Just got back from the game...

SunDevil

Reaction score
I was down on the field before the game and I met Michael Bidwill. I shook his hand and was talking to him about the team and about our chances in this game. Seemed like a very nice guy.

About the game...

- Not sure what happened on the Rackers field goal miss. I was watching him in pregame and he was nailing kicks from 60 yards out with plenty of room to spare. That field goal miss barely made the distance and just looked awful from where I was sitting.

- I thought the AW roughing call was horrible. Did not look like a penalty from where I was.

- Warner looked 10 times the QB Leinart was today, obviously.

- Not a single Ravens fan said a word to me on the way in or on the way out. They were all classy.

I'll post some more if I think of anything...

SunDevil

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
I was down on the field before the game and I met Michael Bidwill. I shook his hand and was talking to him about the team and about our chances in this game. Seemed like a very nice guy.

About the game...

- Not sure what happened on the Rackers field goal miss. I was watching him in pregame and he was nailing kicks from 60 yards out with plenty of room to spare. That field goal miss barely made the distance and just looked awful from where I was sitting.

- I thought the AW roughing call was horrible. Did not look like a penalty from where I was.

- Not a single Ravens fan said a word to me on the way in or on the way out. They were all classy.

SunDevil

sorry they couldnt pull one out the bag for you today.

what were the Ravens fans making of their team? did they seem happy or did they think they were poor?

OP
OP
S

SunDevil

Reaction score
I live in the Baltimore area and the fans here are very worried. They have blown big leads the last two weeks. They were also giving us a lot of credit, but they are definitely very worried about their team.

SunDevil

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

About the game...

SunDevil
I dont believe you were there. Classy is the last word on earth I would ever use to describe Baltimore fans. They couldn't even spell that. Matter of fact, I doubt there were more than 100 Baltimore fans there who had all the neccessary teeth needed in order to correctly pronounce the word. Any classy people in this area root for the Redskins, never the Ravens. Only alcoholics and redneck, hillbilly, drug addict losers root for them. I was harrassed everywhere I went throughout the game, as was everyone I was with. Did you wear a purple cardigan to the game? :)

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score

How did you get on the field?

I ask because someone who knows I'm a die-hard Cardinal fan gave me 5th row, 50 yardline tickets for the Redskin game, on the visitor side of the field. I'm wondering if I should try to score a few autographs before the game starts.

Hands down best seats I've ever had for a Cardinal game.

Go Cards!!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

About the game...

SunDevil
I'm sure it was Michael Bidwill that you met & yes, he is a really nice guy. Sorry, but that Bidwill, Bidwill thing drives me crazy. Sorry again. I was at the game also & agree with your assessments above.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure it was Michael Bidwill that you met & yes, he is a really nice guy. Sorry, but that Bidwill, Bidwill thing drives me crazy. Sorry again. I was at the game also & agree with your assessments above.

I have to say that I also met quite a few derelicts today. I'm recovering from a heart condition, so I was trying to behave myself. I had a few people touch me & if I were about 5 yrs younger, there would have been retribution.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
most of the Ravens fans i met at the game we pretty good. There was some joking around and things but it was all in good fun.All of them that i met had nothing but good things to say about the Cards. On a side note,they need to get rid of that annoying "move the chains" chant.

OP
OP
S

SunDevil

Reaction score
How did you get on the field?

I ask because someone who knows I'm a die-hard Cardinal fan gave me 5th row, 50 yardline tickets for the Redskin game, on the visitor side of the field. I'm wondering if I should try to score a few autographs before the game starts.

Hands down best seats I've ever had for a Cardinal game.

Go Cards!!!

I got the field pass from my work. We have a luxury box and get 4 field passes for each game.

That also could be why I did not have any trouble, since I was in the suite. However, no one said anything to me on the way into the stadium or on the way out.

Russ Grimm was about 15 feet from me talking to some guys. I wanted to talk to him as well, but I could not get close enough...

SunDevil

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
The ravens fans to me:
I would say I got about 30% classy, 40% bad looks, and 30% absolute jackasses.

I got a few people who came up to me though and said they would have given me crap but I had a Tillman jersey on, and it was the one opposing team jersey they didn't mind seeing in their stadium.

There were a bunch of guys from The Wire who were sitting behind me making bets with me the whole game, and one of them started calling me Tillman. Then in the 3rd quarter he points to me in the back and says, who the hell is Tillman anyway? And his friends looked at him and just started ripping into him.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Oh and I saw some guy in a Fitz jersey as I was leaving the game who looked like he was about to go to blows with some old 40+ year old Ravens fans. It was kind of weird. I only saw for a second but they were walking next to each other, Ravens guys were in his grill, he told them to go F themselves, and they split apart.

That was about the worst I saw.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

About the game...

SunDevil
By any chance were you with your wife and two daughters who were wearing Card's jerseys?

OP
OP
S

SunDevil

Reaction score
By any chance were you with your wife and two daughters who were wearing Card's jerseys?

No. My wife was at home with our two kids. They are too young to come out to the games.

I was the red-haired kid wearing the old school Fitz jersey, if anybody happened to see me :)

SunDevil

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05