Just got back from SF

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I hate Monday night games. My heart can't take it anymore.

Some thoughts:

1. Monster Park is officially the worst stadium in the NFL. What a dive. It reminds me of SDS.
  2. It was F'n freezing in the upper deck.
  3. SF fans were LOUD!
  4. I was the only Cards fan in my section and they all let me know it. Man that was crazy.
  5. I can't believe we blew another 4th Quarter lead with only seconds remaining.
  6. There were 2 nutty Cards fans in the section over from me that kept holding up the flag for the State of Arizona. They had some big stones. They were involved in a couple skirmishes.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like a good time. Too bad there was no happy ending.

To resurgence!

I am starting to get mad about the loss, but in a good way, and I know the team feels the same way.

redforceone

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, I hate Monday night games. My heart can't take it anymore.

Some thoughts:

1. Monster Park is officially the worst stadium in the NFL. What a dive. It reminds me of SDS.
  2. It was F'n freezing in the upper deck.
  3. SF fans were LOUD!
  4. I was the only Cards fan in my section and they all let me know it. Man that was crazy.
  5. I can't believe we blew another 4th Quarter lead with only seconds remaining.
  6. There were 2 nutty Cards fans in the section over from me that kept holding up the flag for the State of Arizona. They had some big stones. They were involved in a couple skirmishes.

I could not agree with you more about the Monday Night loss! My wife and I were the only Cards fans in 2 different sections we had tickets...and they let us know it as well. In the beer line I was talking football with one guy, then I mentioned how I am glad not to still be watching NFL at SDS and he about flipped when he looked closer and saw the RED BIRD! At least our colors were close enough so all the drunken 9er fans couldn't really tell.

Here are some pictures we took while tailgaiting - we ended up with a pretty good turn out.

www.redforceone.com/MNF.html

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
if you couldnt get a happy ending at the game, theres always the strip club.

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
I was there as well but got there late because of traffic. It was dang cold and lonely representing our cards. I couldn't believe it took me two hours to get out of our parking lot.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Whenever I've been the only Cardinals fan somewhere people were generally nice. I'm sure pity played a role.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was there also.
For the most part it was a great time, except for the outcome of the game. I was fortunate enough to be sitting with a few other Cards fans.
We tok a lot of grief walking up to the stadium, we were wearing Cards jerseys. I don't know if I'd do that again. Some of the abuse was in good fun and some was not. There were a couple of times I wondered if it was going to get ugly. One time I was goimg to the bathroom and I actually took a forearm to the chest, real class.
The stadium is horrible, very outdated, not a very good experience for fans.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
I could not agree with you more about the Monday Night loss! My wife and I were the only Cards fans in 2 different sections we had tickets...and they let us know it as well. In the beer line I was talking football with one guy, then I mentioned how I am glad not to still be watching NFL at SDS and he about flipped when he looked closer and saw the RED BIRD! At least our colors were close enough so all the drunken 9er fans couldn't really tell.

Here are some pictures we took while tailgaiting - we ended up with a pretty good turn out.

www.redforceone.com/MNF.html

The 49ers fans we were sitting near in SEC 7 endzone upper we're on par with Raider fans. My buddies had Tillman jerseys on and the 49er fans smack talked and disrespected the 40. I have been to many road games and the Tilly is usually a good icebreaker. Not Monday night.

We had beers knocked out of our hands and three near brawls, all of which were induced by the niner fans around us. We didn't back down. Kept up our smack talk, thou we held back on any haymakers due to the shear volume against us.

We stumbled onto your tailgate just before we walked into the stadium. Props to whoever handed me and my buddies the MGD's from the large white cooler.

I guess I was around long enough to get into a few of your pics. img 0713 and 0714. I've got the AW #24 on. Which I got a ton of snack from the niner fans saying who is Wilson. If they really didn't know, they do now.

Wish we could have walked out a winner!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The other cool thing that happened was;
I went to the bathroom with about four minutes left in the game and on my way back to my seat a bunch of security people surrounding a short bearded guy wisked by me.
Obiviously it was Mr Bidwill Sr. They were walking behind the section I was in, you could access the field from there. I caught up with them and yelled out "Mr Bidwill" a couple of times he heard me and turned and looked at me and I said "thank you" to him.
He kind of nodded his head and smiled before the security people got him moving again.
I thought it was kind of cool.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i heard SF is a nightmare - doesn't take much to get all that 80s arrogance pumping again - they may paint themselves a little different, but that whole area is nothing but raiders fans at heart

idiotic that people feel the need to disrespect another person because of the shirt they're wearing

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
The other cool thing that happened was;
I went to the bathroom with about four minutes left in the game and on my way back to my seat a bunch of security people surrounding a short bearded guy wisked by me.
Obiviously it was Mr Bidwill Sr. They were walking behind the section I was in, you could access the field from there. I caught up with them and yelled out "Mr Bidwill" a couple of times he heard me and turned and looked at me and I said "thank you" to him.
He kind of nodded his head and smiled before the security people got him moving again.
I thought it was kind of cool.

cool story! I bet it made his day (night) before the curse kicked in.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly the stadium does take getting used to. I grew up going to Giants games there(and several Cards/49ers games) so I'm used to the idea that you freeze there at night. The bathrooms suck, the food lines are situated poorly so it blocks main traffic etc.

Getting out of the stadium sucks, and if you take a wrong turn hello downtown Hunters Point (major high crime area).

The parking sucks, spaces are too narrow, too many problems with tailgaters taking up multiple spaces so others can't park. The dirt spaces are usually mud this time of year, there are companies nearby that will sell access to their parking lots but be careful, I know people who've been towed because the person selling the access didn't have the right to do so.

I loved the stick for baseball, but for football it's not very good the setup is just all wrong.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
  1. There were 2 nutty Cards fans in the section over from me that kept holding up the flag for the State of Arizona. They had some big stones. They were involved in a couple skirmishes.

Were you in section 57 with (I believe) a Fitzgerald jersey on? If so, I was sitting behind and to the left of you in row 13. Also, I saw the two Cards fans with the Arizona flag. They got kicked out after the Cards scored the 4th quarter touchdown because of a skirmish they didn't start, unless waving the flag around is considered starting it. Maybe fans behind them were getting mad because it was blocking their view of the field? Regardless, they didn't deserve the ass kicking they got, and I expected better from Niner fans. That was disgraceful.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you in section 57 with (I believe) a Fitzgerald jersey on? If so, I was sitting behind and to the left of you in row 13. Also, I saw the two Cards fans with the Arizona flag. They got kicked out after the Cards scored the 4th quarter touchdown because of a skirmish they didn't start, unless waving the flag around is considered starting it. Maybe fans behind them were getting mad because it was blocking their view of the field? Regardless, they didn't deserve the ass kicking they got, and I expected better from Niner fans. That was disgraceful.

Um waving an opposing flag in an opposing stadium is good enough reason to get your ass kicked. I'd like to see more of it at UoP.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Um waving an opposing flag in an opposing stadium is good enough reason to get your ass kicked. I'd like to see more of it at UoP.

Thats idiotic, its a sporting event, not a war.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's idiotic to go into someone else's stadium and act like a fool.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
act like a fool yes

waiving a flag no

if someone waves a flag at me I really don't give a rip because it doesn't do anything to me

if someone throws a beer, a rock or something else - then offense is taken

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great time man to bad the cards didnt get a win uh :( But way to show your cardinal colors GOOD JOB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05