Just a hunch

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
Discussing close associations and one where you could trust someone to keep a secret...where is Cotton's son working now...if he still has a job in the NBA. He use to work with Cleveland and we had a lot of trades in that court and then I think he moved to the Warrior's camp. I could be wrong in that conclusion. So look more to doing a trade wherever Cotton's son now has some influence. Who does Golden State have that we would want and could do a feasible trade with?

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Who does Golden State have that we would want and could do a feasible trade with?

I'm trying to remember. Do the Warriors have any sort of center who's rumored to be on the way out? ;)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Who does Golden State have that we would want and could do a feasible trade with?

I'm trying to remember. Do the Warriors have any sort of center who's rumored to be on the way out? ;)
lol...

I do agree LaFrentz is a solid center who does make an impact at times. He is NOT a stiff at all.

He does seems soft, but he would be a definite upgrade.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Boston has now resigned Blount, so they may look to move LaFrenz or Mihm.

As far as trading JJ or Marion, I really do not want to trade either of them, but if pushed would trade Marion before JJ.
JJ is paid a lot less for now and I really believe he has great upside and in another year will be one of the best 2g's in the league. He is better than many right now.

P.S. last time I checked, Cottons sun was with Golden State.

:thumbup:

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I would definitely do that. Wonder if that might be a possibility if they don't sign Manu... :confused:
If they somehow sign Kenyon Martin and not ginobilli, i think nene could be tradeable, but who knows. according to hoopshype, kiki said he didnt want to trade nene.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I dont like the trade for the Suns, but I could defintely see something like this being in the works.

There would have to be a good amount of extra compensation however....

Delonte West and Jiri Welsch would work number wise. Davis and Welsch play the same position, and Davis is locked up already. Welsch could be a very nice 6th or 7th guy.

I would have to at least think about a

Lafrentz
Welsch
West
future 1st

for

Marion

Deal........

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I would have to at least think about a

Lafrentz
Welsch
West
future 1st

for

Marion

Deal........

No thanks. At least they should take Eisley.

Marion and Eisley for LaFrentz, Ricky Davis and their #1 pick next year.

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
slinslin said:

I like that better but it's not gonna happen.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't want Ricky Davis. The team will have a lot of new players, so chemistry will already be a potential problem.

I like thegrahamcrackr's idea.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't often agree with Eric, but I could see the Suns doing something like this. I may not like it, but I don't think it is as unreasonable as it is being portrayed.

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
elindholm said:
I don't want Ricky Davis. The team will have a lot of new players, so chemistry will already be a potential problem.

Ricky Davis = Trade

Hopefully.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Eric a lot of the time, but I don't think Raef LaFrentz is even on the outskirts of the Phoenix Suns' radar. I certainly don't think they're going to give Shawn Marion for him.

Joe Mama

cly2tw

Reaction score
slinslin said:

I was pondering over exactly the same deal the moment I read Eric's opening post. If they acquire Marion, Davis is really redundant to them, not to mention he didn't mesh well with Pierce last season. But Davis is a really great, even better than Marion, athlet. I would do it, if LaF is indeed healthy.

cly2tw

Reaction score
elindholm said:

Particularly because everybody is new, Davis wouldn't pose too much of a chemistry problem initially. Anyway, his contract is gonna be a lot easy to move than Eisley's. Besides, with Graham's, we get more salary back while with slin's we get less back which may make difference regarding other FA moves this off season.

Moreover, with a Q/JJ/Davis/Nash/Barbosa rotation in the Sf/SG/PG, we have the potential to match the defensive intensity, or even more, the Pistons displayed in the Finals. Everyone in this group is already, or has the potential to become, a better one-one-one scorer Marion is. Just imagine the athletism in this group! If the coach can inject discipline in the team like Brown did with Pistons, we are gonna be a force in this league. I love this deal even better now!

LaF/Amare/JJ/Q/Nash

Jake/Dice/Lampe/Vroman/Zarko/Davis/CJ/Barbosa

Or a dynamic big starting five: Dice/Amare/Davis/Q/JJ :thumbup:

Last edited:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not excited about trading a healthy, athletic starter for a guy who lost the previous season due to injuries and has a big contract running until 2008.

I actually like LaFrentz, but I think we should consider that at 6'11" 245 he is actually just a shot blocking PF rather than a center. Some people say that Nene isn't really center, but Nene is at least 20 pounds heavier than Raef. My guess is he will be at PF with Blount at center this season.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I dont think any of this is gunna happen.... But............................

The Suns seem to like 2 things in a center. A good Jumpshooter, and shotblocking.

That is LaFrentz to a "T".

I thin he would help our team, but we would have to get get ALOT of compensation if we sent Marion over for him.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I just dont see how unloading Eisley and Marion to get Raef LaFrentz + goodies makes us a better team. We would be taking a step backwards to just get another average center, so I just dont see it happening. Then again I wouldnt be surprised if BC tried to pull something like this.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05