OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
BOO! There goes Q.
I've been thinking they are going to match Q, too. He's a bargain at the price we have them at. :)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
1060 is saying it is not sure if the Clips will match becoue he doesn't get along with Corey

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What's interesting is the Clippers, Lakers, and us are looking for centers. The Clippers have just 2 C's listed on their roster. The Lakers are weak at center, too. Arguably, we are deeper at center then either the Clippers or Lakers right now. I don't know what that means, but like Bryan C. says, there WILL be trades! :)

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
True, but it doesnt change the fact that the ball is in the hands of the clippers right now in regards to Q...

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm saying they match for Q! :( Just a gut feeling. We may learn of the match sooner than later now that Kobe is a Laker, officially!

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
did anyone actually think Kobe would go to the clips?

Yeah, I thought it might happen.

I still think the Clips would be a better team with Kobe than the Lakers will--they'd have more talent, anyway. ;)

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
I didn't think he would, but the recent reporting of the Clippers being willing to go to Anaheim kind of threw a wrench into the scene. If Kobe wanted to kiss Mrs. Kobe's butt, the Anaheim thing could have had weight.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
Of course Kobe said he could I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking he would go or wouldn't. Kobe kept his options open and I am sure he would have gone either way.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Of course Kobe said he could I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking he would go or wouldn't. Kobe kept his options open and I am sure he would have gone either way.
I look at Brian Grant (?) being a better "center" than anyone on the Clippers squad. They keep saying Kobe wants to be the man, but the Lakers still have more pieces than the Clips, IMHO. Sorry Steven A. Smith (he thinks the Lakers are dead.).

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It is better for us that Kobe stays with the Lakers. The Lakers have a weaker supporting cast around Kobe than the Clips. If he went to the Clippers they could have been a sleeper to win the pacific.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
slinslin said:
It is better for us that Kobe stays with the Lakers. The Lakers have a weaker supporting cast around Kobe than the Clips. If he went to the Clippers they could have been a sleeper to win the pacific.
I agree plus it locks the Lakers into cap hell for awhile.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Here's somebody who wasn't fooled:

Bill Simmons: (2:06 PM ET ) Here's my theory on the Kobe situation - i don't think he ever had any intention of playing for the Clips, Bulls or anyone else - I think he's doing this whole thing to secure the maximum deal from LA (which he would have gotten from them anyway), and more importantly, to upstage the Shaq trade.

Bill Simmons: (2:07 PM ET ) I think it's been pretty much established at this point that he's a prima donna and an egomaniac.

:p

fordronken

Reaction score
Yuma said:
I look at Brian Grant (?) being a better "center" than anyone on the Clippers squad. They keep saying Kobe wants to be the man, but the Lakers still have more pieces than the Clips, IMHO. Sorry Steven A. Smith (he thinks the Lakers are dead.).

Grant, Cook and maybe Medvedenko over Brand, Kamins and Wilcox? Grant is a worse center than Kamins. If not right now, then by November at the latest.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Not sure about that LAC vs LAL .

pg - Payton vs Jaric equal
sg - none vs Maggete LAC
sf - Buttler vs none LAL
Pf - Odom vs Brand LAC
c - Grant vs Kaman LAC

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member