Kearse's Agent re: Titans...

MadRob

Rookie
Reaction score
They don't seem too concerned about being over the salary cap, do they??? They said that "We are working our way through it,'' ''When we get down to the last few days then I think things will pick up.'' Seems like the thinking is it shouldn't be a problem????

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadRob
They don't seem too concerned about being over the salary cap, do they??? They said that "We are working our way through it,'' ''When we get down to the last few days then I think things will pick up.'' Seems like the thinking is it shouldn't be a problem????

Seems to me that the cap is never a problem to teams that don't want it to be a problem. I've always had some doubt about Kearse hitting the market. I'd say it's about 50/50 right now.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah, BUT they're roughly 16 meeeeeeeellion dollars over the cap right now.

That's a problem.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vince56
yeah, BUT they're roughly 16 meeeeeeeellion dollars over the cap right now.

That's a problem.

At the same point last year, the Raiders were 50 million over. They got under by basically cutting only two guys and doing restructures. So, if the Titans really, really want to keep him I don't think the cap will stop them.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
At the same point last year, the Raiders were 50 million over. They got under by basically cutting only two guys and doing restructures.

Kinda ironic how great a season the Raiders had then, huh? :) I hear you though. Somehow the titans will get under the cap. I just hope they don't have to dismantle their team. They've been fun to watch the last few years.