Kermit Washington

Booyah30

Reaction score
I am trying to find video of the fight between Kermit Washington and Rudy. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find video of the fight between Kermit Washington and Rudy. Does anyone know where I can find it?

God that was ages ago I don't expect you'll find it on something like youtube.

FWIW, it wasn't a fight at all, there was some beef going on, Rudy T was running towards Kermit who was in the middle of a skirmish, saw Rudy T coming and assumed he was coming after him. So Kermit just turned and punched him, big punch, with Rudy T's own momentum magnifying it. One of the more devastating one punch knockouts you'll ever see, except of course that Rudy T had no idea he was about to get hit.

Tough situation you could understand why Washington assumed that Rudy was going to hit him, to this day I'm not sure I believe Rudy saying he wasn't, but the punch was devastating.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No fight, just Rudy running into a punch to the face by Kermit and melting to the ground.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fight, just Rudy running into a punch to the face by Kermit and melting to the ground.

It ended the career of both players. Rudy had multiple surgeries over a three year period because his entire cheek, eye area and nasal breathing passages had to be reconstructed.

Kermit was quietly forced out of the NBA and the league had to pay Rudy a never disclosed amount.

In my opinion, the attack was unprovoked and racist in nature. That event is what has the NBA so careful today about fights.

I thought Kermit should have served jail time.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I seen a show on the Kermit Washington story a few months back and that punch was unprovoked and devastating. It was really sad to see....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05