keep the third pick, draft Fitz

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Re: Trading down with Cleveland

If I am either Rod Graves or Dennis Green I am demanding that the Browns pony up Lee Suggs instead of Dennis Northcutt. Why go out and get a malcontent (Northcutt)? I would only do the deal if Cleveland ante's up the #7, Lee Suggs, and their 2nd rounder. If not then I trade down one spot with the Giants if they come calling. Otherwise I would stay at #3, trust your draft board and take the next best guy assuming that Fitz and Manning are both gone.

If we trade down we pick up either Taylor or one of the Williams recievers and then use the 2 2nd rounders on a defensive back (Derrick Strait ?) and maybe a defensive tackle (Donnell Washington).

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If we stay at three, which I'm totally against this year. I think we should trade to #7. But if we stay there and Manning and Fitz are the firwst two picks I'd want either Rivers or Roethlisberger at #3. They are the only two worth the pick. The Miami players probobly have too much baggage. Winslow would "BOLT" anyway and Green does not seem to have any interest in Taylor. :shrug: There are too many really good recievers to warrant anyone other than Fitz probobly. But like I said before if you trade down you can get one in the second round. And we already have :

Boldin BJ Kasper McAddley Gilmore Williams (FA from TB) Poole

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Your are bad people! No trading down or up or anywhere for that matter! :)

From reading Green's comments it sounds like Mike Williams, Sean Taylor and Gallery are pretty high on Green's board. If Fitz is gone, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted one of those players.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I think Larry Fitzgerald will be Outstanding but i'd Rather bring some Killer instinct to our defense.

Just say no to recievers in round 1.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Why would we want Northcutt? Hasn't he said that he won't play for anyone but Baltimore? I would want to swap number 1'S, Suggs, and their number 37th overall. If they want Gallery that bad they will have to consider it.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
Nothing is for sure in the draft but the top ten players usually offer less risk than any second rounder. I have a feeling that trading will be done on picks: 1 because the Chargers have Brees and still suffer from the Leaf episode and 2 because Al Davis loves the attention given by trading and can still get Roy Williams or a Mike Williams player later on. The Cards should have Fitz there at three and should just draft the guy. Trading down always has the chance of blowing up right in your face. I believe in Green, he likes Fitz so lets just draft him and bypass the potential disaster a trade down could cause. KEEP the third pick!

More and more I see Fitz gone at #2. We had better be making alternate plans.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
WildBB said:
It's THE DEEPEST WR class, maybe ever. With all their needs you guys wan't to focus in on that first? Doesn't make sence. This is not last year!

I agree on this. WR is by no means our greatest need. We can get a good WR at #33.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05