses-tails.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
JC_AZ said:

The Maclin INT was not only very athletic but a real game changer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser