Kobe Bryant to Knicks?

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
Did you miss Kobe's MVP press conference, when he said he wanted to be Laker for life?
Didn't a lot of star player say that that they would like to stay with their current team forever?

Remember NBA is a business first league.

These are only possibities and obsevations and it may not happen.

Also, do you realy think Kobe like the triangle offense?

And if Kobe demand to change the style of play, Do you think Gasol who is under cotract forever would play up tempo.

Remember Jerry Bus is cheap and don't want to pay Luxury tax.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This goes in the trade forum with other fantasy scenarios.

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't a lot of star player say that that they would like to stay with their current team forever?

Remember NBA is a business first league.

These are only possibities and obsevations and it may not happen.

Also, do you realy think Kobe like the triangle offense?

And if Kobe demand to change the style of play, Do you think Gasol who is under cotract forever would play up tempo.

Remember Jerry Bus is cheap and don't want to pay Luxury tax.

Umm....
1. He says he has grown to love the triangle.
2. Gasol is one of the best running bigs in the league
3. Jerry Buss has payed the luxury tax EVERY YEAR since it's inception.
4. Kobe is not going anywhere.
5. You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about.

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
1. He says he has grown to love the triangle.
2. Gasol is one of the best running bigs in the league
3. Jerry Buss has payed the luxury tax EVERY YEAR since it's inception.
4. Kobe is not going anywhere.
5. You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you are talking about.

1. Didn't Kobe like to have Jason Kidd?
2. He is not Dirk Nowitzki. He is more effective post play rather than running.
3. Probably don't want to pay too much. Remember Shaq and after that.
4.I hope he's not but the possibilty is there.
5. Maybe

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did ASFN merge with the RealGM board or something?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
1. Didn't Kobe like to have Jason Kidd?

Yes, before he had Fisher back, before Bynum started playing well, and before the team aquired Gasol and Ariza. Things are a little different now, that was the off season last year.

2. He is not Dirk Nowitzki. He is more effective post play rather than running.
First of all, Dirk is a small forward. Second, Pau is one of the best running big men in the league, maybe you should actually watch him play before offering commentary on his game. Gasol is far more known for his running and his jump shot then he is for his low post play.

3. Probably don't want to pay too much. Remember Shaq and after that.
The Lakers have proven year after year, that they are more then willing to spend money to keep talent. Shaq wasn't let go because of money, Shaq was traded because he was a cancer. The Lakers are more then willing to spend money, they just won't spend it out of desperation on people they know won't help them. They are smart with their money, but far from cheap.

Kobe Bryant will retire a Laker.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think there's been a misunderstanding....

that guy that wears the maroon and gold is LeBron... Kobe wears the purple and gold.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I think there's been a misunderstanding....

that guy that wears the maroon and gold is LeBron... Kobe wears the purple and gold.

Ok, THAT explains it. Thanks for clarifying, if you take out Kobe and put in LeBron, then it makes a lot more sense. :thumbup:

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
Yes, before he had Fisher back, before Bynum started playing well, and before the team aquired Gasol and Ariza. Things are a little different now, that was the off season last year.

You're right but if they come up short to win the title this year then next season will be different siuation. They can still try the same team next season to try to win it. Lamar has expiring contract next year. The Lakers will try to extend Kobe's contract next year or else he will opt out his contract the following season without getting anything in return. Remember Boston became a title contender instantly.

Study the NBA salaries maybe you will get a feeling what I'm talking about.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

First of all, Dirk is a small forward. Second, Pau is one of the best running big men in the league, maybe you should actually watch him play before offering commentary on his game. Gasol is far more known for his running and his jump shot then he is for his low post play.

You're right, but dirk is a 7 ft small forward. Usually Center position is not of a big factor in an uptempo style of game. And if you think Gasol can do what Dirk can do like ball handling skills then I will agree with you 1000 %.

The Lakers have proven year after year, that they are more then willing to spend money to keep talent. Shaq wasn't let go because of money, Shaq was traded because he was a cancer. The Lakers are more then willing to spend money, they just won't spend it out of desperation on people they know won't help them. They are smart with their money, but far from cheap.

We can speculate and blame whoever we want but the bottom line is the Lakers has not won a championship after Shaq left. We have Kobe the best player in the league and yet he could not win a championship. Hopefully he can do it this year so that NY theory is just a fantasy.

Kobe Bryant will retire a Laker

Also Kevin Garnett as a Wolves, Iverson as a Sixers etc.

Hopefully Kobe will retire as a Laker but it just puzzled me that Dantoni signed with NY without hearing any offer from the Bulls.

We keep hearing that they going after Lebron but as of now they can at least make a move and make good offer to Kobe.

Lebron is great player but he is overhype and playing in east. Kobe is way better.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
The one thing that means the most to Kobe is the chance to contend for a title. There is no team in the league where he'll get that chance more then his current team. He's currently the leader of a young and talented team that's in the West Finals this year without their best post player. The Lakers won't be the same team next year, they'll be better, what you're seeing now is a very good team, next year they will be great. Odom will get extended, he's key and the Lakers know that, and they know that Extending Odom will help convince Kobe to stay in LA. We can argue hypotheticals all we want, only time will tell the truth, but I see absolutely nothing to make me think Kobe will leave the Lakers. The Lakers give him not only the maximum money, but the best team as well. It's an easy choice for Kobe.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
The one thing that means the most to Kobe is the chance to contend for a title. There is no team in the league where he'll get that chance more then his current team. He's currently the leader of a young and talented team that's in the West Finals this year without their best post player. The Lakers won't be the same team next year, they'll be better, what you're seeing now is a very good team, next year they will be great. Odom will get extended, he's key and the Lakers know that, and they know that Extending Odom will help convince Kobe to stay in LA. We can argue hypotheticals all we want, only time will tell the truth, but I see absolutely nothing to make me think Kobe will leave the Lakers. The Lakers give him not only the maximum money, but the best team as well. It's an easy choice for Kobe.
Even better post player than Gasol?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Even better post player than Gasol?

As a pure post, yes, I believe Bynum is better then Gasol. Bynum is a better rebounder and a better finisher around the basket. Gasol has a far better range, Gasol leads the break much better, and I think Gasol has a higher basketball IQ. Bynum though brings a toughness to the Lakers down low that they currently don't have, Bynum is also a much better shot blocker. It's a close one, Gasol is pretty good under the basket, I just like the way Bynum finishes with more authority. Gasol overall is better offensively, Bynum is better defensively. Both together, with Lamar Odom up there as well is something I can't wait to see.

And it's more then enough to keep Kobe happy, and in Laker Land for quite a while.

OP
OP
M

mack2323

Reaction score
I know you Laker Fans does not want this to happen.

Do you think Jerry Buss is ready to make this offer to Kobe this season to prevent him fom opting out the following season. Kobe has the potential to make 40 million a year when he is 37 & 38 if he exceeds Michael Jordan Level.

2008 Salary increase New Contract Salary
$21,262,500.00 10.5% $2,232,562.50 $23,495,062.50 2009
$23,495,062.50 10.5% $2,466,981.56 $25,962,044.06 2010
$25,962,044.06 10.5% $2,726,014.63 $28,688,058.69 2011
$28,688,058.69 10.5% $3,012,246.16 $31,700,304.85 2012
$31,700,304.85 10.5% $3,328,532.01 $35,028,836.86 2013
$35,028,836.86 10.5% $3,678,027.87 $38,706,864.73 2014
average $30,596,861.95

I think Kobe is kind enough to get less for what realy how much money he can get.

Wll they be competitive when Byant is starting to play in the 30 million contract.

Woul NY woul pay this kind of Money?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
You're judging Bynum from the what, 20 impressive games this season? Bynum is better in the post than Gasol because of 20 games he played well in?

25 max?

I dont get it how people can be so enamored with Bynum. He barely made a dent in this season. I keep hoping that im going to wake up one of these days and find out everyone's bynum crush was just a big joke like the Chuck Norris cult following.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Woul NY woul pay this kind of Money?

Get off it already, no one is going to buy your Kobe to NY theory. The Lakers will pay and Kobe will stay. No player is going to leave a team coached by Phil Jackson to go play for Mike D'Antoni either, The Knicks are going after LeBron.

LeBron is younger, and he's a great player playing in the arm pit of the league. He'll be an easy steal for the Knicks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05