Julio traded for Yusmeiro Petit

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
How many times have the Diamondbacks ever traded a young prospect (at least one that was any good) for a mediocre reliever?

In the franchise's first 5 years:

Tony Batista for Dan Plesac
Brad Penny for Matt Mantei
Jack Cust for Mike Myers
Duaner Sanchez for Mike Fetters

Bastita had 191 HRs after the trade. Penny has 74 career wins. Sanchez has over 200 career apperances with a sub-4 ERA.

Granted, Cust was a bust. And Mantei did have 2 good seasons in the 6 years we were paying him. But I think we're much better off developing our young players (like we're doing with our entire lineup now) as opposed to trading them for non-elite veterans.

Go D-backs.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
julio came into the 6th inning with a big defecit today - loaded them up and walked in a run.............

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Not in the immediate future. If Scherzer ever signs, he has potential to be our future closer

Sherzer has the nastiness in terms of his stuff to be a future closer indeed. I also think Jailen Peguero or Tony Pena could man the role eventually.

Another who I think might not be TOO bad in the role is Nippert.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Sherzer has the nastiness in terms of his stuff to be a future closer indeed. I also think Jailen Peguero or Tony Pena could man the role eventually.

Another who I think might not be TOO bad in the role is Nippert.

I have been pleasantly surprised at how well Nippert has done out of the pen so far. It seems as if he'll add plenty of value to the bullpen and there's no shame in that on his behalf. The pen will get another big boost this week with the addition of either Gonzalez or Owings (I hope it's Gonzalez). Hopefully Scherzer signs

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
In the franchise's first 5 years:

Tony Batista for Dan Plesac
Brad Penny for Matt Mantei
Jack Cust for Mike Myers
Duaner Sanchez for Mike Fetters

Bastita had 191 HRs after the trade. Penny has 74 career wins. Sanchez has over 200 career apperances with a sub-4 ERA.

Granted, Cust was a bust. And Mantei did have 2 good seasons in the 6 years we were paying him. But I think we're much better off developing our young players (like we're doing with our entire lineup now) as opposed to trading them for non-elite veterans.

Go D-backs.

What I meant was, "He's about to bust out this year." :D

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Since this thread was bumped...

Julio traded for former DBacks Kim... Garbage for garbage.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the guy the they got when they traded Karim Garcia. Until I stopped liking him. The Schilling trade, with Phillies not Red Sox, was excellent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05